Jagya'a balancing act

sectoreight thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Leaving aside the specifics of engagement and what not,

I want to frame a bigger broader question -- which is How can Jagya bring balance into his life?

It is clear that when he has independence, he cannot function in the independence because he craves his family.

And

conversely, when he has his family, he cannot function in the family because he craves his independence.

There will always be a trade-off between family and independence. He cant have them both.

So, from a broader perspective, a long term perspective, how should he handle this issue.

I am not talking about the engagement (which is just one snapshot currently) but a more long term perspective.

all views appreciated.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

seetha74 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

The complexities of  Jagdish's  character is he is [was] unable to handle the tricky situations with dignity ..delicacy and tact ...which are very much needed ...for a person's independece. He always created conflicts , in his personal  life as well  as in his family relations . Real independence means  'be happy in your space  and let others live happily  with you'---Here  in this perspective ...he failed!  It is useful occasionally to look at the past  to gain a perspective  on the present  situation.

Edited by SEETHA.K - 10 years ago
sectoreight thumbnail
Hi seetha,

thanks for your reply -- fully agree about handling situations with delicacy, dignity and tact.

But now, going forward, how can he accomplish what you have said  -- i.e.  "Real independence means  'be happy in your space  and let others live happily  with you'

This sounds perfect as an adage, but what can he do in practical terms to achieve this?

seetha74 thumbnail
Lack of clarity in one's thinking  makes him a confused  person. Jaggia is in dilemma... whether to go with his  heart.>..longing for a  soul mate 'with whom he can depend on ,connect with'---or oblige the orders...wishes of his mother .For him Sanchi is not the real problem...the real problem is his indecisiveness .  If he comes out of that confusion his life and the people around him will be happy. 
sectoreight thumbnail
Hey seetha,

thanks! that is great and I can fully relate to your answer and completely agree.

There was a time when I didn't really make any decisions, and was indecisive, and then everyone else in my life would try to jump in and give me direction.

Once I just started taking decisions, all of the others just started to fall into place.

I conveyed clearly to everyone through my actions and thoughts that  I was "driver of my own bus" from now on, and from that point on,  everyone else also let me drive my own bus ๐Ÿ˜†

I do believe that one's outside world is a reflection of one's inside world.

But now, back to Jagya ... ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†  don't you think that he was very decisive in this matter per se? He DID want to go with Ganga.  Or do you think he did not take enough of a stand??  Where did he go wrong in this particular situation (specifically the engagement controversy of saanchi vs. ganga)?
HemaG thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: SEETHA.K

The complexities of  Jagdish's  character is he is [was] unable to handle the tricky situations with dignity ..delicacy and tact ...which are very much needed ...for a person's independece. He always created conflicts , in his personal  life as well  as in his family relations . Real independence means  'be happy in your space  and let others live happily  with you'---Here  in this perspective ...he failed!  It is useful occasionally to look at the past  to gain a perspective  on the present  situation.

he ll not be able to live his life with these 2 major things...

he is changed for sure but to become independent...he need to change more..๐Ÿ˜Š
Sudharies thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Micro Phobia Contest Participant 0 Thumbnail + 8
I think Jagya is accepting or learning now to be independent but along with his family. If it was old Jagya, he'd have rejected Sanchi coz he's not in love with her. After that when he's realizing Ganga's importance in his life, old Jagya would've convinced her to marry him like how he did to Gauri. Since he's changed and keeps others happiness before his well being, he's keeping quiet. But Sanchi is not the right gal for him. J and S can't stay happy together. Jagya needs a gal who is good at heart to keep him in the right path in life, Which is definitely not Sanchi. Jagya need someother gal in his life to balance himself abd his family.
seetha74 thumbnail
๐Ÿ˜ƒSectoreight DEAR...๐Ÿ˜‰I am not a good teacher . How can I convince you that๐Ÿ˜• ...Jaggia should not agree to marry Sanchi  if he doesn't  have any feeling for her ...  which is visible in the serial in so many occasions. But  he is indecisive here.,.not  so sure about  his longing  for Ganga...his responsibility towards his family-----towards  Anandi,s happiness in her Sasra..etc.  He is  not in a position to lose his family again  by rejecting  their  wishes  [though  so weird]orders.๐Ÿฅบ Edited by SEETHA.K - 10 years ago
leavesandwaves thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I think he is multi tasking. By this he is annoying both ganga's fans as well as sanchi's fans.
leavesandwaves thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
It is also a classical symptom of man basically not being monogamist.

Jagya, unfortunately, has these symptoms from the gauri episode to sanchi episode.

They will blame everyone except themselves.
Edited by leavesandwaves - 10 years ago