Saraswatichandra

Crisp Bytes SC - 16th aug 13 (Page 9)

Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 8:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hotdogg

Originally posted by P020167

Haven't seen the episode yet...but loved your post.

I am on vacation so will reply on your updates whenever I will get a chance.

From your updates, one thing is clear, truth is out and VC family is in reality show now...no more "all about Pramad are rumors"...

30 days...does this mean after a month there is no Pramad :) It will be interseting to see how SaMud wil unite.

..in 30 days there won't even be a show to speak of...

SLB has / is probably  moving out...SP has given an extension till Nov...there is a desperate rush to become more TRP friendly...

however, today saras has made a promise to himself that in 30 days he will make kumud's marriage with pramad work out...

So in line with TRPs...we could also see a Samud become a Pramud...courtesy saras who may become a platonic friend of kumud...and possible godfather to pramud's kids..

No pramaad will die, that is on the cards. 

Everything sweet smelling and rosy - pramaad will be reformed - so Kumud wins, her family was right to let her go back with the sharabi 

Pramud - will not happen - Kumud will remain, "wiasi hi jaisi gayi thi" oh he will die before their suhagrat happens. 

Saras wins his kasam, so he is the hero 

Pramaad dies, so Kumud is free

Widow remarriage - good social message, 

All will bless it 

Kumud again will do it for bapu, swallow her dard and marry Saras 

So she remains the sanskari bahu beti 

And sp will proudly tout the nayee soch 

And we will note that: 

No matter how bad a marriage, there's no getting out 

Death is the only release 

Remarriage only for family, not for self 

Kumud was 'untouched ' by pramaad so is pure to be accepted by Saras 

As I said everything sweet and rosy! 

Pseudo nayee soch! 

The real nayee soch - of a trail blazing woman who spurns marriage 

Of a truly modern father who asks his daughter to get out before its too late 

Of a truly progressive lover who will show her that she is wrong to cling to this relationship - not happening! 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

shubsmayurhotdogg-Ivy-happychappyKK84S.Stephy

pasumarthisa IF-Dazzler
pasumarthisa
pasumarthisa

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 8:38pm | IP Logged

Saras did try real hard to tell her not to cling to this by meekly surrendering. Told her to expose it. Looking back, he exposed kumud's bruise to all. The course of action taken by kumud n saras seems ok in present situation but not the thought process. Especially desais'.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Adiani-Ivy-happychappyArshics

Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 8:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pasumarthisa

Saras did try real hard to tell her not to cling to this by meekly surrendering. Told her to expose it. Looking back, he exposed kumud's bruise to all. The course of action taken by kumud n saras seems ok in present situation but not the thought process. Especially desais'.

Ya, you are right, agree to that! And the unfinished main ab bhi tumse... . He did try

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AdianihappychappyKK84

Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 8:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Anki_KJSG

arshi jus came here to say dat today I missed Yatin ji sooo much... din lyk d new vc at all... Dead
now more dan the story its just for actors performances i'm still sticking to the show... God Bless the show...

Ya, I think we should stick to it. Through bad times also. ESP if its going to end, 

And mere muh ki baat cheen li Anki, I was missing Yatinji so much yesterday, that scene was tailor made for him! 

He was so good at this type of Rona. For me he will always be the VC, this baalon wala somber VC I can't relate to, no disrespect to Ali raza ji! Just that yatinji left a powerful impact on me! 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Ivy-happychappy

-Ivy- Goldie
-Ivy-
-Ivy-

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 9:10pm | IP Logged
Such riveting discussions underway, how could one opt for slumber, Hgg bhai LOL Before I dive into debate, however, a digression, to perhaps better undergird my 'locus standi':

This may seem contrary on some level, but the catalyst for my "rants" don't lie in the fact that I'm too passionately involved with SC. However much I may avow, I am not a "fan" by any usual meters. The culprit thus is my innate detachment from SC. My inability to remain 'Ivy' through-out the twenty-two plus minutes of show, each weekday. Indulge following explanation: My field is Film, Television, Media and Law, and while degree years were spent in my "happy place", analysing creative works with impunity, lacking all consideration save academic, post-grad brought upon me a thesis, a distinctly dark exploration, for a naive idealistic intellect, as to the social, political, gender, and psychological ramifications of the creative works which once elicited pure "analysis, appreciation". A view of the "other side of the coin", so to speak. My optic thus compellingly widened, my creative consciousness coupled with newly-found creative "conscience", I could not go back to being a happy camper again. I've preferred a holistic approach to 'creativity' ever since and rather than constrain me, I find it has brought me unlimited freedom, both to appreciate and censure. In my current work, I mostly play devil's advocate. Even while "in-fraternity", my usual view is from outside it. All creative works have in-built social onus, industry standard is that "creativity should be aware", but that standard is rarely strictly adhered to; when someone outside (usually organisations) raises an "intervention", demands a check on media work, my role is to assess the merits of that intervention, and to define, delineate the parameters of that "check". In essence, I tell my employers, to "watch it!"... And right now, I would advise same to StarPlus too. Ergo, it is not my heightened expectation from SC which I need to shed, but rather my default sense of a search for 'integrity' which I must now "renounce", if I am to keep munching popcorn. Let's see how much of a success I make of that Geek

Coming to debate now, Hgg bhai, smrth Bhai, happy & Arshi:

It never fails to amaze me the utterly limitless canvas, and the fathomless ocean of ideas, insights, critique, debate and appreciation that each CB thread holds. Am left spectacularly awestruck each frickin' time. Taking a few steps back from debate proper... From a holistic perspective, Hgg and smrth Bhai's, your respective concerns are but two sides of one coin. They can be reconciled. In the hands of a better contender and time factors being on-side but unfortunately the current, irresponsible powers at the helm are proving themselves thoroughly incapable of landing on common ground here. As viewers thus, we are stuck on no-man's land Ouch

smrth Bhai, a query, ain't there two "crutches" here? For let's re-set all prior to last Wed, there's no indication of any progression as theoretically 'anticipated"... One crutch, as you rightly point out, that of "fate" for Kumud, personal and for Desai's with the power of two now (Dukh baa & Kumud)... But is not another "crutch' still Saras? Has the "Nayi Subah" resolution, all been cancelled, with Kumud not only hiding truth of Saras from Desai's and them likewise, but all still lumping him as "overall culprit" when they know of his reasons. Or is it merely narrative inconvenience now to pay any recourse to Saras? Because prevailing view considers him no better alternative, but simply first culprit, which I agree he is. But for me, as well as being binded "three-ways", Kumud has also been righted and is steadily supported by her "two crutches" now (Fate and Saras), both did wrong by her but she will prevail, over. Verily, she maybe on far steady ground, than we may realise. And there is a twisted nobility to it all, a sense of fair trade-off between Kumud and her two crutches - she is assuming "ownership" for their (crutches), decisions, so how can they, and we, begrudge her the 'lean'? Ouch

happy... Hilarious first exposition, my friend. Thank you for the 'tulsi ki aangan' bit. Appearance left me utterly befuddled... This being first exposure. Reading your post, went and googled, got directed to a picture of a telly bahu/beti bawling her eyes next to. Priceless, I thought. We've already started taking recourse in television tropes of old. What's there to "read", anymore? More popcorn, please Big smile

happy & smrth Bhai, to jump in, lacking Hgg bhai's elaboration prowess, unfortunately: smrth Bhai, as my off-line self, I will agree with happy and Hgg, not to "educate" strictly, or to become role models (!) but rather to be 'consistent' and walk the path shamelessly touted, that of "adaptation" of "nayi soch". Since producer purchased rights, there is no onus save creative or social for him to adhere to source or blaze a new trail. Legally, he is in the clear either ways. However, SC till date has strayed both sides of the fence. Perhaps our dilemma would be non-existent if the period were true to source, but this has been turned contemporary, and personally, use of skype and "iPhones", is neither marker of, nor adequate representation of contemporary, for me. Contemporary is not the skyline of Dubai, but in the way Saras is. Contemporary lies not in place or technology, but in thoughts espoused, in the characterizations and the way crucial narrative situations are handled. And it is inescapable that in the course of such, "messages" are automatically disseminated. Whether show intends to or not, and also whether viewers actively seek it or not. SC is no exception. Therein lies the scope for nayi soch as well. If core essence of SC is not forfeited, many still view show as a microcosm and the characters as conduits for larger life-lessons. This is 'legacy' of source. Thus how Saras and Kumud are presented and what they do, matters in the larger fabric. Which undoubtedly goes beyond show. This is not a movie, inaccessible unless payment proferred. The default here is not "not watch", but rather "to watch". For the general audience, thought of changing channels comes much, much later.

That being said, since this coin has been split in the middle, and so have my two identities, which cannot now be reconciled, as Ivy I will agree with you. However as 'Ivy' I will also admit that 'character meddling' has become rampant now. Dukh baa being chief on the chopping block, Saras close second. Not so much in case of VC, whereupon you point out alignment with source. But if to reconcile, the "unreconcilable", VC too has been gently meddled with, to find balance between source and adaptation, perhaps? But to what end, such may only hasten character dissasociation, if this outright flip-flop between source and adaptation continues. But crucial here, as you point out. Deceit reigns both sides - Kumud's knowledge has been limited, and so has the Desai's, that too from each other. So perhaps it is worthwhile to hedge bets for now. There is no proper "locus standi" for raging parental intervention, yes, but perhaps, that familial support could have been better executed, instead of making it seem, as happy has brilliantly observed, a (blood) sport being cheered on from the sidelines. Honestly the sole image invading my mind was that of a Roman colosseum, with Kumud being "fatted" before do-or-die gladitorial battle. So bloody were immediate prospects Ouch Thus, to excuse characters for now, I would charge 'execution' as first-foremost, and recurring culprit. 

Edited by IdiotViewer - 16 August 2013 at 9:31pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

AdianihotdoggsmrthhappychappyArshics

smrth Goldie
smrth
smrth

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 10:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by arshicritic

Originally posted by smrth

Arshi,
Actually it was a midway resolution of certain hanging questions. Narrative has broadly tackled VC's guilt. And it also compared SC's share in cohort. Furthermore, the girl also valiantly tried to shoulder the 'guilt' on crutch of her fate-" meri kismet ka faisla, mera faiska". Remember our discussion on 'mera faisala"? Is this narrative assigning any actual 'Decision making' honestly on her? As noted then...Ouch
And against all these contexts, first half intercut between Kumud's dialogue and Saras's rumination at Gate was a significant script. .Ivy may analyse it well, I hope. But i dislike Kusum's appearance in Gallary...In bet'n as guessed yesterday, he didn't turn up inside Haweli. Curious, where did he put up? Temple beside the lake? And where is Sunny?  I clap the actor VC, he showed the grief deep...as for our  angers on what we are seeing and 'nonadherence- to- the source'- well, at least on VC- Saras guilt cohort part, the book noted it exactly like this. So perhaps, is it more a frustration over what we want to see but not getting and resultant disappointments?Shocked

Thank you smrth, for again putting the focus back on the original.

Yes, Kumud's Mera faisla again reminds me of hotdoggs brilliant post on limited choices. She is again making the best of her circs. 

She has a set of options, and again, hgg (salaam aapko), her bapu is her astitva, to make a success of her marriage is to prove that her bapu was right, so that's the only way out for her. 

So, IMO, it's not her decision making that's significant, it's the ownership of that decision that is significant, that defines Kumud. 

While Saras is all about I couldnt help it and I regret it, for both rejections, 

Kumud is I did it my choice, my decision, even though the truth is the reverse. 

And yes, kusums appearance - that puzzled me too, what could it signify?

While we are all 'enjoying' the 30 day challenge, and the dumbikaran of Desais, you have again highlighted the significant pointers and put the story back in focus. 

Thanks, we can again look forward to a weekend of some thought provoking and interesting discussions! 
Arshi yaar Give some credit here too!LOL Remember? All of you were underscoring 'Her Decision'. As Hgg bhai asked me " her faisala- pure hosh hawash me'"...I had tried to analyse its objective meaning as per the 'facts' of elapsed story - marriage episodes- and tried to evaluate it for what that 'seize' was actually for. Father's absolution one imp. Motive. Hgg bhai agreed and get it reevaluated for limited from free. And gave us that brillian analysis. Right Hgg bhai? ( CB 9 August)...well today that part of 'motive' came true.Tongue

Edited by smrth - 16 August 2013 at 10:23pm

Adianihotdogg-Ivy-happychappyArshics

smrth Goldie
smrth
smrth

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
And Arshi I have another 'gloat' too? But am some what hesitant. Shall I? For it again invites 'mad' brand discussions- on an entirely different aspect.LOL
Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 10:33pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by arshicritic

Arshi,
Actually it was a midway resolution of certain hanging questions. Narrative has broadly tackled VC's guilt. And it also compared SC's share in cohort. Furthermore, the girl also valiantly tried to shoulder the 'guilt' on crutch of her fate-" meri kismet ka faisla, mera faiska". Remember our discussion on 'mera faisala"? Is this narrative assigning any actual 'Decision making' honestly on her? As noted then...Ouch
And against all these contexts, first half intercut between Kumud's dialogue and Saras's rumination at Gate was a significant script. .Ivy may analyse it well, I hope. But i dislike Kusum's appearance in Gallary...In bet'n as guessed yesterday, he didn't turn up inside Haweli. Curious, where did he put up? Temple beside the lake? And where is Sunny?  I clap the actor VC, he showed the grief deep...as for our  angers on what we are seeing and 'nonadherence- to- the source'- well, at least on VC- Saras guilt cohort part, the book noted it exactly like this. So perhaps, is it more a frustration over what we want to see but not getting and resultant disappointments?Shocked

Thank you smrth, for again putting the focus back on the original.

Yes, Kumud's Mera faisla again reminds me of hotdoggs brilliant post on limited choices. She is again making the best of her circs. 

She has a set of options, and again, hgg (salaam aapko), her bapu is her astitva, to make a success of her marriage is to prove that her bapu was right, so that's the only way out for her. 

So, IMO, it's not her decision making that's significant, it's the ownership of that decision that is significant, that defines Kumud. 

While Saras is all about I couldnt help it and I regret it, for both rejections, 

Kumud is I did it my choice, my decision, even though the truth is the reverse. 

And yes, kusums appearance - that puzzled me too, what could it signify?

While we are all 'enjoying' the 30 day challenge, and the dumbikaran of Desais, you have again highlighted the significant pointers and put the story back in focus. 

Thanks, we can again look forward to a weekend of some thought provoking and interesting discussions! 
Arshi yaar Give some credit here too!LOL Remember? All of you were underscoring 'Her Decision'. As Hgg bhai asked me " her faisala- pure hosh hawash me'"...I had tried to analyse its objective meaning as per the 'facts' of elapsed story - marriage episodes- and tried to evaluate it for what that 'seize' was actually for. Father's absolution one imp. Motive. Hgg bhai agreed and get it reevaluated for limited from free. And gave us that brillian analysis. Right Hgg bhai? ( CB 9 August)...well today that part of 'motive' came true.Tongue

All credit given ji! You plant the seeds, drop these tiny pearls of wisdom, which niggle and squiggle and hgg fits them into a framework, elaborates them into easy to understand points, so while we quote him, all credit to you, for many times first bringing these to light! 

Adianihotdoggsmrth-Ivy-happychappy

Go to top