Aug 15-16 Episodes - Some Thoughts

Posted: 10 years ago
Since many have already written comments in the "WU" sections about last two days of episodes, there are only few additional comments I can make.  So not going to repeat anything about Mahadev educating Indra on "Energy" law as Misti and Surya already talked about it.  Also Misti is the brilliant physicist. So I cannot compete with her on anything related to Physics.

I liked this week's episodes when last week I had started to lose interest.  But suddenly there was a big improvement in execution and so except for Raavan talking non-sense, I liked all other parts.  Also I liked Sita, Ram, Lakshman,  Urmila, Vishwamitra, Mahadev/Parvati.  I was neutral about Janak and Sunaina this week though I like them both.  So here it goes.

1.  My sympathy was all for Sita in these episodes.  First Janak gave permission to try the bow test.  At that time, only Parvati and Urmila were thinking of her.  Mahadev was interested in breaking Raavan's ahankaar (ego) and all the duty stuff that only Mahadev specializes in.  Well Ram is another one who is all into duty and responsibilities.  So coming back to Sita,  first it was Janak, then Raavan with his bragging wasted all the time, then it was Janak again giving the entire lecture before deciding that he should give Ram a chance.  Just when Sita heaved a sigh of relief, Sunaina came in and she was interested in sparing Ram's humiliation.  After that entire discussion, finally Vishwamitra asked Ram to go ahead only for Ram to hesitate as he didn 't want to insult Shiv's dhanush.    Thankfully, after Sita decided to share 50% of Ram's burden in lifting the dhanush and sent a prayer to Mahadev, then he showed up to give Ram some valuable advise.  But...

Then he told Ram that Ram needed to break dhanush because the main objective was to break everyone's false pride...But Ram's main objective was to marry Sita.  Who cares if egos of others are hurt or not.  Anyway finally Mahadev did add saving Sita's honor and it clicked with Ram who finally decided to pick up that dhanush.  Along with Sita, I too was relieved because I really wanted to see the garland ceremony before the weekend.

2.  Raavan finally shut up and his expression at Ram lifting the dhanush was satisfying.  I was wondering if he was going to stay for the ceremony too even though he was uninvited.  Not that uninvited part matters because even Shiv's family is going to gatecrash this wedding.  But still Mahadev is Janak's family God.  So they are allowed to come uninvited.  Anyway,  just when I was thinking that Raavan will be a witness to Ram/Sita wedding, he thankfully left.

3.  Well, one uninvited guest left and the other one came in.  Yes, I am talking about Parshuram who was another wedding crasher.  Thankfully, Lakshman the Shesnaag have woken up from his sleep and is in full form to have an arguing session with Parshuram.  Really what is his business with dhanush when he has already gifted it to Janak.  Parshuram is one Narayan avatar who had no sense of humor.  Usually, Vishnu avatars were always fun avatar except for Parshuram. 

4.  Katyaani got the scene she wanted with a conversation between Ram and Mahadev.  I like her and Misti's explanation of Mahadev being the inner guide of Ram (or his inner voice).  But I can understand why Mahadev wanted to come in person.  He used telepathy to guide Vishwamitra, but he wanted to see live action up close.  So decided to leave Parvati at Kailash and came in person to guide Ram.  Well, I can't blame him.  It has been a while since he has fought with any demon.  So he is getting vicarious pleasure through Ram doing all these exciting things.  I think he will be again come to earth to watch Ram and Raavan fight too. 

5.  Yesterday, Lakshman was the star and today it was Ram.  I guess it will be Lakshman again on Monday.  Of course Mahadev is always the hero.  But for me it is Sita who was holding my interest with her expressions.  Liked her expressions of relief when finally Ram was allowed to lift the bow and then her happiness at him breaking the dhanush. 

6.  Did like Indra shaking up in the dhanush breakup aftermath.  It is always fun to watch Indra sweating over one thing or another.  So he landed up at Kailash and got an educational lecture from Mahadev. 

Finally, I liked how they showed this swayamvar in outdoor rather than indoor it is always shown with all kings sitting close to each other.  Here this gave a better feeling of it being a contest and even kings were seated at a distance from each other.  So I liked the execution of swayamvar. 

Edited by Angie12 - 10 years ago
Good musings. But um... Topic Typo, it is Aug 15-16, not 16-17.

1. Totally. Mahadev also goes over-Vairagee sometimes, always thinking about rules and breaking ahankaar. ANd since he has brainwashed Rama alsoπŸ˜› (You know, with appearing frequently and propogating his Vairagya theory), Rama also is only thinking about rules and how bad Shiva will feel if his Dhanush is broken. Ah but in the end he finally broke it. All well that ends well I guess...

2. Yes I was glad that finally Ravan was just standing chup-chap in one corner and opening his eyes widely enough for them to pop out. But I would have vliked him to stay till the bow was broken. Then he would be like, "Mahadev ke DHanush ko main Nahi Utha Paaya, Aur yeh Baccha ne usko TOD diya?? Asambhav!!!"πŸ˜† That would have been a real treat.

3. Parashuram is stupid sometimes. (I can say that, Narayana is not going to mind. In fact, he will accept that fact.) Period.

4. Mahadev as the inner guide... nice.
Mahadev wanting to participate in Ram Ravan war... πŸ€’ It would be one bhakt against another. He can't take sides. Anyway he is Hanuman...

6. (5 has no comments) Hehe. Indra shaking like some other asura is going to kick him out and he is so scared. But in the end he got a crash course in Law of Conservation of Energy. Actually why did Mahadev say that in the first place?

YOu know, I think Janak's sabha is the same as Daksha's palace, without the walls. (The wals were graphics anyway (I think.)
@ point 4.. 

even I was surprised tht the scene was shown just the way i described...   (it's one those rare occasions where u feel tht kuch aur bhi maanga hota  to mil jata...  πŸ˜†)
any ways...

Raavan's condition was xtremly hilarious.. i got a sadistic pleasure wen Janak was making sarcastic comments on him... and of course the utter disbelief wen the KID lifted the bow...🀣

what irked me was Raam's all the tym thinking of Maryaada...πŸ˜•

so i did a thumbs up to Mahadev wen he asked Raam tht abt wat maryaada is he talking off... just do the damm task and prove urself to be a purushottam...

I always felt tht Raam was always over thoughful and lacked dynamism.. { MY POV }

Edited by kaatayani - 10 years ago
Angie thx for thoughts...
The whole sequence is beautifully picturised...
Raavan finally put tape on mouth...
Sita s expressions are mind blowing...
Ram and mahadev s intreaction really nice...
Waiting for next...
Just want to kmow...why rishi s have soo much gussa????
I heard of durvasa rishi...shrap to unki jeeva pe hota tha...
God s name eliminates all the deficencies..kaam,kraudh,lob, moh
..then why they are so short tempered...
Good points, Angie..Feel the same about this week, it brought back my interest...
The best part for me was Sita willing to give her power and support to Ram for him to succeed, that shows she is already seeing him as her husband, two bodies one soul, who together can do anything if they have eachothers support...just like any other normal married couple, loved this part πŸ˜ƒ

Mahadev being Rams inner voice, liked that..felt like watching a teens movie where the lead is playing some sport and he is thinking about all the pros and cons before taking the last shot and after he succeeds, the girl lead, who was cheering by the side, comes to him all smiling,. hugging him with her pom poms around his neck, well here sita came with a garland πŸ˜†
In these teen sport movies there is also a evil mascot, well, thats Ravan...
About face exoressions, well Ruby is brilliant, its a delight to watch her..but Piyush was good too 😊
Originally posted by Surya_krsnbhakt

Good musings. But um... Topic Typo, it is Aug 15-16, not 16-17.

Surya, thanks for letting me know.  I was having a slight short term memory loss yesterday while writing my comments.  I

1. Totally. Mahadev also goes over-Vairagee sometimes, always thinking about rules and breaking ahankaar. ANd since he has brainwashed Rama alsoπŸ˜› (You know, with appearing frequently and propogating his Vairagya theory), Rama also is only thinking about rules and how bad Shiva will feel if his Dhanush is broken. Ah but in the end he finally broke it. All well that ends well I guess...
I was telling the same thing (underlined stuff) to Sita, the one who had to bear the maximum tension.  Mahadev does have a tendency to overdo duty stuff.  He did that with both Sati and Parvati when he was rejecting them.  He has definitely influenced Ram who already is too duty conscious. Remember last week, he was approving Ram's talks of duty and all while Parvati was totally sympathetic towards Sita.  

2. Yes I was glad that finally Ravan was just standing chup-chap in one corner and opening his eyes widely enough for them to pop out. But I would have vliked him to stay till the bow was broken. Then he would be like, "Mahadev ke DHanush ko main Nahi Utha Paaya, Aur yeh Baccha ne usko TOD diya?? Asambhav!!!"πŸ˜† That would have been a real treat.
πŸ˜†Yesterday, I didn't mind Raavan who was hanging out there but with a stunned look.  I wouldn't have minded if he had stayed till the bow was broken.  But I didn't want him there for any of marriage related ceremonies.  Wonder if he figured out while in his plane Puspak that all that thunder etc. was because of this dhanush breaking.  In fact, it would have good if his plane had crashed because of all that energy release in the Universe.  I wonder if Mandodari would rub his failing at swayamvar in his face.

3. Parashuram is stupid sometimes. (I can say that, Narayana is not going to mind. In fact, he will accept that fact.) Period.
Well, I don't have much of problem with Parashuram's barging in the wedding as Lakshman really was great in his interactions with him.  My pet peeve with Parashuram is how he treated Karan - one of his most considerate and best student.  But I can accept that Parashuram was eccentric avataar.  After all, he too was a devotee of Shiv.  And you can not accept normal behavior from any known devotee of Mahadev.  Look at the assortment of devotees Mahadev has collected over various eras - Raavan, Tarkasur, Bhasmasur, Shukracharaya to name a few. 

4. Mahadev as the inner guide... nice.
Mahadev wanting to participate in Ram Ravan war... πŸ€’ It would be one bhakt against another. He can't take sides. Anyway he is Hanuman...
Is Raavan still Mahadev's devotee considering that he has decided to become his ex-devotee because Mahadev was not giving him enough attention.  But I guess Mahadev will not actively side with Ram even if Raavan is ex-devotee.  And as you said, Hanuman is there.  

6. (5 has no comments) Hehe. Indra shaking like some other asura is going to kick him out and he is so scared. But in the end he got a crash course in Law of Conservation of Energy. Actually why did Mahadev say that in the first place?  Surya,  Indra is always shaking for no reason.  He got shaken when Vishwamitra was doing his puja.  Then he sent Menaka as a distraction.  In one way it was good because Kuru dynasty got Bharat as their ancestor.

YOu know, I think Janak's sabha is the same as Daksha's palace, without the walls. (The wals were graphics anyway (I think.)

I was wondering if this is the same.  But didn't Daksha palace had a waterfall.  Later on, Himavan's palace had the same waterfall.  So that waterfall is missing. But it looked like the same sabha.
Originally posted by kaatayani

@ point 4.. 

even I was surprised tht the scene was shown just the way i described...   (it's one those rare occasions where u feel tht kuch aur bhi maanga hota  to mil jata...  πŸ˜†)
any ways...
πŸ˜† Kaatayani, I was thinking of you when I saw that scene.  Rarely, CVs fulfill our wishes.  Usually, you get exactly opposite of what you want to see in a scene.  I also liked that interaction between Mahadev and Ram.

Raavan's condition was xtremly hilarious.. i got a sadistic pleasure wen Janak was making sarcastic comments on him... and of course the utter disbelief wen the KID lifted the bow...🀣
For the first time since Raavan decided to come to Swayamvar, I didn't mind him because his stunned expressions and Janak's gloating was hilarious.
what irked me was Raam's all the tym thinking of Maryaada...πŸ˜•
Well, Ram is the hero and he and Mahadev are made from the same mould.  So of course, they will hesitate in accepting the good thing that had just come their way.  

so i did a thumbs up to Mahadev wen he asked Raam tht abt wat maryaada is he talking off... just do the damm task and prove urself to be a purushottam...
Mahadev actually was giving him reasons on why he should lift the dhanush.  And Sita was the last item on Mahadev's list.  That finally did the trick for Ram.  Ram had already started looking happy when Vishwamitra told him to go lift the bow.  It was breaking of Mahadev's dhanush that gave him a pause.

I always felt tht Raam was always over thoughful and lacked dynamism.. { MY POV }
I understand your POV.  I have always liked Lakshman more because he is reactive like me.  So I understand Lakshman's style more than Ram's style.  But I think a good leader needs to be cool headed and should weigh pros/cons.  So Ram here was doing the same thing even though breaking that dhanush was making his wish of having Sita as a wife coming true.  

Originally posted by Soniaman

Angie thx for thoughts...
The whole sequence is beautifully picturised...
Raavan finally put tape on mouth...
Sita s expressions are mind blowing...
Ram and mahadev s intreaction really nice...
Waiting for next...
Just want to kmow...why rishi s have soo much gussa????
I heard of durvasa rishi...shrap to unki jeeva pe hota tha...
God s name eliminates all the deficencies..kaam,kraudh,lob, moh
..then why they are so short tempered...
Sonia, thanks.  I too liked the execution this week.  And it was good to see chastised Raavan even if for a brief time.  Sita's expressions were great and they fit all the stuff that was going around her.  I too liked Mahadev/Ram interaction.

Well, not all Rishi had all this anger.  Also I have read that when they would curse somebody, they would lose a portion of the power and had to undertake more tapasya to make up for that.  So I always think that Durvasa must always be busy with tapasya and cursing the way he used to curse everyone so frequently.  A good rishi should be close to eliminating all the deficiencies, but maybe power goes to their head too.
Originally posted by Myra.nelly

Good points, Angie..Feel the same about this week, it brought back my interest...
The best part for me was Sita willing to give her power and support to Ram for him to succeed, that shows she is already seeing him as her husband, two bodies one soul, who together can do anything if they have eachothers support...just like any other normal married couple, loved this part πŸ˜ƒ
Myra, thanks.  There was a huge difference in this week's episodes compared to last.  A lot of things improved.  I too liked that part of Sita willing to give her power/support to Ram.  Sita fell for Ram right away and she knows what she wanted. I am really liking this portrayal of  this spunky, open Sita who is gentle, yet strong.  I wouldn't have watched this Ramayan if I hadn't liked Sita's portrayal.

Mahadev being Rams inner voice, liked that..felt like watching a teens movie where the lead is playing some sport and he is thinking about all the pros and cons before taking the last shot and after he succeeds, the girl lead, who was cheering by the side, comes to him all smiling,. hugging him with her pom poms around his neck, well here sita came with a garland πŸ˜†
In these teen sport movies there is also a evil mascot, well, thats Ravan...
πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  Myra, you have made Ram the sports jock, Sita the cheer leader.  But Raavan the mascot??  Granted you called him evil, but usually mascots at games are loveable ones whom you want to hug.  But I guess you can't have everything goody goody.  So evil mascot works for me.  
About face expressions, well Ruby is brilliant, its a delight to watch her..but Piyush was good too 😊
Ruby was great in her expressions.  I have to admit that until last week I was skeptical of Piyush even though he acts well.  Somehow, I couldn't picture him as Ram and felt that his chemistry with Ruby's Sita was not great.  I had wanted Saurabh (not the one you like but the one who used to play Vishnu in this show) as Ram and had thought that his chemistry with Rubina's Sita would have been awesome.  But this week I started liking Piyush as Ram.  I don't know if it was body language or expressions or what, but suddenly I am liking him as Ram now.  And yes, he did well.
Originally posted by Angie12

@ blue... when I compare Raam's dynamism I do that with his other avtaar Krishna in the cuming yug...  Krishna a thorough karmyogi.. he thinks.. but does not overthinks

so for me some of the actions of Raam can be termed very controversial due his very nature of including maryaada in every thng... not that he shud not do so... but over doing of sum acts stagnates your personality 

more over while looking at the Pinaak.. Ram was more concious of the fact tht his aaradhya might not get offended...!  So Mahadev cuming in in tht smoky atmosphere was the voice of Raam's conscience tht always told him to do Karm and not become a Karta... so according to me Mahadev's arguments to Raam were in the nature of practical assertions of Raam's mind and heart