India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Debater of the week #11: rahmona_pakswe; Note Pg9

LeadNitrate IF-Sizzlerz
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 2:52am | IP Logged
Namaskar, Hello, bonjour, bonjuerno, Hola,Hallo, Adam, Satsriakal, Namaste, Salem-alekum and finally

HIII

Mona, the silent responsible lady of the forum, who speaks for a woman and a girl and a mother, who we all wish could be a little more regular on this forum, here is our chance to get to know our Mona a little better

rahmona_pakswe

Congratulations mona Here is a brand new siggie for you to put up.

and Now for the start up questions

Your name:

The first letter of your name and surname( if you don't answer above question):

The reason behind your ID:

How did you first join IF:

How often do you login:

Your experience in IF so far:

A nice moment of your life on IF:

Your worst nightmare on IF:

[FONT=Verdana] Few friends on IF who share the same wavelength:

What other forums you visit other than DM:

Why are you attracted towards DM:

Does the level of Debate here meet your expectation? If yes, do you want to give input to make it better? If no, same question

Your favorite past-time:

Are you a couch potato or busy Bee:

What are the activities you do, if you are busy bee

What do you usually do, sitting on couch? just browse IF or others as well

favorite qoute if any

Virtual or real:

PS: Check this to know who is next,( yours truly included in list). If I have missed you, do leave a note there/pm me and you will be added to the list as per your time convenience

RULES:

Unfortunately, due to barrage of  not so nice incidents in past DOTWs, a couple of rules have to be included from now on. Those who fail to comply by the rules, will be banned from taking part in MOTW, all their posts in MOTW threads will be deleted and their WLs will be increased depending upon the severity of transgession

1) NO MENTION OF PAST INCIDENTS/OTHER FORUMS TO BE DUG OUT.
Lately members use the DM thread to dig out incidents from past, happenings from other forums, their baseless thoughts and accusations and start the volley of member related actions

2) MIND YOUR LANGUAGES
Take a break and pause for 3s before writing anything you would not like to hear from others.

3) REMEMBER ITS ALL FOR FUN
Members ask others member related questions and when the answers are not to their liking, hell breaks. So please remember, its all in fun. when your time comes you can also name members as so and so , and you probably have too.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

MasterDisasterDiva-In-ArmorForever-KArahmona_pakswecharminggenie

Forever-KA IF-Rockerz
Forever-KA
Forever-KA

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 5:00am | IP Logged
congrats rahmona. dont know u much. some select questions from my earlier set

1a. Name your 3 least favorite DM/IF members
1b. Give one good thing about those 3 members

2a. Name your 3 most favorite DM/IF members
2b. Give one bad thing about those 3 members

3. Best debater on DM (pick one)

4. Pick 5 DM/IF members and associate a word with them

5. Who, here at DM/IF, in your view (or imagination) is most?
Friendly
Annoying
Intelligent
Wise
Funny
Emotional
Mysterious
Little crazy
Fancy with words
Beautiful girl
Handsome guy
Calm
Cool
Eloquent
Graceful

6. Make/Imagine teams of (2 DM/IF members each) for following situations/competitions
Miss Universe
Mr. Universe
War
SRK/Kajol role in DDLJ
Manage economic crisis
"Dance pay chance Marlay" competition
Singing
Debate
IQ competition
Cooking Briyanis (gossiping)
Prank/Making fun
Stalking someone
Comedy competition
To defend there is God
To defend there is no God
To defend gay marriage
To defend gay marriage should not be allowed

7. Choose one person (M or F) from the whole world that personifies (in your eyes)*
Grace
Dignity
Character
Beauty
Personality
Charisma
Intelligence
Leadership
Wisdom
Innocence
* Exclude religious figures

8. Rate yourself (1-10 ,1 being least/less)
Emotional
Intelligent
Wise
Looks
Calm
Charismatic
Leadership
Lucky
Honesty
Care about virtual life
Arrogance
Greed
Eating
9. If you happen to get into a time machine of some sort then
-which 3 people from the past would you like to meet (non religious)
-which 3 events would you like to witness
-which 3 events would you like to change now that you know about them.

10. You have a developed a lie detector with 100 percent accuracy. Pick 10 DM/IF members and ask them one question.

11. Pick 5 members and rate them in likeness (out of 100%). The likeness can be due to any factor/s. For example Mr. A=80%, Mr.B=10%.

12. Pick 5 DM/IF members and rate them on gossip scale (0-100, with 100 being most gossipy)
13. Pick 5 DM/IF members and rate them on aggressions scale (0-100, with 100 being most aggressor)

14. Pick 5 DM/IF members and rate them on intelligence scale (0-100, with 100 being most intelligent)

15. Post your most favorite pakistani, indian and englisg song

Thanks

ps. feel free to skip questions if u feel uncomfortable. i wont mind. thanks

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanetrahmona_pakswecharminggenie

charminggenie IF-Stunnerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 10:32am | IP Logged

Hey Mona, Congrats for the hot seat... , sure you are going to rock this! here are few warmers, bet you can nail them all with ease...

• Name one person that is not a family member that has had the greatest influence in your life.
  • Define  a woman.
  • mention a happy memory from your childhood.
  • If you were banished to a dessert island, would you rather be there alone or with your worst enemy?
  • If you could go back and visit any time period, what time would you travel to and why?
  • If you had to give up one of your senses (hearing, seeing, feeling, smelling, tasting) which would it be and why?
  • What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?
  • What is your favorite TV show and why?
  • If you had to live this week over again, would you change anything?  If so, what will it be?
  • Talk about a purchase that you made sometime in your life that you regret.

•  Phew, these for now, will be back for more. Kick it, lovely!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Forever-KArahmona_pakswe

rahmona_pakswe IF-Sizzlerz
    rahmona_pakswe
    rahmona_pakswe

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
    Originally posted by LeadNitrate

Namaskar, Hello, bonjour, bonjuerno, Hola,Hallo, Adam, Satsriakal, Namaste, Salem-alekum and finally

HIII

Mona, the silent responsible lady of the forum, who speaks for a woman and a girl and a mother, who we all wish could be a little more regular on this forum, here is our chance to get to know our Mona a little better
    Oooh, nice description.

rahmona_pakswe

Congratulations mona Here is a brand new siggie for you to put up.

and Now for the start up questions

Your name: Mona

The first letter of your name and surname( if you don't answer above question):

The reason behind your ID: I changed the order of Mona Rahm to make it rahmona. The second part of my name, pakswe, stands for Pakistan which my parents come from and Sweden where I was born and raised. I should add UK somewhere to make it more correct as I've been living in UK for some time now. LOL

How did you first join IF: Err...got kind of hooked to DMG (please don't judge me too hard LOL) and while searching for more info I stumbled on IF. It took me about 2 months before I joined as my level in English wasn't that high back then (still isn't good enough) and the thought of chatting in English was giving me hiccups.   

How often do you login: Every day.

Your experience in IF so far: Good and bad. I've had some great moments while staying up all night chatting with people and laughing my head off. The bad times...can I say DMG forum? Holy moly, the fan wars were completely new to me and I was shocked how obsessive, crazy, possessive, nasty and ugly people could get.

A nice moment of your life on IF: First time someone made a birthday thread for me. It was great experience as I never get attention whether in real or virtual world. Someone actually took out some of their precious time to put a smile on my face meant very much.

Your worst nightmare on IF: Keyboard warriors. Ugh, go out and do something that will change the world rather than fighting over your favourite actor.

[FONT=Verdana] Few friends on IF who share the same wavelength: I have a few on the Supernatural forum.

What other forums you visit other than DM: Supernatural and Pakistani forum.

Why are you attracted towards DM: Because there are intelligent people who discuss things that actually matters.

Does the level of Debate here meet your expectation? If yes, do you want to give input to make it better? If no, same question
    Well most of the time the Debates are above my intelligence levels and I can rarely participate. Can't help I was born with a pea-sized brain.LOL  Though in the beginning I was enthusiastic in the debates but after one particular heated debate on Islam thread, where I headbutted with one member, I quickly realised my debating skills were very immature and basic. Since then I decided to observe and learn. I may never become a fantastic debater however I can always improve.

How to make it better? Hmm...maybe subjects that applies to more people than only few. Several times the topic has been interesting but they only apply to Indians and I'm Pakistani. I could start a debate of my own but not being good with words kind of prevents me.

Your favorite past-time: Reading, reading, reading! Reading is my passion and I read everything I can get my hands on in several languages.

Are you a couch potato or busy Bee: Couch potato on weekends and busy bee on weekdays.

What are the activities you do, if you are busy bee
    Working my two jobs and taking care of my almost teenage daughter. Being a single mum is enough to never have a dull moment.

What do you usually do, sitting on couch? just browse IF or others as well
    Reading, surfing the Internet, watch TV and have long discussions with my daughters on various subjects.

favorite qoute if any
    "For you your religion, and for me my religion". It's from the Quran, Surah al-Kauthar.

Virtual or real:
    More virtual because I can be more myself. I don't have the confidence to be myself out in the real world. I was never encouraged during my childhood, was bullied during my teenage, went through some really painfull times during my twenties because of my ex-husbands. Now in my thirties I'm out and done. Virtual world is a way to escape my painful and horrible past.

PS: Check this to know who is next,( yours truly included in list). If I have missed you, do leave a note there/pm me and you will be added to the list as per your time convenience

RULES:

Unfortunately, due to barrage of  not so nice incidents in past DOTWs, a couple of rules have to be included from now on. Those who fail to comply by the rules, will be banned from taking part in MOTW, all their posts in MOTW threads will be deleted and their WLs will be increased depending upon the severity of transgession

1) NO MENTION OF PAST INCIDENTS/OTHER FORUMS TO BE DUG OUT.
    Lately members use the DM thread to dig out incidents from past, happenings from other forums, their baseless thoughts and accusations and start the volley of member related actions

2) MIND YOUR LANGUAGES
    Take a break and pause for 3s before writing anything you would not like to hear from others.

3) REMEMBER ITS ALL FOR FUN
    Members ask others member related questions and when the answers are not to their liking, hell breaks. So please remember, its all in fun. when your time comes you can also name members as so and so , and you probably have too.

Edited by rahmona_pakswe - 17 August 2013 at 2:54pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

MasterDisasterBazigarDiva-In-ArmorForever-KAMcNinjanishu786thegameisonChameli_billi*Dev.*charminggenie

rahmona_pakswe
    rahmona_pakswe

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 4:27pm | IP Logged
    Originally posted by King-Anu

congrats rahmona. dont know u much. some select questions from my earlier set

1a. Name your 3 least favorite DM/IF members I can only think of one...Rehanism
    1b. Give one good thing about those 3 members
    Damn good debater!

2a. Name your 3 most favorite DM/IF members Arwen, LeadNitrate, RTH
    2b. Give one bad thing about those 3 members
    I really don't know because I rarely focus on bad things about others.

3. Best debater on DM (pick one) Hands down RTH

4. Pick 5 DM/IF members and associate a word with them

5. Who, here at DM/IF, in your view (or imagination) is most?
    Friendly
    Annoying
    Intelligent
    Wise
    Funny
    Emotional
    Mysterious
    Little crazy
    Fancy with words
    Beautiful girl
    Handsome guy
    Calm
    Cool
    Eloquent
    Graceful

6. Make/Imagine teams of (2 DM/IF members each) for following situations/competitions
    Miss Universe
    Mr. Universe
    War
    SRK/Kajol role in DDLJ
    Manage economic crisis
    "Dance pay chance Marlay" competition
    Singing
    Debate
    IQ competition
    Cooking Briyanis (gossiping)
    Prank/Making fun
    Stalking someone
    Comedy competition
    To defend there is God
    To defend there is no God
    To defend gay marriage
    To defend gay marriage should not be allowed

7. Choose one person (M or F) from the whole world that personifies (in your eyes)*
    Grace Queen Sylvia
    Dignity My maternal grandmother
    Character Misha Collins
    Beauty Greta Garbo
    Personality Takeshi Kaneshiro
    Charisma Kay Pollak
    Intelligence Abdus Salam
    Leadership Nelson Mandela
    Wisdom Aung San Suu Kyi
    Innocence My month old niece LOL
    * Exclude religious figures
    Dang it! You just made things so much more difficult as most people I admire are religious figures.

8. Rate yourself (1-10 ,1 being least/less)
    Emotional 10
    Intelligent 3
    Wise 7
    Looks 2
    Calm 8
    Charismatic 5
    Leadership 2
    Lucky 1
    Honesty 8
    Care about virtual life 3
    Arrogance 4
    Greed 5
    Eating
    9. If you happen to get into a time machine of some sort then
    -which 3 people from the past would you like to meet (non religious) Cleopatra, Martin Luther King, Einstein
    -which 3 events would you like to witness Building of Pyramids, the birth of Jesus, the beginning of Indus civilisation
    -which 3 events would you like to change now that you know about them.
    WW1, WW2, the murder of Olof Palme

10. You have a developed a lie detector with 100 percent accuracy. Pick 10 DM/IF members and ask them one question.

11. Pick 5 members and rate them in likeness (out of 100%). The likeness can be due to any factor/s. For example Mr. A=80%, Mr.B=10%.

12. Pick 5 DM/IF members and rate them on gossip scale (0-100, with 100 being most gossipy)
    13. Pick 5 DM/IF members and rate them on aggressions scale (0-100, with 100 being most aggressor)

14. Pick 5 DM/IF members and rate them on intelligence scale (0-100, with 100 being most intelligent)

15. Post your most favorite pakistani, indian and englisg song
    Pakistani: Jugni (21st Century) by Mukhtar Sahota & Arif Lohar

Indian: Mujhe Neend Na Aaye - Dil

English: Same Old Song - Pain

Thanks

As you notice I have skipped questions regarding other IF members because firstly I haven't interacted with many and secondly I suffer from bad memory. I literally can't remember the different aspects of each member. It's a problem I suffer in both real and virtual life. I can talk to someone and next time we interact I can't remember who it is, what and when we talked. There's a reason people call me Ghajini. Tongue 

Edited by rahmona_pakswe - 17 August 2013 at 4:52pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanetDiva-In-ArmorBazigarForever-KAMcNinjanishu786Chameli_billicharminggenie

Forever-KA IF-Rockerz
    Forever-KA
    Forever-KA

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 5:36pm | IP Logged
    Originally posted by rahmona_pakswe

Originally posted by King-Anu

As you notice I have skipped questions regarding other IF members because firstly I haven't interacted with many and secondly I suffer from bad memory. I literally can't remember the different aspects of each member. It's a problem I suffer in both real and virtual life. I can talk to someone and next time we interact I can't remember who it is, what and when we talked. There's a reason people call me Ghajini. Tongue 

no worries. whatever u answered was great. thanks and have fun here.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanetrahmona_pakswe

rahmona_pakswe
    rahmona_pakswe

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 5:47pm | IP Logged
    Originally posted by charminggenie

Hey Mona, Congrats for the hot seat... (thank you), sure you are going to rock this! here are few warmers, bet you can nail them all with ease...(hope so too)

Name one person that is not a family member that has had the greatest influence in your life.
    During a very difficult time I came across this wonderful women who helped me to put my life back together. If it wasn't for her I wouldn't have survived those horrible months of my life. I lost contact with her years ago but I will never forget her words, support and kindness.

Define  a woman.  Definition of women changes from person to person but in my eyes a woman is someone who can show great strength at the times a weakness. She can adapt to any situation and is therefore a survivor. She has the ability to balance being many different persones in one package.

mention a happy memory from your childhood. During my last visit to Pakistan (yes I haven't been there since 1987) my beloved Nanajaan (maternal grandfather) took my entire family on a boat trip. He was in charge of rowing and we others enjoyed a peaceful ride on the river. While sitting on the boat I remember how close we were to the water but for some reason I was never afraid (or maybe I have forgotten LOL) despite having no swimming skills. I thought the water was fascinating. We ended up having a lovely picknick on the side of the river and then returned home many hours later.

If you were banished to a dessert island, would you rather be there alone or with your worst enemy? Alone!!! Solitude has never been an issue for me. My worst enemies are my ex-husbands and no way I want them anywhere near me.

If you could go back and visit any time period, what time would you travel to and why? During the time of  Profet Muhammad. I would love to witness him with my own eyes and everything that happened around that time.

If you had to give up one of your senses (hearing, seeing, feeling, smelling, tasting) which would it be and why? Hearing. My visual is too precious because I love to read and observe my surroundings. I'm very emotional person and can't imagine a life without feelings. I have this weird habit of smelling everything like while cooking food, going to a new place, when buying something new and I love the smell of new born babies which is too wonderful to let go. I love food and food without taste is useless. Only thing left is hearing. After working with special needs children for a few hours every week I'm even more convinced that hearing is one thing I could let go of if I was forced to choose .

What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? I remember my mother cooked some weird dish, I think it was kidney curry, during my childhood. I hadn't much choice to say no despite crying and not wanting to eat.  

What is your favorite TV show and why? My all time favourite show is Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The show was never about some silly lovestories or glittering vampires, rather about a girl who is forced to accept her destiny, to face challenges and overcome obstacles, to make hard choices (not always the right ones), to grow as a person, to sacrifice. She had her grey shades and she wasn't perfect. I can't thank Joss Whedon enough (the man behind Avengers) for creating such larger than life show which had a strong female character who could kick butt.

If you had to live this week over again, would you change anything?  If so, what will it be? Of course I would change a few things like worrying less about nonsens stuff. I always spend too much time on matters of life that will resolve sooner or later. Yelling less on my daughter. Poor soul, her ears needs rest. LOL 

Talk about a purchase that you made sometime in your life that you regret. Ooh, that needs some thinking. I'm very careful in buying things and only buy what I absolutely need but probably it was an onion chopper which was absolutely useless. It was supposed to make chopping easier but I almost ruined my hand and wrist because I had to use so much force. What were they thinking when they made the product?

Phew, these for now, will be back for more. Kick it, lovely!
    What?! You're not done yet?! Ouch, my poor brain. LOL 

Edited by rahmona_pakswe - 17 August 2013 at 6:40pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

MasterDisasterDiva-In-ArmorMcNinjaChameli_billinishu786

McNinja IF-Rockerz
    McNinja
    McNinja

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 6:56pm | IP Logged
    Congrats Mona, nice answers thus far. 

I don't think I've seen you post a lot but the few times I have, your signature always intrigued me. I always wondered whether it was a part of a quote, book, or your own words with a story behind em, so I guess now would be the perfect time to ask you what your signature means. LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Bazigarrahmona_pakswecharminggenie

Go to top