Adiani Groupbie
Adiani
Adiani

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by happychappy

Arshi, I am torn...

Cant decide who is more  bonkers, 

the Desais or the Dharamadhikaris? or me...Dead

Cannot see why I am watching this...(leaving aside force of habit)

Imagine, if todays episode of SC was the only one you ever saw, say while surfing  the channels, having newly arrived from Mars, say...what wd you think? Wd you say "ah this looks interesting, need to watch this show and discuss it threadbare every night...???" LOL  

a. overdressed women/girls cheerleading daughter living with abusive husband
b. rona-dhona of parents/bua (next to the tulsi in the aaangan, of course)
c. oath taken by tikka-bearing ganja-wearing guy in middle of pond
d. roadside knife-wielding dakus in precap... mangalsutra caught in mid-air by hero(Rajnikant fan!?)

Obviously, Not.

And that is what we have come down to...Ouch

Happyji,
A random episode of Gopi Bahu, I kept away from Desi Tv for more than 2 years.
Your description above, surely makes Gopi Bahu serial(donot know actual soap name) watch worthy  in scale..
But honestly, CB thread was always positive inspite of utterly crap episodes. I would have quit long ago if not for descriptive CB.
There were many loose TRP shots even before, Menaka, Dugba's OTT(I remember one episode where she went to PCO and had a heated argument with someone!!)

Shall we give  a chance to the aerial, when we surely know Pramad's character  is going to die? 
I am hopeful looking at Saras's character. 
Don't you think, inspite of huge popularity of GR, his character  is still doing wrong things and loosing brownie points. Maybe something is up in their sleeves. If I quit now, I'll not turn towards TV for many years to come..Hence desperate optimism now..

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Ivy-happychappyKK84Arshics

hotdogg Senior Member
hotdogg
hotdogg

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by smrth

Hgg, 
Assessment on two fronts. Kumud's character sketch- its plausibility. And VC's response. Since we are debating later, I will try to relate this with the elapsed script.
You say- VC should do more for her, like what he has done for Dukh baa. What would he do now? A la Sahas rai, he should get Pramaad arrested and rectify the misjudgement as DV is involved. You are right HGG, he should and he will. Why! He may even 'murder' him for all rage it may provoke in him- his most precious child. But Hgg, do they know DV is involved?? Not only DV- a raging extramarital affair for that matter!Ouch
At this point only information they have is this. 'He is taking alcohol'. And his sentence before he passed out," Kumud You are all 'Drama". So can he order her back on 'alcohol' charges? Notice, Kumud's noncommittal, no promise ( 'wily' cvsShocked ) is keeping actual seriousness 'hidden' from him.Shocked Even Dukhbaa is not sharing whatever extra information she has had ( and even she does not have it all). So on what premise would he interfere at this point? Only alcohol? Hgg, as you know, viewer's 360 D view is sometimes misleading. But I have more faith in your analytical power. If possible see the episode once more, 'objectively' as a plausible narrative. 
As for first part; Kumud's character sketch, it still has plausibility. But where it is lacking is in Saras's.Dead

smrth...
chuck the DV or affair part or arrests for now...

purely on today's epi...the least thing to be done...

1) probe more...and ask...
- you have  a Son In Law who lied to you (going out for soft drinks), disappeared in the evening at 4 pm and who came late at night dead drunk!
- all the market news that you discounted are suddenly all true...what else have you heard? should you confirm with kumud?
- when you asked your daughter if all was well...she lied to your face...this from a daughter who shared everything with you...why?
- and the sentence...what did he mean?...why?...

2) probe more...and ask...
- when you tell your daughter to promise that she will not lie and always tell when she is in trouble and she does not promise but hesitates...why?...this from a daughter who shared everything with you

3) probe more...and ask...
- when it suddenly hits you that you screwed up and married her off to someone who is obviously not right...
- you would want to know everything!

You don't need to wait for a broken jaw or something due to DV before you ask her what's wrong!

He's the 'enlightened' father!!!

The last thing not to do is what he did today...that ok it was my fault...so let her be... I have lost the right to question her too!...let's all go to sleep...

This was totally out of character...It was all very pat ...show some superficial remorse and grief...once some bit of crying done...then all say we leave it to kumud...and cut to the next stage of the story shown in the pre-cap...

Edited by hotdogg - 16 August 2013 at 2:40pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

kaadalsmrth-Ivy-happychappySiri22pasumarthisaInfofanArshics

hotdogg Senior Member
hotdogg
hotdogg

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 2:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by IdiotViewer

Have developed a splitting headache after watching today's epi... So shall pitch in later. Need some perspective from lest I again end up ranting. There's something so counter-productive in that, which I dislike. Privately mortified that I would succumb to such for the sake of a tv show. No more. Scout's honor =)

Cheers for the weekend. It shall provide respite to retract and assimilate prior episodes with the benefit of hindsight. This is the point where I would verily disassociate & seek solace elsewhere (MZZB of course, smrth Bhai!) but I've reset expectations to bare minimum now. Continued low depths shall bother me no longer. For the first time, in ages, I've grabbed a bucket of popcorn, popped a can of coke, have reclined my seat, and am munching away. Still riveted. There's perverse fascination in watching spectacular Titanic steadily submerge, I have to admit Cool

Ivy-
Join the club!
Felt like that too...some of which came out in my post on today's epi
Tongue

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

smrth-Ivy-Arshics

smrth Goldie
smrth
smrth

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 2:43pm | IP Logged
Hgg, for all probs and asks...she reports, ' I am fine and I am married.' Market has also shared only alcohol ' no Padma' ' no Kalika' and ' no DV'. And since we were charging him for a non action over 'Dv' only- where probs and asks are rendered futile, I am not able to see him more enlightened even in a village where logically he should have run after his Damad on 'cold drink' errand by 4.30. And if not then at least by dinner time. So let us overlook this 'generic' inconsistencies at the moment.LOL

Edit; so now 'prob' part is covered. And worse for it. kusum!Angry Hgg , is club open as yet? I may have to join sooner than later.DeadDead ( one small relief- her appearance in Terrace has no other meaning...or does it??Dead)

Edited by smrth - 16 August 2013 at 3:01pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

hotdoggkaadal-Ivy-happychappyInfofanArshics

pasumarthisa IF-Dazzler
pasumarthisa
pasumarthisa

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 2:53pm | IP Logged

Arshi,

Too filmy. Your lines were so apt.

Just read the spoiler and it made me feel slightly better. That desais sent kusum to keep an eye on kumud. Today they were sending her like she is on the safest mission ever while the close connection between alcoholism and domestic violence n abuse should have scared them. No one said 'what if'. As if they were so sure.

Kumud is relieved. Happy for that. Dugbaa made me eat my words and guniyal is on mute. The connection between independence Day n kumud's situation was so silly.

Saras's shapath was very filmy. But the conviction about shutting his feelings for kumud was touching. Was it Sanyas? Heart went out to him today. He is a rare protagonist. No one even cares if he is alive. Except Sunny.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

truptishree-Ivy-happychappyArshics

hotdogg Senior Member
hotdogg
hotdogg

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 3:09pm | IP Logged

Hgg, for all probs and asks...she reports, ' I am fine and I am married.' Market has also shared only alcohol ' no Padma' ' no Kalika' and ' no DV'. And since we were charging him for a non action over 'Dv' only- where probs and asks are rendered futile, I am not able to see him more enlightened even in a village where logically he should have run after his Damad on 'cold drink' errand by 4.30. And if not then at least by dinner time. So let us overlook this 'generic' inconsistencies at the moment.LOL

smrth..

As I said the DV, affair etc...he still has no clue and should be left out as of now...

Right now, I am charging him with non-action when he sees pramad in a drunken stupor in his home in the middle of the night.

my POV is that considering the market rumors (on which he was so concerned that he went and met a few people discreetly to confirm) turning true and kumud lying - both which were a first  - and the type of person VC was shown to be...his reconciliation was shown just too easy in today's epi...just a few lines and a conclusion that all is seemingly well...

and you got it right...when I meant enlightened I did mean it as a more socially aware...vyavaharu types (reference to his behaviour in my earlier posts)..not enlightened in the sense of awareness of the back-story ...such a person would probe more, specially if it was his daughter..

anyway...let's wait till the next epi if some rounding off / more concern is shown...
Tongue

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

kaadal-Ivy-happychappyInfofanArshics

hotdogg Senior Member
hotdogg
hotdogg

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 3:20pm | IP Logged

Edit; so now 'prob' part is covered. And worse for it. kusum!Angry Hgg , is club open as yet? I may have to join sooner than later.DeadDead ( one small relief- her appearance in Terrace has no other meaning...or does it??Dead)

smrth..

the club is open and we are in danger of default...
this club's president (Ivy) is off to sleep...Cool

this club's raison d'etre...SLB, SP, cast... are either busy counting their money, asleep or partying..

and we are burning the midnight oil..LOL

so switching off  for now...let's catch up tomo

don't want to think about kusum on top of all this...and for all we know there could be any number of TRP track related reasons she's there...Wink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Ivy-happychappy

KK84 IF-Rockerz
KK84
KK84

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 4:15pm | IP Logged
Ok so I watched the episode and I guess because I watched it after CB posts, it was more bearable and actually thought it was bordering ok! Thanks to Gautam I made it though the end as I was busy looking at his hot abs that are so visible thru his vest!!! Hai nothing else mattered at that point!

Most disturbing for me and what woke me up from this beautiful Rode abs dream was the precap!

right on its becoming full on filmy! What's left now is this:

1. Pramaad realising he is falling for Kumud after how she was all like nahi mera mangal sutra n mat Maro mere pati ko melodrama!

2. The ex lover comes and saves the day!! Pati thanks him and then break into song 'yeh dosti hum nahi torenge'

3. Pramud love blossoms...break into song...'jeeye toh jeeye kaise bin aapke' all 3 singing n all!

4. Audience ka bheja fry n on verge of killing themselves!

5. Hail trp aunties

6. Vouch to never watch desi kachraa again but know will fall for the trap once again!

7. History in another IF forum will repeat itself!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

hotdoggkaadalhappychappyInfofanArshics

Go to top