India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Nidhi Razdan Vs Barry Gardiner

.Peeves. IF-Rockerz
.Peeves.
.Peeves.

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 10:14pm | IP Logged
There is a lot of controversy nowadays over NDTV anchor Nidhi Razdan who took interview of Barry Gardiner. She was imposing her thoughts on Mr.Gardiner and did not let him speak.  It was very shameful on Nidhi Razdan's part. She should know her limits as an anchor and should be unbiased. It is very much clear that she was biased towards Congress. Well it is not surprising as she is girlfriend of Omar Abdullah(supporter of congress).  NDTV is a total congress paid out channel and all respect for that channel has gone! 
If you haven't watched please watch it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ePJ7KIEkY

She told that we Indians have the right to question even Supreme Court's judgement. I think i had read in 10th that we cannot question ! 
Its been two years I haven't studied Political Science, if anyone knows about this , please enlighten me. Can we question Supreme court? 

You can share your own views on this controversy too. I would love to have a good debate! :)  

Edited by AdorableAshVik - 16 August 2013 at 10:15pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sarasingh86

sarasingh86 IF-Rockerz
sarasingh86
sarasingh86

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 12:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AdorableAshVik

There is a lot of controversy nowadays over NDTV anchor Nidhi Razdan who took interview of Barry Gardiner. She was imposing her thoughts on Mr.Gardiner and did not let him speak.  It was very shameful on Nidhi Razdan's part. She should know her limits as an anchor and should be unbiased. It is very much clear that she was biased towards Congress. Well it is not surprising as she is girlfriend of Omar Abdullah(supporter of congress).  NDTV is a total congress paid out channel and all respect for that channel has gone! 
If you haven't watched please watch it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ePJ7KIEkY

She told that we Indians have the right to question even Supreme Court's judgement. I think i had read in 10th that we cannot question ! 
Its been two years I haven't studied Political Science, if anyone knows about this , please enlighten me. Can we question Supreme court? 

You can share your own views on this controversy too. I would love to have a good debate! :)  

Thanks for sharing video.  Putting aside my person opinion on Mr. Modi , in this particular discussion I felt that  Nidhi razdan was clearly keen to present as if Gardiner did something horribly  wrong by extending invitation to Modi. It was so hilarious to see how Gardiner caught her and exposed her agenda.                 
                                   I don't know, whether one can question supreme courts decision or not but it will be great if someone here throws some light on issue. But it was so funny to see nidhi razdhan being embarrassed when Gardiner questioned her interview conducting skills and surely he had a point lol.

.Peeves.

_barbie IF-Sizzlerz
_barbie
_barbie

Posted: 21 August 2013 at 2:54pm | IP Logged
Supreme Court judgement can be DEBATED, not QUESTIONED. 

questioning SC verdicts are regarded as CONTEMPT OF COURT, and it is punishable offence.

but of course the ndtv bimbo forgot all these in her desperate attempt to question the British MP's invitation to NaMo , which badly boomeranged on her  LOL

.Peeves.

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 21 August 2013 at 3:41pm | IP Logged

The Supreme Court of a supreme court is technically final and the supreme law of the land. However, a democratic system is based on checks and balances. The Supreme Court is comprised of humans which makes it fallible. Which is why, the judicial branch can be checked by the legislative and executive branches. So in that sense not just in India, a citizen of any democratic nation can move to challenge, question, critique a supreme court within a provided framework.

A case may be retried or a similar case maybe reinterpreted (Jim Crow laws overturned by Brown vs board of education) or a the legislature may be urged to push laws overturning/working around supreme court decisions (state sanctioned anti-abortion laws passed against Roe v. Wade).

Protesting/Questioning a decision is not contempt of court. Thousands protested when the US Supreme Court overturned Prop 8 and DOMA. That is also a constitutional right protected by free speech laws. Contempt of court occurs only during a trial or hearing when a person behaves against the expected decorum of the court.   

These are US cases, but every democratic country has provisions to question or evolve Supreme Court decisions.

I have not seen the video.

However, it is not just Nidhi. In general, I believe we live an era of very poor journalism. Most reporters and interviewers display shoddy interview and reporting techniques. They will ask very leading or very narrow scope questions. They will badger and railroad people they disagree with and build up those whom they agree with. It is so bad, that I think Stephen Colbert actually maybe one of the few professional competent journalists left in the world.

I also think NaMo fans need to give Nidhi a break. Being against anti Modi doesn€™t automatically mean a Congress sock puppet or biased journalism. There have been those who found Gardiner dodgy and aggressive. They feel that Nidhi asked valid questions, but failed to competently keep Gardiner in check. A Rachel Maddow of sorts would be bitch slapping Gardiner left right and make him appear a fool. (Maddow is a very liberal slanted anchor).  

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/nidhi-razdan-vs-barry-gardiner-a-spectacle-of-shamelessness-1038279.html

I don€™t care much for NaMo and I think UK owes a significant explanation on the banning and then overturning of NaMo in their country. Same question to any country that back tracks on their NaMo stances. Were they right then? Are they right now? When did they make a mistake? Can we trust the reliability of flip flopping governments?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.Peeves.charminggenie

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index