Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: Bamonforever

Thank you for adding me Nici. ðŸ˜³

Your Welcome, I Want To Get To The Second Thead Hopefully Soon.
SilverBell thumbnail
News About The Stars:

The tale of Mahadev ke Ram unfolds on Devon ke Dev... Mahadev

Piyush Sahdev to play Maryada Purhsottam as Mihir Mishra essays Raja Dashrath

Ram Upgrade
Find The Right Memory Using Our Advisor Tool. Order Today Free S&H
crucial.com
See Our New 2013 Collection! Easy to Design and Customize.
Wednesday, July 24, 2013 | 6:44:44 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   10 Comments  |  6781 Views

Devon ke Dev... Mahadev, a show that has crossed all realms of success and adoration, now sets upon a new tale Mahadev ke Ram. Piyush Sahdev will be seen portraying the role of Lord Ram, along with Mihir Mishraas Lord Dashrath. Kunal Verma will be playing Lakshman and renowned actors likeAnushka Singh, Manasi Vyas and Gouri Harneet Kaur will be seen essaying the roles of Sumitra, Kaikai and Kaushalya - wives of Dashrath. The show now showcases the story of the ultimate victory of good over evil through the eyes of Lord Shiva, as he paves the way for Ram to reach his goal.

Piyush said, "I am very happy to be a part of Devon ke Dev... Mahadev. From my previous roles of playing a villain to the role of cop, I have covered quite a variety, but mythological shows are something I always wanted to do. I am a devotee of Lord Krishna and I was always fascinated to play Ram or Krishna on TV. I am glad that I will be finally doing it."

As the story goes, Vishnu takes a human form in Ram in order to bring balance to the world. As a grown up Ram encounters Mahadev after making a shiv linga, he is informed that his first task is at hand. With blessings and insight from Mahadev, his mentor, Ram heads towards the jungle for this first battle. A war between Tadka and Ram is underway. It the battle that will mark him as 'Maryada Purshottam'.

SilverBell thumbnail

Rubina Dilaik

It was third time lucky for the makers of Mahadev who had earlier offered the role of Parvati and Vrinda to Rubina who finally said ok to playing Sita!

Hair Loss Center
Hair Loss Experts for Real Results Schedule Your Free Consultation.
www.HRC4Hair.com
The Official China Beach DVD Set. Complete Series - 1st Time on DVD!
Monday, July 29, 2013 | 6:43:38 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   124 Comments  |  22155 Views

Telly town actress Rubina Dilaik who recently bid an adieu to Zee TV's showPunar Vivaah Ek Nayi Umeed, is all set to be seen in an all new mythological avatar. The talented actress will be essaying the role of divine Sita as part of the Ramayan track, in Life OK's much-loved show Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev...

As we reveal the first look of Sita, in conversation with TellyBuzz, the beautiful actress talks about her first mythological show and more about her character...

The hunt for Sita's role was going on since a long time. How did you bag this role?

I had two reasons to consider the role of Sita. Let's say, after Punar Vivaah, things have fallen into place coincidentally. This is not the first time that I was approached for Mahadev. Even before the show started, I had been offered the role of Parvati but I wasn't sure of it because at that moment I was associated with Chhoti Bahu.  Secondly, when they offered to portray Jalandhar's wife- Vrinda's role, I was out for my US trip. Now, when the offer came for the third time for Sita's role, I gave it a thought and accepted it.

Have you been following the show Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev off late?

I used to follow the show when the plot of the story was revolving around goddess Sati.

What kind of homework did you do to portray Sita?

Since everything got materialized a few days back, I did not have much time in my hands to do any homework. In this situation, to prepare for such a strong role my acting career till date has been my homework. Also, the correct body posture and the fluidity in dialogues develop when you completely get into the character.

There have been repeated portrayals of Ramayan shows on Indian television, so how is this Ramayan going to be different?

Frankly speaking, I was amazed when I heard the entire concept of the forthcoming Ramayan track. We all have the basic knowledge of Ramayan, which has been showcased in many epic shows. Yet, the Ramayan track which is introduced in this show is mainly going to focus on the pre-historical era, wherein Sita was a princess who looked after the people of her kingdom. At this juncture, the three deities Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh are the creator-destroyer and Mahadev is the central figure. And in view of these facts, the story of Ramayan is beautifully connected and woven from Mahadev's point of view. As a result, many unheard chapters of Ramayan will unfold in this show, and the audience will get a crux of Indian mythology.

Recall your first shot at Mahadev?

Well for my first shot, I had to walk gracefully along with a 'Shiv Dhanush'. Needless to say, the whole aura of Sita as a princess, her fragile innocence, a little tenderness, and the care she has for her kingdom and the people was quite pleasant and enjoyable. For me, it is a great honor to play such a strong epic character.

Can you share something about your look and how are you managing the heavy jewellery?

As Ramayan belongs to Satyug, all the characters ought to look similar to that era. For that reason, there is a lot of effort and perfection to be put in while getting ready. It is simply not a typical over dose of costumes; in fact the entire look is moulded in such a manner that it appeals and reaches out to the contemporary folks too.

Did you put in any extra effort to the look and costume?

Ramayan is a costume drama and keeping that in mind, it took us 6 hours to decide on the final look. The creative team has worked very earnestly to set things at the right place. There has been a lot of study and research work done to derive at the correct appearance of the divine character Sita.

Being a mythological show, how are you managing with the language and diction?

This show follows a complete different genre as compared to the Indian daily soaps. Therefore, the language and diction involved here is very different. Memorizing the script and a perfect dialogue delivery is not a cakewalk, as it requires a lot of efforts and concentration. However, before I got into the shoes of this character, I asked the production house to mail me the script prior to the shoot, so that I can get a knack of it. Moreover, I even had an extended telephonic conversation with my Dad, Mr. Gopal Dilaik, who is a language writer, so that I can get the pronunciations, notations and the pauses accurate.  As an actor, it will be my endeavor to get a hold on my body language, performance, the dialogue delivery and diction right. 

How is it working with your new co-stars?

Its just been 2 days that I've started with my shoot. I haven't got a chance to shoot withMohit Raina as yet, but I have shot with Pooja Bose and it was good as she is a phenomenal actress. 

DanmeiLover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: SilverFairy

Yes She Is.

I wish I could see some new off screen photos of them together. 
SilverBell thumbnail
Go To The CB2 Forum BF, AM Sure You Find Some Photos There.
DanmeiLover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Avinash is also doing a new role in Star Plus.
ashna26 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
NIcita love your Piyush siggie!! Nice!!

SilverBell thumbnail
@ Ashna Thank You. My Friend Moon Made It.
You Can Join Piyush's FC If You Like His Acting.
ashna26 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
That si great.

I will join, if you can give me the link!
SilverBell thumbnail
Devon Ke Dev Mahadev' has made my career: Piyush Sahdev 
'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev' has made my career: Piyush Sahdev

Actor Piyush Sahdev who is currently seen in the serial 'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev' as lord Ram is in a happy space. All the struggle he has been through in his life is finally paying off. The actor made a stop-over in the city before heading to Kanpur for a programme on conservation of river Ganga. 

Better late than never Piyush, who was earlier seen in serials like Ghar Ek SapnaMann Kee Awaaz Pratigya and Hum Ne Li Hai...Shapath feels he is not destiny's child. "I am from Delhi and I came to Mumbai for some personal reasons 13 years ago. When I came to Mumbai I found a very different life there, which was altogether new for me . But I had to prove myself, mujhe kuchh kar ke dikhana tha, and I chose the showbiz industry for that. And then, life showed me its true colours. For months I was without work. I tried for TV serials but with no luck. When I didn't get a break in TV, I started doing theatre. I also learntBharatnatyam, Kathak and Salsa. I worked on my physique, because being a Punjabi, I was a bit overweight. I did everything to groom myself to get that perfect image of an actor so that nobody could ignore me. Even today, whatever schedule I have, I never miss my workouts in gym. Specially for the role of Ram, a person has to look good, be in shape. I now feel if anyone else had been in my position, he would have either committed suicide or left the city," he says. 

Experience counts Getting into the role of Ram was easy for Piyush as his family is very religious. Recalling his childhood days, the actor says, "The entire family used to watchRamayana every Sunday together. Aur jab maine hosh sambhala, I remember we used to see the serial on video cassettes, such was the craze for the show. And today when people say agar Arun Govil ke baad koi Ram lagta hai toh woh main hoon, it really feels good. But I think if somebody really looked like Ram on screen, it was Arun Govil. Jis perfection se unhone ne yeh role kiya hai,nobody else can ever do it. People literally started worshiping him like God." 

But Piyush doesn't forget to tell us that he had to forgo his honeymoon to get this role. After finishing the shoot of serial Hum Ne Li Hai...Shapath, I was about to leave for my honeymoon but then I was offered thir role. So, I had to postpone it again. I shot for the promos and then went for my honeymoon to Europe," shares Piyush. 

"Joh dikhta hai woh bikta hai" "Before Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, I had done oother serials too, but this show got me popularity. In fact for my other shows, I have done difficult stunts too. Once for a scene, a crane had to be driven over me.I gave the shot in 20 minutess without any cut. But since those serials were not so popular, my work went unnoticed. I feel the serial Devon Ke Dev Mahadev has made my career," says Piyush.