Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tys1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: -sanika-

THe problem is the affordability of solar panels I guess. I was trying to get my dad to install some in our home. But we found it hard o find a provider.

Here is the article I was telling you about :

New process converts algae to crude oil in less than an hour

Also I will add this another interesting idea that some people are working on :

Photosynthesis bike purifies the air as you ride

It would be awesome if they can incorporate this into cars and other heavier vehicles.

Yeah the prices for solar panels are a bit steep but they don't need much maintainance. Maybe some new technological innovation might even make it cheap, as compared to the non-renewable sources we use now. Yet the energy sector is made up of financial giants that will find some way to increase profits in case solar or other renewable sources of energy become affordable and popular. To actually be able to manipulate the way the world works, one would need Lelouch's brain😆

Thanks for the links, those are some really interesting articles👍🏼. The algae to crude oil one is a good idea but that's only as long as we don't overdo it. The byproducts produced by burning these crude oils will need more of those Photosynthesis bikes, so it's funny how those articles link up😆. You're right, it would be awesome if they could incorporate it into cars or other vehicles that produce these GHGs in the first place. Maybe in time they will. 😊
tys1994 thumbnail

Hello People,

I have a suggestion!
Why don't we use MyAnimeList to keep track of our list of animes instead of writing them again and again when a new member joins ?

Great idea!!👍🏼 This would really save us a lot of time. 😊
tys1994 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nawsin

I was just about to ask whether you caught a cold. 😆 it sounds awesome too. I think I am a little jealous. 😳 last time I went out on a mountain, it was pouring and I had to stay inside the cottage only. Though that was also a beautiful scenery but still my star gazing went downhill.
Argh! I miss Animax. 

LOL, yes I did end up catching a cold. Normally I don't want to get out of the bed during the winter, but the weather is mostly unpredictible on the mountains during any other time. A rainy day on the mountain leaves a sight to see the next morning. In the winters it's just dry and barren.

I miss Animax as well, but I'm geeting kinda used to the internet now. After watching anime with Japanese dub-English sub, it felt weird listening to the english dub, even on Animax😆.
-sanika- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I saw the first episode of Baccano while waiting for my sonication to finish
Seems Interesting
I might give it a go 
I will be watching anime after a looong time 😆
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
you know right now m so into the Harem's..specially the Reverse Harem's..😳
tys1994 thumbnail

I saw the first episode of Baccano while waiting for my sonication to finish

Seems Interesting
I might give it a go 
I will be watching anime after a looong time 😆

If you don't mind me asking, what do you use sonication for in your field(the name slipped my mind again). I've only performed ultrasonic cleaning experiments at my college using the cavitation effect. I imagine it would disrupt structures as small as cells. I don't know, I was just curious I guess😛
tys1994 thumbnail
If any of you guys are Japanese horror folk lore fans, you should definitely check this out:

I'm pretty sure you've already heard of the site if you love good horror stories, but I just found it about a month ago. Do try it, it's really interesting👍🏼
-sanika- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: tys1994

If you don't mind me asking, what do you use sonication for in your field(the name slipped my mind again). I've only performed ultrasonic cleaning experiments at my college using the cavitation effect. I imagine it would disrupt structures as small as cells. I don't know, I was just curious I guess😛

It is a technique to use sound frequencies to disrupt cells (without altering the components at a molecular  level). In my case brain tissue samples.
tys1994 thumbnail

I don't know whether any of you are familiar with the AMV Hell series but they are hilarious😆[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V0BP9HxSmE[/YOUTUBE]

Credit to the uploader.
Edited by tys1994 - 10 years ago
risingsea101 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Has anyone here seen Golden Time?