Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Aug 15-16 Episodes - Some Thoughts (Page 2)

Angie12 IF-Rockerz
Angie12
Angie12

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 3:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Myra.nelly

Good points, Angie..Feel the same about this week, it brought back my interest...
The best part for me was Sita willing to give her power and support to Ram for him to succeed, that shows she is already seeing him as her husband, two bodies one soul, who together can do anything if they have eachothers support...just like any other normal married couple, loved this part Big smile
Myra, thanks.  There was a huge difference in this week's episodes compared to last.  A lot of things improved.  I too liked that part of Sita willing to give her power/support to Ram.  Sita fell for Ram right away and she knows what she wanted. I am really liking this portrayal of  this spunky, open Sita who is gentle, yet strong.  I wouldn't have watched this Ramayan if I hadn't liked Sita's portrayal.

Mahadev being Rams inner voice, liked that..felt like watching a teens movie where the lead is playing some sport and he is thinking about all the pros and cons before taking the last shot and after he succeeds, the girl lead, who was cheering by the side, comes to him all smiling,. hugging him with her pom poms around his neck, well here sita came with a garland LOL
In these teen sport movies there is also a evil mascot, well, thats Ravan...
LOLLOL  Myra, you have made Ram the sports jock, Sita the cheer leader.  But Raavan the mascot??  Granted you called him evil, but usually mascots at games are loveable ones whom you want to hug.  But I guess you can't have everything goody goody.  So evil mascot works for me.  
About face expressions, well Ruby is brilliant, its a delight to watch her..but Piyush was good too Smile
Ruby was great in her expressions.  I have to admit that until last week I was skeptical of Piyush even though he acts well.  Somehow, I couldn't picture him as Ram and felt that his chemistry with Ruby's Sita was not great.  I had wanted Saurabh (not the one you like but the one who used to play Vishnu in this show) as Ram and had thought that his chemistry with Rubina's Sita would have been awesome.  But this week I started liking Piyush as Ram.  I don't know if it was body language or expressions or what, but suddenly I am liking him as Ram now.  And yes, he did well.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

kaatayani--Ekta--Myra.nellymisti73Proud-India

kaatayani IF-Rockerz
kaatayani
kaatayani

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 4:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angie12

Originally posted by kaatayani

@ point 4.. 

even I was surprised tht the scene was shown just the way i described...   (it's one those rare occasions where u feel tht kuch aur bhi maanga hota  to mil jata...  LOL)
any ways...
LOL Kaatayani, I was thinking of you when I saw that scene.  Rarely, CVs fulfill our wishes.  Usually, you get exactly opposite of what you want to see in a scene.  I also liked that interaction between Mahadev and Ram.

Raavan's condition was xtremly hilarious.. i got a sadistic pleasure wen Janak was making sarcastic comments on him... and of course the utter disbelief wen the KID lifted the bow...ROFL
For the first time since Raavan decided to come to Swayamvar, I didn't mind him because his stunned expressions and Janak's gloating was hilarious.
what irked me was Raam's all the tym thinking of Maryaada...Confused
Well, Ram is the hero and he and Mahadev are made from the same mould.  So of course, they will hesitate in accepting the good thing that had just come their way.  

so i did a thumbs up to Mahadev wen he asked Raam tht abt wat maryaada is he talking off... just do the damm task and prove urself to be a purushottam...
Mahadev actually was giving him reasons on why he should lift the dhanush.  And Sita was the last item on Mahadev's list.  That finally did the trick for Ram.  Ram had already started looking happy when Vishwamitra told him to go lift the bow.  It was breaking of Mahadev's dhanush that gave him a pause.

I always felt tht Raam was always over thoughful and lacked dynamism.. { MY POV }
I understand your POV.  I have always liked Lakshman more because he is reactive like me.  So I understand Lakshman's style more than Ram's style.  But I think a good leader needs to be cool headed and should weigh pros/cons.  So Ram here was doing the same thing even though breaking that dhanush was making his wish of having Sita as a wife coming true.  

@ blue... when I compare Raam's dynamism I do that with his other avtaar Krishna in the cuming yug...  Krishna a thorough karmyogi.. he thinks.. but does not overthinks

so for me some of the actions of Raam can be termed very controversial due his very nature of including maryaada in every thng... not that he shud not do so... but over doing of sum acts stagnates your personality 

more over while looking at the Pinaak.. Ram was more concious of the fact tht his aaradhya might not get offended...!  So Mahadev cuming in in tht smoky atmosphere was the voice of Raam's conscience tht always told him to do Karm and not become a Karta... so according to me Mahadev's arguments to Raam were in the nature of practical assertions of Raam's mind and heart

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Angie12--Ekta--Proud-Indiamisti73

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 9:22am | IP Logged

Thanks Angie for your analysis. Enjoyed reading it. Sorry for responding late. Thanks for the praise but I am nowhere near to being brilliant physicist. I just love the subject and that's why become happy when I hear anything related to physics in these hindi shows.  On Friday I also realized that Mahadev is Mr. Physics, which to me is pretty cool.  

I also liked the episodes because like you I had begun to lose interest the week before. The only character who is irritating me is Ravan. I have nothing against the actor. It's the characterization that is irritating me. Ravan did have an ego and he was also evil but he was much more than just being an egoist and evil character. He was also a great scholar. I wish that they explore the other facets of his character. This might give the character more depth and make the scenes more interesting. I also had an issue with how they were projecting Lakshman and were keeping him in the background. But now they have rectified that part and so it is ok with me. I really like the way they are projecting Sita. In one of your posts you have rightly described her to be a spunky yet gentle and strong character. I am liking how they are showing the layers in Ram..his internal conflicts when Sita and his duties are concerned.  That's the reason why I liked the Ram-Mahadev scene that they showed on Friday and I am taking it as his inner being (Mahadev) coming to solve his conflict. Usually our sub-conscious self is our best guide. It's another thing that due to our wishes, ambitions, emotions we tend to overlook it. I also think that Ram and Sita's scenes and Sita's reactions to Ram and her eagerness is also playing a big part regarding me liking how they are projecting Ram in this show. Wink As for the actor playing Ram, I did not mind Piyush. I did find him a bit stiff in the beginning but I put that down to him taking time getting into the skin of the character. Playing a mythological role is not easy and that to one which is revered and worshipped by many people. But now I think he has relaxed and has started getting into the character. Rubina has been very good from the beginning. She has played a character that is very similar to Sita in one of her early shows and she also brilliantly enacted the role of Kanha in another show. So her being good was something that I have been expecting and as we both know she will come into her forte when the separation phase begins plus her interactions as Sita with Ravan starts. I also like the actor enacting the role of Lakshman (sorry I don't know his name). His eyes have a spark and when he shows anger his eyes start throwing daggers. Urmila is very cute. I also like the actors enacting the roles of Vishwamitra and Raja Janak.  I have nothing to say regarding Mohit as Mahadev other than that he is Mahadev. I have grown up watching Chopra's Mahabharat and to me Nitish Bharadwaj is Krishna. In the same way, Mohit Raina is Mahadev to me.  I hope he also enacts the role of Hanuman. Pooja as Parvati has also picked up and I like her calm demeanor.

Since I have already written about what was shown on the two days in the regular update thread, that's why I am not repeating them again. All I will say again that I am mighty glad that Sita managed to put the garland around Ram's neck because I could feel her urgency and was getting worried seeing her going through an emotional roller coaster ride.

Edited by misti73 - 18 August 2013 at 9:24am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Angie12kaatayani

shivamala IF-Dazzler
shivamala
shivamala

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 3:20pm | IP Logged
Angie thanks for your thoughts, very well written. I was looking for you write up.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Angie12

Angie12 IF-Rockerz
Angie12
Angie12

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 4:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kaatayani

Originally posted by Angie12

I always felt tht Raam was always over thoughful and lacked dynamism.. { MY POV }
I understand your POV.  I have always liked Lakshman more because he is reactive like me.  So I understand Lakshman's style more than Ram's style.  But I think a good leader needs to be cool headed and should weigh pros/cons.  So Ram here was doing the same thing even though breaking that dhanush was making his wish of having Sita as a wife coming true.  

@ blue... when I compare Raam's dynamism I do that with his other avtaar Krishna in the cuming yug...  Krishna a thorough karmyogi.. he thinks.. but does not overthinks

so for me some of the actions of Raam can be termed very controversial due his very nature of including maryaada in every thng... not that he shud not do so... but over doing of sum acts stagnates your personality 

more over while looking at the Pinaak.. Ram was more concious of the fact tht his aaradhya might not get offended...!  So Mahadev cuming in in tht smoky atmosphere was the voice of Raam's conscience tht always told him to do Karm and not become a Karta... so according to me Mahadev's arguments to Raam were in the nature of practical assertions of Raam's mind and heart

Kaatyaani,  I agree with what you have written of the differences between Vishnu's avtaar of Ram and Krishna.  Ram as a king was too conscious of making sure that his subjects were happy.  But in the process, he ended up doing a lot of injustice to Sita and to himself as well.  Krishna broke society's rule and as you said, he was karamyogi.  That's why I like Krishna who did what was right even if in the process he was vilified by many during his era.  

Misti and you have written of Mahadev as the voice of Ram's conscience and I really like this interpretation and I too see it that way rather than Mahadev giving directions to Ram.  That's why I want to see how they show Ram's inner battle about his decision to send Sita away.  

kaatayani

Angie12 IF-Rockerz
Angie12
Angie12

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 4:49am | IP Logged
Misti,  no problem with you responding late.  I know you are quite busy.  I too like whenever they show references to subjects I am interested in.  I have always liked how they have shown Mahadev from the beginning.  Mahadev is Mr. Physics and other things too.  I have always thought of him as this brilliant surgeon who specializes in head transplantations.  

I agree with all you have written about various actors/characters. I agree that Rubina did get into Sita character right away and as she excels in emotional scenes, she would be great in separation scenes.  The actor playing Lakshman is also very good and as you mentioned, his eyes shows his anger etc.  Also I am liking Puja as Parvati.  I started seeing Mahadev when Puja had already been Parvati for a while and had time to get into a character.  So I liked her portrayal of Parvati almost  from the very beginning.  Also she is very beautiful with a softness on her face that I associate with Parvati.

I like the characterizations of everyone from Sita, Ram, Urmila, etc.  Raavan is the one with whom I am having problems, when they had portrayed him differently before.  I wonder if it is for unnecessary melodrama to get ratings?  

I am not a fan of Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan, but his Raavan was much better than this current Raavan.  Besides ego, petulance, false pride, Raavan was also a scholar.  Instead he is being shown here as a cartoonish villain.  Hopefully, they will write him more complex because his role would be prominent in the latter part of Ramayan.  

And I agree that I have always thought of Krishna as Nitish Bhardwaj and now Mahadev is Mohit.  Just as Mohit has played Mahadev to perfect, Nitish did the same with Krishna.   

Edited by Angie12 - 19 August 2013 at 4:53am

kaatayani

Angie12 IF-Rockerz
Angie12
Angie12

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 4:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shivamala

Angie thanks for your thoughts, very well written. I was looking for you write up.

Shivmala, thanks.  I was losing interest in writing about the show a week ago, but now I am liking the show, so it is easier to write my thoughts.
kaatayani IF-Rockerz
kaatayani
kaatayani

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 5:42am | IP Logged
cud not quote up ur reply...

but yes... when the Ramayan track began... from then the only thing I am interested to watch is that how Sita's Agnipariksha and her subsequent abandonment are to to be shown here...??

since Mahadev Himself is the epitome of justice, and is every way a perfect man and the perfect hubby... so what will be His reaction to Raam's acts and how  He will guide Raam in this course...

I would love a debate b/w Raam and Mahadev.. i.e. a when an individual is in two minds.. that kind of a situation...

Go to top