Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Devon Ke Dev Mahadev Written Update 16th August 2013 (Page 3)

-Reeti- IF-Rockerz
-Reeti-
-Reeti-

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
@mishti
your welcome honey

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

misti73

SilverBell IF-Stunnerz
SilverBell
SilverBell

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
Thanks Riti, This Is My Part Of Ramayan. I Really Love This,and The Marriage Too.Embarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Reeti-

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 4:16pm | IP Logged

Content Removed

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

A-A-Smnx12Surya_krsnbhaktvaraali-Reeti-Angie12kaatayanimisti73

A-A-S Goldie
A-A-S
A-A-S

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 11:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Surya_krsnbhakt

Mahadev's point was really good. The leela of the bow is over when Rama touches it and puts pratyancha on it (what is pratyancha?).

Thanks for the WU, RitiSmile

Surya, "pratyancha" means "bow string", so "dhanush pe pratyancha charhana" means to string the bow/tie up the string on the bow. You would have noticed that the bow string was only tied to the bottom end of the bow, so what Ram had to do was string the bow/tie the string up properly, which he did. Hope that answers your question. Smile

I thought that Mahadev's bow looked really nice - I like how it was made to look like a snake - very appropriate, and nice touch! Clap I've thought it looked really cool ever since we first saw it, when Kartikeya found it in a cave on Kailash. And now its work is over and its gone.

About Hanuman coming emerging out of the mountains when the bow broke, at the same time as all the natural disasters, maybe he came out at that time to see what all the commotion was about. After all, DKMD has shown him as being extremely curious! LOL

Edited by A-A-S - 17 August 2013 at 7:21am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriya-Reeti-

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 1:47am | IP Logged

Content Removed

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

A-A-Skaatayani-Reeti-Angie12

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 2:04am | IP Logged
@Surya...I liked your question regarding Hanuman being a natural disaster.LOL

When I saw that scene I thought that Hanuman might be sleeping in a cave deep inside a mountain and when the mountain splits into two he springs out of the mountain. LOLSomething like when one is in deep sleep and is suddenly woken up.  Later on I realised that it was a blooper.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

A-A-Smnx12-Reeti-Angie12kaatayani

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 2:28am | IP Logged
I haven't watched the episode yet, so going by the written update (thanks, Reeti)-

Sita seems to be the most active participant in the swayamvar. It  looks like, given half a chance, she would have jumped into the arena, grabbed hold of the bow, thrust it into Rama's hands and said  "Look, just break it and let's get done with this" LOL

Technically, no one can gatecrash a swayamwar. It was open to anyone who wanted to witness and anyone (who met the qualifications) to enter in the fray. Here Janaka had publicly proclaimed that whosoever strung / broke the bow was eligible to marry his daughter, the only restriction being the contestant would have to be a kshatriya or brahmin. 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

A-A-S.Vrish.Surya_krsnbhaktkaatayaniAngie12-Reeti-misti73

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 3:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by varaali

Vrish- if you were to ask my husband he would say that an idle man, in many ways, is an ideal man. LOL

BTW, I have never understood this 'kabab - haddi' metaphor. Kabab is anyway a non-veg dish, isn't it? So how does it matter whether there is a bone in it or not?

ANd Vrish- in VR, does Rama return Parashurama's bow to him? 

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree w/ your hubby.  But I doubt that that's why Rama got that title.  Although, as king, his main activity seemed to be storytelling to his courtiers LOL - either listening or narrating.

Kabab is something one is supposed to be able to chew through, w/o having to put one's hand in the mouth again to take out things like bones - sorta like having a sandwich.  But if you find a bone while eating and have to take it out, it spoils the experience.  A vegetarian analogy of that might be like you are eating an idli, and suddenly find a macadamia nut buried in it.  You were expecting to go through something soft, but suddenly find yourself breaking a tooth over it.

No, in VR, Rama takes possession of that bow, and later (maybe during his exile?), gives that bow to either Varuna, or someone else (Vibs once told me who he had given it to, but I've forgotten).  Important to note - he doesn't keep it to use against Ravan, though he well could have.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

A-A-Svaraali

Go to top