Article:Fans Slam IPKKND Ek Baar Phir 17/8

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago

Fans Slam Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon...Ek Baar Phir

Edited By Team Planet Sanaya on Saturday, 17 August 2013 | 12:03 am

Barun Sobti and Sanaya Irani's crackling chemistry made Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon immensely popular. But after Barun quit the show, the channel had to end it as the fans only wanted to see Barun in the lead. Now, news is that the show will be back on the tube with a brand new season, cast and story. This second edition, called Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon — Ek Baar Phir plans on recreating the magic of the original show and bring to fans, a riveting love story. However, this move hasn't gone down too well with the fans of the original show. They have taken to social networking websites, protesting against the title being, cashed in on, (read tweets below).

A source says, "The working title of the show was Astha earlier, and the story was that of a romantic comedy like IPKKND. Perhaps with requests from a few fans and reports of the IPKKND season 2 being in the pipeline, prompted the channel to change the name."  The new show will star Shrenu Parikh and Avinash Sachdev.

In a statement made by the channel, Barun said, "IPKKND was one show that was loved by one and all, I was lucky to be a part of it. I have always believed that its story was its strength. It'll be interesting to see the second season. I hope it does well. I wish all the luck to the channel and the production house."

@aakanksha_joshi: they want 2 cash in on the brand name IPKKND but this is not tolerated by fans! (sic)
@Mahezabeen: Bakwaas Idea! #IPKKND is NOT #IPKKND without the original cast! #EpicFail(sic)
@Aquagal001: IPKKND is not IPKKND without Arnav-Khushi & without Barun-Sanaya. New pairs shall create their chemistry in a new show than doing it on the name of IPKKND. It hurts the feelings of fans. (sic) 
@Vixen_Cat: I would be interested HAD SaRun been in it. NOT if the cast has changed & title is being cashed in on. (sic)
@pari_tweets: Change the name of the show, we loved ipkknd for barun & sanaya, No SARUN No IPKKND! didn't we prove it b4. we have fought for our show once and will do it again! hope u saw the dislikes (read HATES) the promo got on You tube and still counting!

The article was originally published on The Hindustan Times on August 16th, 2013
SP is doing all this for publicity 😡
All matters to them is only money & profit that's it they aren't even bothered for our feelings 😡
SP didnt learn from mistake! Just for money they can stoop this low! Im scared for rabbave.. Cant see other than arshi romancing in OUR rabbave 😭

They already chori our set.. 😕 but this been done in every serial so no often! Seem they hv start shooting on january so it might be coincident but y d hell sp change d title. Money money money 😡 Edited by ..Sugar_ArHi.. - 10 years ago
SP is asking for it. This channel has lost its respect with this cheap stunt.
Thanks Endless smile for posting the article!!!!

I hope SP will now change the title of their new show after facing Fan's anger and wrath!!!!!