India-Forums

Saraswatichandra
Saraswatichandra

Crisp Bytes SC - 16th aug 13 (Page 6)

HydroxyGroup IF-Rockerz
HydroxyGroup
HydroxyGroup

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 1:35pm | IP Logged
arshi jus came here to say dat today I missed Yatin ji sooo much... din lyk d new vc at all... Dead
now more dan the story its just for actors performances i'm still sticking to the show... God Bless the show...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

happychappyArshics

KK84 IF-Rockerz
KK84
KK84

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 1:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hotdogg

Originally posted by P020167

Haven't seen the episode yet...but loved your post.

I am on vacation so will reply on your updates wheneverI will get a chance.

From your updates, one thing is clear, truth is out and VC family is in reality show now...no more "all about Pramad are rumors"...

30 days...does this mean after a month there is no Pramad :) It will be interseting to see how SaMud wil unite.

..in 30 days there won't even be a show to speak of...

SLB has / is probably moving out...SP has given an extension till Nov...there is a desperate rush to become more TRP friendly...

however, today saras has made a promise to himself that in 30 days he will make kumud's marriage with pramad work out...

So in line with TRPs...we could also see a Samud become a Pramud...courtesy saras who may become a platonic friend of kumud...and possible godfather to pramud's kids..

And that's how you crucify an aunthetic and unique story! U don't better it...u throw it down the gutter. Poor SLB will coax himself for not making a movie instead.
smrth Goldie
smrth
smrth

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hotdogg

Originally posted by smrth

Originally posted by happychappy

Thanks again for the source alignment data Smrth!

What I ws most frustrated about is the murdering of the characters - VC says he has no right to stop K going back. D'ba goes further and will not even let him extractva promise from K that she will keepthem in the loop...The two sisters and Kho-kaki all cheerleaders for K going back to abusive husband! These charcters were not expected to behave in this manner so that causes dismay...

Is this how DV is to be tackled? What a message? How many lives are lost/ damaged because of these sort of attitudes... Why did he not show it  as happening in the 19th century?

Happy we are missing the point perhaps. Tell me friend, are we watching a tell as it is in its best adapted form or a 'message dissemination' program? Why are we taking all failed hopes onto 'message' and 'oh- so- not- contemporary' strictures only? Why should it take only an instant solution or 'logical as per our world view' route? ...So what should VC do now? Or DB? Should they stomp their 'feet' and stop Kumud? ( and gleefully for us viewers, make her marry to now available Saras- as we viewers know?) So who is Kumud? Still following their decisions, their guidance, their judgements? Is she adult or a baby? When VC says, 'he has no right now'. Note. She is a married woman. And not only legally, after such a huge blunder, he lost even a moral say in what she now resolved to attempt as a salvage. How much more can he mess it for her? And still, as a parent, he DID try to eke out the promise, ' don't hide anything from now onwards, in case..." He is offering a parent's vigilant eye on her 'repair' attempts and note his sinking feeling, " Kumud, you are not giving me even this promise?" He is now seeing a resolute daughter who is NOW taking a DECISION. Notice his regret in the compound when Dukh baa said, " you maintained me for life when I returned." VC said, " but Dukh baa, she is not even returning!!"Dead

sorry to butt in smrth...
Its not about a NGO type social message...but at least a  real-world 21st century one...

So don't entirely agree...because it was clearly made out from the beginning that this was an adaptation..Adhuri Dastaan Ab Hogi Poori and all that...

by your logic the whole character of a current real-world kumud the way it was set up should not have been...

VC is shown as a person who loves his daughter immensely, who thinks the world of her, who supports her in her opinions even when she goes against established society norms (women's education, internet, religious rituals, gau hatya!, yash's arrest, her night out with saras...the toofan one), khoti-kaki wearing colored clothes after the death of her husband (in today's epi)...

And yet who has done far more earlier to someone who was not kumud...he stood with DB to rectify an error of judgement (when he got DB married to sahas rai), even went to the extent of getting him arrested (along with DB), who gave her shelter and respect for 14 years, who
sheltered his widowed bhabi (Khoti kaki)..

So he should be doing more for kumud...not sit on the sidelines and accept the status quo...
It is not in character...I have observed cases of DV in my extended family and friends...the LAST thing any father has done...no matter what his compulsions (economic or social)...is become all passive...

VC in the story has no such compulsions...your adaptaion is set in a modern world, with a character who has been shown to be of modern outlook...so this is a total break from character...

Hgg, 
Assessment on two fronts. Kumud's character sketch- its plausibility. And VC's response. Since we are debating later, I will try to relate this with the elapsed script.
You say- VC should do more for her, like what he has done for Dukh baa. What would he do now? A la Sahas rai, he should get Pramaad arrested and rectify the misjudgement as DV is involved. You are right HGG, he should and he will. Why! He may even 'murder' him for all rage it may provoke in him- his most precious child. But Hgg, do they know DV is involved?? Not only DV- a raging extramarital affair for that matter!Ouch
At this point only information they have is this. 'He is taking alcohol'. And his sentence before he passed out," Kumud You are all 'Drama". So can he order her back on 'alcohol' charges? Notice, Kumud's noncommittal, no promise ( 'wily' cvsShocked ) is keeping actual seriousness 'hidden' from him.Shocked Even Dukhbaa is not sharing whatever extra information she has had ( and even she does not have it all). So on what premise would he interfere at this point? Only alcohol? Hgg, as you know, viewer's 360 D view is sometimes misleading. But I have more faith in your analytical power. If possible see the episode once more, 'objectively' as a plausible narrative. 
As for first part; Kumud's character sketch, it still has plausibility. But where it is lacking is in Saras's.Dead

Edited by smrth - 16 August 2013 at 1:52pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

hotdoggkaadal-Ivy-

khanrocks IF-Stunnerz
khanrocks
khanrocks

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
Trps have gone high trp auntiesove stuff we hate
-Ivy- Goldie
-Ivy-
-Ivy-

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 1:50pm | IP Logged
Have developed a splitting headache after watching today's epi... So shall pitch in later. Need some perspective from lest I again end up ranting. There's something so counter-productive in that, which I dislike. Privately mortified that I would succumb to such for the sake of a tv show. No more. Scout's honor =)

Cheers for the weekend. It shall provide respite to retract and assimilate prior episodes with the benefit of hindsight. This is the point where I would verily disassociate & seek solace elsewhere (MZZB of course, smrth Bhai!) but I've reset expectations to bare minimum now. Continued low depths shall bother me no longer. For the first time, in ages, I've grabbed a bucket of popcorn, popped a can of coke, have reclined my seat, and am munching away. Still riveted. There's perverse fascination in watching spectacular Titanic steadily submerge, I have to admit Cool

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

hotdoggsmrthkaadalhappychappyArshics

smrth Goldie
smrth
smrth

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 1:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by IdiotViewer

Have developed a splitting headache after watching today's epi... So shall pitch in later. Need some perspective from lest I again end up ranting. There's something so counter-productive in that, which I dislike. Privately mortified that I would succumb to such for the sake of a tv show. No more. Scout's honor =)

Cheers for the weekend. It shall provide respite to retract and assimilate prior episodes with the benefit of hindsight. This is the point where I would verily disassociate & seek solace elsewhere (MZZB of course, smrth Bhai!) but I've reset expectations to bare minimum now. Continued low depths shall bother me no longer. For the first time, in ages, I've grabbed a bucket of popcorn, popped a can of coke, have reclined my seat, and am munching away. Still riveted. There's perverse fascination in watching spectacular Titanic steadily submerge, I have to admit Cool
Try at least two or three...it may prove a find.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Ivy-

-Ivy- Goldie
-Ivy-
-Ivy-

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 2:01pm | IP Logged

I will smrth Bhai. After "thirty days" for sure, to quote Kal Ho Naa Ho, SC style Tongue

smrthkaadalArshics

smrth Goldie
smrth
smrth

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 2:07pm | IP Logged

I will smrth Bhai. After "thirty days" for sure, to quote Kal Ho Naa Ho, SC style Tongue

What if "thirty day'" turns up as 'self substitution'? "White- dispersed in Rainbow?' For he vowed to bring only colours back. What if intended 'black box' goes missing? He has to open genuine box na?!WinkBig smile

-Ivy-happychappyArshics

Go to top