Happy Challenge Giving and Winning. - Page 2

Posted: 10 years ago
Vishnu thanks for reminding me about Samir's VMs. I once asked him for the whole playlist...watching those really helps. Yes, this time it's Babs getting a challenge but Suraj gave the challnege and being the hero, he has to win it. SurYa had no other option than to play Bhabo's game - Challenge giving. So all back at RM no matter if LC is revealed or not. LC is not going to make any difference in the family dynamics. Nothing has made a difference in 2 whole years. 
@ padbear ..LC matter made a difference ofcourse, Suraj has taken the decision of leaving the house and even challenged bhabo which seemed really impossible if we watch last years episodes.
Other family members know about LC or not , wouldnt make much of difference yeah cause  when Bhabasa and Suraj know they can handle all .
If this track actually shows how RP suffer without Surya and bhabo repents then this track is offering something different .
Now Suraj's character is becoming really strong , thats what was needed especially when he has thought about the IPS thing.
Edited by Toxic11 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by PadBear

actually this is probably my love you and leave you post to the show. Wasn't really watching regularly these last few weeks. Now knowing what the formula is and how it's going to be repeated as well as all the promos. Nothing more to look forward to for me. 

Sandy was my pride and joy last year. She had more strength and courage then. She stood alone against big challenges. But not any more. I come back after a 8 month break and...she has lost something. Confidence is shaken. Too dependent on Suraj and Bhabo for emotional needs. She was more suited to IPS last year.

Sandy was never alone whenever she had to face any kind of challenge as Suraj was always by her side.Confidence, strength  and courage are Sandy's traits and that cannot be taken away from her in any way ..This time she was in dilemma as bhabo offered her to choose between family and dream ..Now who wouldnt be weak when it comes to their family? Both Surya depend on each other in  alot of ways.
They are probably showing Suraj to be stronger , as the track is focusing on how through husband's support Sandhya becomes IPS. Its great Suraj is also getting good screenspace now, earlier he wasnt given much of dialogues either.
Edited by Toxic11 - 10 years ago
toxic yes Suraj has stepped up and then Sandy has to regain some rationality too. Accepting 3 pots as a sacrosanct thing and taking blame and on and on...it's great if that's all this show is about, but this is supposed to be about an IPS aspirant,who decided to drop her ambitions and then changed her mind somewhat...some part of it has to be rooted in practicalities. And are SurYa always going to hold each other's hands and support each other every step of the way? I find it a bit too dependent. Normal modern couples don't function that way. But I doubt this is a normal couple. A bit kiddish. Innocence will not work coz Sandy has out thought villains and braved physical danger.They are difficult to connect with for me. Is Suraj going to be there emotionally bucking her up all the way? She can't function on her own? Even for a day?  He's going to arrange her study time table, give her a glass of milk, sit by her side. I loved Sandy. Now all she has done is dry clothes and make tea. All the crime busting is fine as a standalone thing, but ... this is about a wife,a DIL, a family woman determined not to disturb and upset and still does not lose sight of her other goals. She had the mental fortitude to do that last year. Now she has allowed herself to be bullied by Bhabo, mollycoddled by Suraj,and for no really good reason. So it's a very mixed up picture for me now. Edited by PadBear - 10 years ago
Excellent post Anusha. No matter how much they may want to camouflage it naming it the challenge drama, the bottom line is DABH script is running in circles. They are unable to come up with anything new and are afraid to go in for the breakup of a joint family, lest they lose their TRPS. So the viewers get to see the same thing again and again packaged a little bit differently each time. Maybe the DABH CVs have concluded that they will make Sandhya appear for their own version of civil services and not the one conducted by UPSC and make her an IPS officer who has successfully withstood RP challenges. Sandhya swings from one end of the pendulam to another and does not seem to be very keen on her dreams as much as Suraj. The toughness required to be an IPS officer is sadly missing in her. I have to agree with you DABH CVs are afraid to go Bhaboless for long. She is their USP not SurYa.
Uma, yes Bhabo is the USP of the show. I won't blame CVs for finding ways to always have her front and centre. She's a superb performer. Pity that her disciple Sandy didn't get some more steel put into her by Bhabo. Now Suraj has found some courage but all he can do is include Bhabo in SurYa's journey even more. What's more, he can't think beyond his mother's pattern of 15 day dhamkis. Don't Suraj and Sandy have any individuality left or has it all been swallowed in a black hole. 

oh and dabh special version of UPSC is a big possiblity. ðŸ˜†
Edited by PadBear - 10 years ago
Compelling Bhabo to prove she can't live without her son is hardly an acceptance of IPS dreams. It is the same emotional blackmail which Bhabo uses for Sandhya. She wants Sandhya to choose between the RP and IPS. Suraj blackmails his mother, if you want me accept IPS otherwise you will lose me. So it is the same cycle of emotional blackmail continuing. Knowing fully well the tortures Sandhya has undergone in aangan dramas, where he could not protect her he is again going to push her in the same blackhole, if a reluctant Bhabo gives approval. No doubt that is the ideal and time tested masala required for high TRPS.
I've never seen you using this many emoticons
I've turned reaction-less about DABH from last 4-5months.🤔.
Even BhaSan chemistry fails to soothes me.🤔.
I'm not so excited to catch up with show on time although i have chance. I rather prefer to sleep.🤔.

I agree with Deebz Amma; with introduction of this challenge it'll be gonna turn Bhabho-centric.

Like you I didn't like sandy highly relying on Sooraj to gain emotional strength. I mean ain't we women capable enough to overcome from any challenge life throw on us?

I'm self-made person and won't ever prefer to rely on my hubby to gain emotional strength.🤓.
ya Uma exactly. SurYa need to rise above Bhabo's tactics, be clever,be determined,be firm. But no. Emotional blackmail is the weapon of choice. And yes, after this 'victory' of Suraj, Sandy will be in a funk because  of all the guilt she has to live with after arm twisting Bhabo. Way to go. As if Bhabo is going to stay quiet for long after that.

at the very least...Suraj could have said...one day you will want us back...instead of ..in 15 days.

fresco, yes it really is a special day for me...I feel strange using them all...I knew they would come in useful one day.

Ami, yes. Suraj's strength does not have to be at the expense of  Sandy's weakness/silliness/confusion. Couples are not balanced in that way ðŸ˜†. We are always individuals first. This whole SurYa business is becoming a huge joke to me.
Edited by PadBear - 10 years ago