Posted: 16 August 2013 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Just want samud in one frame

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ArshicsShanUlas

happychappy IF-Dazzler
happychappy
happychappy

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
Thanks again for the source alignment data Smrth!

What I ws most frustrated about is the murdering of the characters - VC says he has no right to stop K going back. D'ba goes further and will not even let him extractva promise from K that she will keepthem in the loop...The two sisters and Kho-kaki all cheerleaders for K going back to abusive husband! These charcters were not expected to behave in this manner so that causes dismay... They seemed to be clueless about the danger to K... this is not a sport to be cheering from the sidelines!!

Is this how DV is to be tackled? What a message? How many lives are lost/ damaged because of these sort of attitudes... Why did he not show it  as happening in the 19th century?

Edited by happychappy - 16 August 2013 at 12:35pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

hotdoggkaadal-Ivy-smrthKK84InfofanArshics

KK84 IF-Rockerz
KK84
KK84

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by arshicritic

Originally posted by KK84

Originally posted by happychappy

Arshi, I am torn...

Cant decide who is more bonkers,

the Desais or the Dharamadhikaris? or me...Dead

Cannot see why I am watching this...(leaving aside force of habit)

Imagine, if todays episode of SC was the only one you ever saw, say while surfing the channels, having newly arrived from Mars, say...what wd you think? Wd you say "ah this looks interesting, need to watch this show and discuss it threadbare every night...???"LOL

a. overdressed women/girls cheerleading daughter living with abusive husband
b. rona-dhona of parents/bua (next to the tulsi in the aaangan, of course)
c. oath taken by tikka-bearing ganja-wearing guy in middle of pond
d. roadside knife-wielding dakus in precap... mangalsutra caught in mid-air by hero(Rajnikant fan!?)

Obviously, Not.

And that is what we have come down to...Ouch

So well said. I don't know whether to believe that kumud conveniently forgot to mention that her husband not only is a sharaabi, hasn't accepted her but was violent too? Or have the desais decided to be ignorant on that matter as they can't see what an alcoholic is capable of?

Haven't seen the epi but dil Beth sa Gaya hai. Kumud all out to change Pramaad n Saras playing Cupid...show ka hero kahi sidekick na banjaaye and kumud Pramad in the end saying that's bye bye to their messiah who will smile and walk away towards the sunset! THE END!

OR is this show really gonna follow the novel? Pataa nahin? Not read it but from wiki I didn't think it was abt saras uniting the two? I thought he would help Mr B get his position and then move on until he stumbles upon Kumud again? Are they gonna follow this route? If so then there is umeed Ki kiran! Don't give up on it yet!

I am also getting very super annoyed at how CVs who showed how desperate sunny was looking for saras..it was his idea to want to meet Kumud...infront of him VC says abt pagphere and yahaan Saab ka kuch pataa nahi? Why hasn't kusum informed him that kumud is back so he can then find out?

The problem here has always been the lack of cpmpleteness in characters. They show something then lose focus just like dukbaas husband! He was out to get badlaa n all n it just fizzled out with Kumari never really saying that she met him etc n the very obvious one is Danny! What was the need of having him if he was gna be boycott like this!

Sach mein I feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall saying the same things but nothing changes!

I watch this show for Gautam Rode and to support him because he is a gem of a person warna I wudve been done with this show the day the confession happened(like for many of us...)

Kat, incomplete threads, half baked characterization seems to be the order here. Story tracks are haphazard, anyway, I hope that the story will end in a couple of months. A speedy death and a quick burial and we shall all be at peace

Arshi in a matter of two days they have reduced us to wanting the show to actually end!! When it was announced that SC may get replaced we were all dying with worry inside but kya maha butchering ki ke we all praying that it ends!

Sach mein perhaps Starplus have learnt from past that to get fans off their backs if they stop the show awein...lets crucify it to cringe worthy material ke audience se Saha na jai aur morcha nikaaley ke for our sanity iss show ok bandh Karo!

Sach mein mujhe Novel ka ending manzoor hai but not this whole Saras making it his life mission to make sure Kumud's marriage works!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Arshics

smrth Goldie
smrth
smrth

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 12:53pm | IP Logged

What I ws most frustrated about is the murdering of the characters - VC says he has no right to stop K going back. D'ba goes further and will not even let him extractva promise from K that she will keepthem in the loop...The two sisters and Kho-kaki all cheerleaders for K going back to abusive husband! These charcters were not expected to behave in this manner so that causes dismay...

Is this how DV is to be tackled? What a message? How many lives are lost/ damaged because of these sort of attitudes... Why did he not show it  as happening in the 19th century?

Happy we are missing the point perhaps. Tell me friend, are we watching a tell as it is in its best adapted form or a 'message dissemination' program? Why are we taking all failed hopes onto 'message' and 'oh- so- not- contemporary' strictures only? Why should it take only an instant solution or 'logical as per our world view' route? ...So what should VC do now? Or DB? Should they stomp their 'feet' and stop Kumud? ( and gleefully for us viewers, make her marry to now available Saras- as we viewers know?) So who is Kumud? Still following their decisions, their guidance, their judgements? Is she adult or a baby? When VC says, 'he has no right now'. Note. She is a married woman. And not only legally, after such a huge blunder, he lost even a moral say in what she now resolved to attempt as a salvage. How much more can he mess it for her? And still, as a parent, he DID try to eke out the promise, ' don't hide anything from now onwards, in case..." He is offering a parent's vigilant eye on her 'repair' attempts and note his sinking feeling, " Kumud, you are not giving me even this promise?" He is now seeing a resolute daughter who is NOW taking a DECISION. Notice his regret in the compound when Dukh baa said, " you maintained me for life when I returned." VC said, " but Dukh baa, she is not even returning!!"Dead

Edited by smrth - 16 August 2013 at 12:54pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Adianikaadal-Ivy-happychappyArshics

P020167 Senior Member
P020167
P020167

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
Haven't seen the episode yet...but loved your post.

I am on vacation so will reply on your updates whenever I will get a chance.

From your updates, one thing is clear, truth is out and VC family is in reality show now...no more "all about Pramad are rumors"...

30 days...does this mean after a month there is no Pramad :) It will be interseting to see how SaMud wil unite.

happychappyArshics

hotdogg Senior Member
hotdogg
hotdogg

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 1:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by smrth

What I ws most frustrated about is the murdering of the characters - VC says he has no right to stop K going back. D'ba goes further and will not even let him extractva promise from K that she will keepthem in the loop...The two sisters and Kho-kaki all cheerleaders for K going back to abusive husband! These charcters were not expected to behave in this manner so that causes dismay...

Happy we are missing the point perhaps. Tell me friend, are we watching a tell as it is in its best adapted form or a 'message dissemination' program? Why are we taking all failed hopes onto 'message' and 'oh- so- not- contemporary' strictures only? Why should it take only an instant solution or 'logical as per our world view' route? ...So what should VC do now? Or DB? Should they stomp their 'feet' and stop Kumud? ( and gleefully for us viewers, make her marry to now available Saras- as we viewers know?) So who is Kumud? Still following their decisions, their guidance, their judgements? Is she adult or a baby? When VC says, 'he has no right now'. Note. She is a married woman. And not only legally, after such a huge blunder, he lost even a moral say in what she now resolved to attempt as a salvage. How much more can he mess it for her? And still, as a parent, he DID try to eke out the promise, ' don't hide anything from now onwards, in case..." He is offering a parent's vigilant eye on her 'repair' attempts and note his sinking feeling, " Kumud, you are not giving me even this promise?" He is now seeing a resolute daughter who is NOW taking a DECISION. Notice his regret in the compound when Dukh baa said, " you maintained me for life when I returned." VC said, " but Dukh baa, she is not even returning!!"Dead

sorry to butt in smrth...
Its not about a NGO type social message...but at least a  real-world 21st century one...

So don't entirely agree...because it was clearly made out from the beginning that this was an adaptation..Adhuri Dastaan Ab Hogi Poori and all that...

by your logic the whole character of a current real-world kumud the way it was set up should not have been...

VC is shown as a person who loves his daughter immensely, who thinks the world of her, who supports her in her opinions even when she goes against established society norms (women's education, internet, religious rituals, gau hatya!, yash's arrest, her night out with saras...the toofan one), khoti-kaki wearing colored clothes after the death of her husband (in today's epi)...

And yet who has done far more earlier to someone who was not kumud...he stood with DB to rectify an error of judgement (when he got DB married to sahas rai), even went to the extent of getting him arrested (along with DB), who gave her shelter and respect for 14 years, who
sheltered his widowed bhabi (Khoti kaki)..

So he should be doing more for kumud...not sit on the sidelines and accept the status quo...
It is not in character...I have observed cases of DV in my extended family and friends...the LAST thing any father has done...no matter what his compulsions (economic or social)...is become all passive...

VC in the story has no such compulsions...your adaptaion is set in a modern world, with a character who has been shown to be of modern outlook...so this is a total break from character...

Edited by hotdogg - 16 August 2013 at 1:17pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

kaadal-Ivy-smrthhappychappyKK84Arshics

hotdogg Senior Member
hotdogg
hotdogg

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by P020167

Haven't seen the episode yet...but loved your post.

I am on vacation so will reply on your updates whenever I will get a chance.

From your updates, one thing is clear, truth is out and VC family is in reality show now...no more "all about Pramad are rumors"...

30 days...does this mean after a month there is no Pramad :) It will be interseting to see how SaMud wil unite.

..in 30 days there won't even be a show to speak of...

SLB has / is probably  moving out...SP has given an extension till Nov...there is a desperate rush to become more TRP friendly...

however, today saras has made a promise to himself that in 30 days he will make kumud's marriage with pramad work out...

So in line with TRPs...we could also see a Samud become a Pramud...courtesy saras who may become a platonic friend of kumud...and possible godfather to pramud's kids..

Edited by hotdogg - 16 August 2013 at 1:19pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Arshics

sihu Goldie
sihu
sihu

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 1:31pm | IP Logged
LOL

Arshi, I am torn...

Cant decide who is more  bonkers, 

the Desais or the Dharamadhikaris? or me...Dead

Cannot see why I am watching this...(leaving aside force of habit)

Imagine, if todays episode of SC was the only one you ever saw, say while surfing  the channels, having newly arrived from Mars, say...what wd you think? Wd you say "ah this looks interesting, need to watch this show and discuss it threadbare every night...???" LOL  

a. overdressed women/girls cheerleading daughter living with abusive husband
b. rona-dhona of parents/bua (next to the tulsi in the aaangan, of course)
c. oath taken by tikka-bearing ganja-wearing guy in middle of pond
d. roadside knife-wielding dakus in precap... mangalsutra caught in mid-air by hero(Rajnikant fan!?)

Obviously, Not.

And that is what we have come down to...Ouch

LOLLOL Ur description is just too funny...but u're right, this is exactly what we have come to!

happychappyArshics

Go to top