Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nawsin thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: tys1994

So I finally started reading Skip Beat since Sanika had recommended it to me. I'd kept the whole series on download on my mobile app and totally forgot about it due to the exams. Since I was completely devoid of any Wifi connection for the last couple of days, I started browsing my phone and found this manga. Turns out I had downloaded about 200 chapters of this manga. I'd started reading the manga sceptically because I really didn't think that I'd like it at all due to the Shoujo title. But I've never been so wrong. I don't know why but I found myself laughing a lot because of this manga. Even when I wasn't reading it I'd remember some bit and laugh hysterically. It would creep out anyone around me thoughπŸ˜†. I really love those evil aura scenes in this manga. When the inner demons get out and actually influence the real world, it just gets more hilarious.🀣 I may be wrong but from the chapters I've read so far (72 I think), Ren seems to be a TsundereπŸ˜•. Even the scenes where Kyouko tries to sabotage Shoutaro's image on TV got me laughing a lot. Being a guy, I first felt a bit weird enjoying Shoujo manga. But I'm definitely not stopping now. It's like Kyouko';s demons are pulling me in and I can't fight against themπŸ˜† Thanks a lot πŸ˜ƒ@ -sanika-

Welcome to the gang, boy! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ Skip Beat in its initial days...it was simply explosive. Kyoko and her demons, her confrontation with Shou and Ren, she and her Moko-san, Love Me section... hahaha. Brilliant comedy it was. πŸ˜†
There are some awesome shoujo mangas. don't let the titles or genre tag deceive you. you'll find some gems in those. Even though these are tagged as shoujo, boys do read these and of course they like it. Just like girls read and watch Shounen. I still don't understand how they classify these mangas into shoujo and shounen. Sometimes I find some differences in the drawing and maybe little more fight scenes but that is all.  What is interesting, is interesting... whether that is shoujo or shounen. Just recently I got to know Midori no Hibi is shounen... like seriously? how? πŸ˜† So just take up whatever you find interesting for your taste. don't look at the genre tag. 😳
By the way, after you are done with Skip Beat, start Ouran High School Host Club if possible. I would recommend you to watch its anime first and then read the manga from the start again. You might not find the anime good enough if it's the other way around.
Edited by Nawsin - 10 years ago
Nawsin thumbnail

Originally posted by: -sanika-

I got that
This manga seemed to be a bit heavy.
It needs proper mood to appreciate
It is definitely in my list
And once I do watch , you my darling will be the first to know !
I promise !
xoxo

PS: I missed this chit chat as well
I think the first thread we used to essentially write essays to each other πŸ˜†

How I miss our essay writing. πŸ˜†
πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ I am just glad to get your words on watching BGI. I just hope you won't kill me while watching it. 😈
yeah, I guess proper mood is needed for it. I watched it when I was fed up with everything happening around me and in my life. Transition phase it was probably. πŸ˜†
Nawsin thumbnail

In my list
I am on a K drama binge !
When I switch to anime I will pick this up :)

saw that in KDK thread. πŸ˜ƒ how long are you taking to finish one? back to back 2 dramas review in 2 days! 😲 keep it up. just recommended one there too. πŸ˜†
Nawsin thumbnail

Beautiful ! I like such slice of life type dialogues 😳

you like such types, yet you haven't watched Honey and Clover? 😲 That one's like the boss of such slice of life scenes and dialogues.
-sanika- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: vibhashekhar

hi friends!!!
can you suggest a site where I can download free anime videos compatible for mobile...

If you have a smartphone , U can download apps to watch anime on ur phone or download them
Simply go to google play and search in the marketplace
I use Sanime , ecomic, and Animex
-sanika- thumbnail

Originally posted by: tys1994

Oh yes, it is quite unique because of Kyoko's craziness.

Hmm, maybe I'll read the whole manga before coming to that thread thenπŸ˜†. LOL, Kyoko's reaction to Ren's smile is hilarious. The more gentle and bright it is, the more angry she thinks he is.

I've already seen quite a few Korean DramasπŸ˜›. Though not the typical romantic ones, I've seen City Hunter, Ghost/Phantom, A Gentleman's Dignity, Heartless City. I think Romi suggested these to me. As for Japanese dramas, I've seen Bloody Monday which you had suggested quite a while ago.😊

Kyoko is adooorable. I wish Indian films and drama had as much variety in stories as the Japanese and Koreans so . All the characters here are sooo flat !

Oh ya !
I forgot
I don't see you much on the Kdrama thread
That is why it slipped my mine
I have put up some new ones I have watched
U might like the last one , I hear your Voice
Edited by -sanika- - 10 years ago
tys1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nawsin

Hey tys! How was the hiking?
That AMV totally cracked me up. πŸ˜†

The hiking was awesome. A word of advice to anyone who wants to hike- Don't ever go out on the mountains in the winter. Going by the regional temperatures, we just brought adequate clothing that would get us through the night. But the temperatures dropped to -2 * C at the peak during the night. It was really cold but if we couldn't stay inside the tent all night. We observed the LMC(Large Magellanic Cloud), The Andromeda Galaxy, The Crab Nebula and 7 of the Zodiac star formations. It was wonderful and for the 3 days we were there, the local broadcasting service had AnimaxπŸ˜ƒ. I think i watched Beelzebub, FairyTail and Naruto Shippuden.
Edited by tys1994 - 10 years ago
tys1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Kyoko is adooorable. I wish Indian films and drama had as much variety in stories as the Japanese and Koreans so . All the characters here are sooo flat !

Oh ya !
I forgot
I don't see you much on the Kdrama thread
That is why it slipped my mine
I have put up some new ones I have watched
U might like the last one , I hear your Voice

I don't watch any Indian dramas so I don't know much about them. But lots of people I know watch them so they definitely might not have seen any Korean/ Japanese/ Taiwanese dramas.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try them outπŸ‘πŸΌ
_SenbonZakura_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Hello there peeps! What's going on? 
-sanika- thumbnail

Originally posted by: _SenbonZakura_

Hello there peeps! What's going on? 

Nothing much from my end
i am watch A Gentleman's Dignity as Romi suggested. 
What are you doing ?