khanrocks
khanrocks

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 3:41am | IP Logged
God we are depressing

KK84 IF-Rockerz
KK84
KK84

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 3:55am | IP Logged
@ hgg Bhai I do agree that the problem is much bigger than alcohol but I think the kumud who got married and the kumud who has now decided to give her marriage another chance are two different pple. She isn't going to put up with the violence now and since that time when she stopped Pramaad from slapping her...we haven't seen her accepting being hit n abused.

Though verbal abuse is different.

The affair is unacceptable and yet many women carry on being in that relation and yahaan toh Kumud's relation is as good as none but yes for her to accept this does affect her self respect and for this reason it is sad to see that she is willing to overlook this.

However, I am really taking her word for
It that she wants to give Pramaad one chance...I can't digest the 'pyaar se' he will change bit bcos how can she love again? Are all her feelings for Saras over?!

As for desais...some fight over making her stay wudve been the logical path but perhaps the shock of what they have witnessed is far greater. Rest are all useless anyway and VC is drowned in guilt that he can't even decide if stopping her from going would be a good thing or bad(re another daughter of the house ends up all alone)

Disappointed in Guniyal bcos while
She had always supported Kumud she also always gave her the right advice so it would've been good to see her say fine u stay attal on ur decision but u r an educated girl who shudnt stand up to this but perhaps that is yet to come.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Ivy-happychappytwilaArshics

Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 4:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by KK84

@ hgg Bhai I do agree that the problem is much bigger than alcohol but I think the kumud who got married and the kumud who has now decided to give her marriage another chance are two different pple. She isn't going to put up with the violence now and since that time when she stopped Pramaad from slapping her...we haven't seen her accepting being hit n abused.

Though verbal abuse is different.

The affair is unacceptable and yet many women carry on being in that relation and yahaan toh Kumud's relation is as good as none but yes for her to accept this does affect her self respect and for this reason it is sad to see that she is willing to overlook this.

However, I am really taking her word for
It that she wants to give Pramaad one chance...I can't digest the 'pyaar se' he will change bit bcos how can she love again? Are all her feelings for Saras over?!

As for desais...some fight over making her stay wudve been the logical path but perhaps the shock of what they have witnessed is far greater. Rest are all useless anyway and VC is drowned in guilt that he can't even decide if stopping her from going would be a good thing or bad(re another daughter of the house ends up all alone)

Disappointed in Guniyal bcos while
She had always supported Kumud she also always gave her the right advice so it would've been good to see her say fine u stay attal on ur decision but u r an educated girl who shudnt stand up to this but perhaps that is yet to come.

I don't know Kat, I don't think we will get any more of their reactions. It's time for story to move on, the Desais have accepted happily, and we shall have to be satisfied with these incomplete feelings. 

Lets hope after we swallow this bitter pill, the show will redeem itself 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Ivy-happychappytwila

khanrocks IF-Stunnerz
khanrocks
khanrocks

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 4:02am | IP Logged
No sympathy for vc but kumud stupid as well
KK84 IF-Rockerz
KK84
KK84

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 4:24am | IP Logged
I don't know Arshi...isn't it apparantly a spoiler I read on here that they send Kusum as they worried abt Kumud so to keep an eye on the situation.

But to send kusum is like digging the hole deeper for the audiences...

I have no expectations of the show redeeming it self until Kumud puts aside her ego n accepts Saras's worth!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

twilaArshics

khanrocks IF-Stunnerz
khanrocks
khanrocks

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 4:35am | IP Logged
Kumud annoying me
happychappy IF-Dazzler
happychappy
happychappy

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 4:37am | IP Logged
Very interesting CB after all... as a group, we sure have the gift of elevating our collective mood...Smile  Thanks, all!

I wonder if divorce is somehow as much of a taboo in Indian society as it is made out in general... When my maasi got divorced over 50 years ago, she must have been quite an unusual woman.. She went back to college for a masters and Phd, had a career, and raised her daughters herself with full support of her parents and siblings...If extended family had anything to say they quickly got over it.. she was always present at every social occasion and fully accepted. In fact, in many ways, she had a fuller life, even if a more challenging one, than her sister (my mum) who ws happily married to a proper Mr.Nice Guy! Both her daughters grew up well-adjusted though as adults they honestly admit to missing the father-figure, and that they blamed their mum for it even if sub-consciously... One note to add is that she lived all her life in Kerala which is in some ways more progressive, and in a family quite liberal. 

These days i find when I go back, that the younger generation marries much later, and divorces quite easily...Confused  I find myself quite shocked, as I'd not enter into it at all so lightly...

So, is SP and cohorts behind the times, or is it a North-South, city-urban divide?? 

I still find it difficult to reconcile the Desai's early-period extra-liberal outlook (night-outs etc., having young men as long-stay house guests in a household with three daughters...) with their now sudden, born-again type of conservatism (can't telephone K's sasuraal often, can never visit unless invited, cant ask her to ditch abusive husband, ...) The only answer is that  inconsistencies were all in the cause of the story, cue the famous "L ki V" cry of ours!

Edited by happychappy - 17 August 2013 at 4:44am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Adiani-Ivy-twilakhanrocks

Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 5:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by happychappy

Very interesting CB after all... as a group, we sure have the gift of elevating our collective mood...Smile Thanks, all!

I wonder if divorce is somehow as much of a taboo in Indian society as it is made out in general... When my maasi got divorced over 50 years ago, she must have been quite an unusual woman.. She went back to college for a masters and Phd, had a career, and raised her daughters herself with full support of her parents and siblings...If extended family had anything to say they quickly got over it.. she was always present at every social occasion and fully accepted. In fact, in many ways, she had a fuller life, even if a more challenging one, than her sister (my mum) who ws happily married to a proper Mr.Nice Guy! Both her daughters grew up well-adjusted though as adults they honestly admit to missing the father-figure, and that they blamed their mum for it even if sub-consciously... One note to add is that she lived all her life in Kerala which is in some ways more progressive, and in a family quite liberal.

These days i find when I go back, that the younger generation marries much later, and divorces quite easily...Confused I find myself quite shocked, as I'd not enter into it at all so lightly...

So, is SP and cohorts behind the times, or is it a North-South, city-urban divide??

I still find it difficult to reconcile the Desai's early-period extra-liberal outlook (night-outs etc., having young men as long-stay house guests in a household with three daughters...) with their now sudden, born-again type of conservatism (can't telephone K's sasuraal often, can never visit unless invited, cant ask her to ditch abusive husband, ...) The only answer is that inconsistencies were all in the cause of the story, cue the famous "L ki V" cry of ours!

Happy in my experience its now very individual. Divorce is no more a taboo. Walking out a personal choice. Hoever there are local community strongholds. So its a wide canvas. Its the lack of character consistancy that is bothering.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

twilahappychappy

Go to top