Saraswatichandra

Crisp Bytes SC - 16th aug 13 (Page 11)

hotdogg Senior Member
hotdogg
hotdogg

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 1:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by IdiotViewer

Originally posted by smrth

Ivy! That's brilliant! Right from incorporating 'consciousness and conscience' ( may I take a fleeting credit?LOL)  to two crutches and logical ramifications.Clap My only point- from today's dismay VC and hold outs- though blame for DV Inaction is suspended for the moment, my original response was for its specific incorporation, as I saw it there. Future episode may give some clearer picture, but today we may not 'imply' him convict, as rage was appearing. If you remember, on Wednesday DB ( her bravado) was my chief grouse where all were praising her for her 'loud', 'correct', 'roars'. I saw it as empty talk. But again was sailing against the 'current'. And 'negative'. But when she actually confirmed to the story- as I expected- I was not much concerned. For she is a 'nettlesome' adaptation. And she has to give in sooner or later to the 'course'. And 'nettlesome' only to the extent that she is in someway (as adaption) hindering some brilliance from original- that Guniyal is, but I see viewers largely deprived of it. DB is not that significant for me...the point is, when we are charging VC- and indirectly ' social ramifications' I feel a disjointed reaction from 'story' point of view. And had tried to reconcile it to the objective- that is ' a watch of a tale'. But I am again sailing against current. And naturally lacking the 'finesse' in explaining. So friends, as many times- please take the import.Disapprove

Bold: smrth Bhai, take full. Or in my parlance, *standin-frickin-ovation* to you Clap

First off, a twinge of 'envy' for you being so 'unencumbered' Embarrassed You 'reconcile', I fail to... Therein lies your strength. The 'oracle' nature of your perspective is awesome. But my point was less social charge upon VC (I'll reserve judgement till they actually see Kumud off), but rather the fact that VC appeared 'passive', devastated into accepting 'crutch', for episode... This may be in line with story pov, as you say, but by your own admission, story had Guniyal, as 'rectifier'... Here we truly are deprived Cry (If we are to take show pov Tongue)

Bold 2: smrth Bhai, that is gross discredit to your merits. Take it back, please Smile

Edit: Pure curiosity, but do you witness 'character meddling' anywhere? Or is that purely in evidence because of IdiotViewer 'prejudice'? Big smile

All-
dekho kaise din aa gaye!!...thanks to SP/SLB reduction of the show ...there's nothing exciting happening and we are left with taking recourse to the glorious past and who said what first...Tongue...I have always considered the overall increase of my understanding to the 3 musketeers motto...all for one and one for all...kisne socha is immaterial as long as the understanding improves...

Ivy-
Yes you are right...given enough time...maybe VC could be reconciled...but with the end -date / TRP pressures...maybe the makers do not have the liberty..

Smrth-
Completely agree with you on the locus standii of VC as per the story and VC still coming to the same conclusion as he did yesterday...

...But I still feel that even with DV out of the context (which I have always kept out), I would have liked some more depiction of his urgency, concern and effort to at least find out more from kumud...Not doing so sort of 'dumbed' his character down to that of any other high TRP show - where the men though running million dollar business empires are just plainly passive like the furniture in their homes and who don't 'sense' any undercurrents playing out most times in full daylight ...making it a pure ladies-only playground...

It felt so blase...as if kumud told her that she failed in some school exam..and he's like what?..Why?...Why did I not take time out to teach you? ...and then going OK...do better next time...I know you will come out with flying colors the next time..rum pum pum...

Now if the context was same as the original (19th century) or VC character from beginning was
shown as a dignified, cultured, sophisticated man - a man of ideas but not so much action -  yesterday's response would have been fine... However, the VC adaptation here was of a smart businessman, socially adept, full of life, very hands-on, 'let me roll up my sleeves type of character'...<just for a moment picture Yatin's interpretation here>...this just did not gel with me..

And that is the rage on the U-turn I described...more for the character than the context...this character has now been successfully emasculated into just another high TRP show male member...

Bottomline: Come to the same conclusion...that's fine...but show you went through a process which is consistent with your character...I mean, he has done more to find out about Pramad (meeting the guys who knew him , collecting feedback etc.) before he saw it happen than what he did after he saw it happen...

Ivy-
I am not an expert...So I think that successful shows create characters whose 'features' eventually take a life of their own and transform some of them into role models because they connect & identify with the real life masses. When this image is finally createed only THEN can such characters successfully pass on the message...which could becomes the show's message...

You cannot jumpstart the process...i.e. have the show try to pass-on a message through a set of  characters which have 'features' which are at odds with the message OR which have not yet transformed into role models OR at odds with real life...

Here...kumud is the completed role model... So as long as she is shown fighting against DV within the limited choices she has...which in turn is basis the story context & circumstances...I am fine... the message is being delivered to the right target segment who in real life are in the same circumstances (i.e. young women in marriages where DV is an issue and who face the same binds she is facing)...So wouldn't bother too much about Kumud's family not 'getting it'...most of the real life people in the target segment also have family who does not 'get it'...So its all the more real..So its still Nayi Soch as far as I am concerned...

NOW the problem / rage for me comes when established role models like kumud are made to  reverse their 'features' / message overnight for sake of TRPs...that's where the show makers are committing a crime in my opinion...because that's really short-sightedness and being wholly opportunistic...

Which brings us to Caveat Emptor - Let the Buyer Beware - ...did we really think SP was out to change the world?...So the Topi is and always was on us as viewers...So more Rage...Followed by Depression of knowing I got conned...

Wink

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

smrth-Ivy-Arshics

smrth Goldie
smrth
smrth

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 1:14am | IP Logged
As rejoinder, fetching impressions from some older posts (about character sketch Saras)
CB 31 May P5...

Vaishali,
I don't know how far this perspective is correct. Rt. now am saying just from a viewer's watch point...about Saras too I want to say something...his 'adamance' has extra layer. What we are mockingly forgetting (Sanyasi to Romeo) is that, this character is deeply seeped in spirituality (much more so in the original). I was just going through my earliest post where I had put down my impression on this character. It is holding fast ( kudos to the Cvs for maintained consistency). One observation then was this trait. Coming to the point, spiritualism (earnest one, not a superficial) from early age has some amazing peculiarities. Foremost being a sense of a righteous equanimity that lends kind of a clarity in thoughts (even when they are wrong sometimes, like 'superstition' he held, just look at the conviction) and a steadiness...especially so when that mind is sharp, perspective and absorbing ( of course such mind would have same result- spiritual or NOT, but a certain doggedness with formal, i mean). Here under this attribute Saras may act in steely resolve, which though not intended to hurt someone, may end up doing exactly which was not 'intended', I feel.

And 'older impressions'...

... two windows to a Soul, His Eyes;

...They issue a dare; No lies, no nonsense would be suffered. The deal was simple. Candour and Frankness discharged, as well expected. They demonstrate a straight soul. Integrity so evident; Undiluted Honesty and Unblemished sense of Honour...But what was this? A tinge of sadness! In their unblinking gaze, a slight droop of the eyelids and carefully concealed in them- some melancholy!

Edited by smrth - 17 August 2013 at 1:27am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

truptishree-Ivy-happychappyArshics

smrth Goldie
smrth
smrth

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 1:18am | IP Logged
Hgg, a quick peep.LOL...more later.Smile

Edited by smrth - 17 August 2013 at 1:18am
Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 1:38am | IP Logged

As rejoinder, fetching impressions from some older posts (about character sketch Saras)
CB 31 May P5...

Vaishali,
I don't know how far this perspective is correct. Rt. now am saying just from a viewer's watch point...about Saras too I want to say something...his 'adamance' has extra layer. What we are mockingly forgetting (Sanyasi to Romeo) is that, this character is deeply seeped in spirituality (much more so in the original). I was just going through my earliest post where I had put down my impression on this character. It is holding fast ( kudos to the Cvs for maintained consistency). One observation then was this trait. Coming to the point, spiritualism (earnest one, not a superficial) from early age has some amazing peculiarities. Foremost being a sense of a righteous equanimity that lends kind of a clarity in thoughts (even when they are wrong sometimes, like 'superstition' he held, just look at the conviction) and a steadiness...especially so when that mind is sharp, perspective and absorbing ( of course such mind would have same result- spiritual or NOT, but a certain doggedness with formal, i mean). Here under this attribute Saras may act in steely resolve, which though not intended to hurt someone, may end up doing exactly which was not 'intended', I feel.

...They issue a dare; No lies, no nonsense would be suffered. The deal was simple. Candour and Frankness discharged, as well expected. They demonstrate a straight soul. Integrity so evident; Undiluted Honesty and Unblemished sense of Honour...But what was this? A tinge of sadness! In their unblinking gaze, a slight droop of the eyelids and carefully concealed in them- some melancholy!

I understood and liked Saras going to the spot where his mothers samarpan happened, it's probably, doing something for Kumud, and thus reaching out to his mother. Does he feel some sort of guilt - he was there, he saw what happened, but couldn't save him mom? 

So by saving Kumud's marriage, he is cleansing his own soul, taking reference from smrth? Is that so? 

But why the 30 day kasam? Isn't that TRP hero giri? 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Ivy-KK84

hotdogg Senior Member
hotdogg
hotdogg

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 1:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by arshicritic

CB 31 May P5...

Vaishali,

I understood and liked Saras going to the spot where his mothers samarpan happened, it's probably, doing something for Kumud, and thus reaching out to his mother. Does he feel some sort of guilt - he was there, he saw what happened, but couldn't save him mom? 

So by saving Kumud's marriage, he is cleansing his own soul, taking reference from smrth? Is that so? 

methinks he went there to kill himself...there were dialogues about 'coming to meet you mom types'...the guilt he felt had no other way to be absolved because he finally realised that in addition to kumud...he has destroyed an entire family AND there is no reversing the clock...then before the final dip...he again remembered kumud...and felt that what is she was forced to also take the path of her mom to end it all going forwards...

that's when he said I will forget my lov and better her marriage...which in turn is resetting everyone to previous state...a happily married kumud...But without saras...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Ivy-happychappy

KK84 IF-Rockerz
KK84
KK84

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 1:50am | IP Logged

Originally posted by KK84

Originally posted by KK84

Originally posted by happychappy

Arshi, I am torn...

Cant decide who is more bonkers,

the Desais or the Dharamadhikaris? or me...Dead

Cannot see why I am watching this...(leaving aside force of habit)

Imagine, if todays episode of SC was the only one you ever saw, say while surfing the channels, having newly arrived from Mars, say...what wd you think? Wd you say "ah this looks interesting, need to watch this show and discuss it threadbare every night...???"LOL

a. overdressed women/girls cheerleading daughter living with abusive husband
b. rona-dhona of parents/bua (next to the tulsi in the aaangan, of course)
c. oath taken by tikka-bearing ganja-wearing guy in middle of pond
d. roadside knife-wielding dakus in precap... mangalsutra caught in mid-air by hero(Rajnikant fan!?)

Obviously, Not.

And that is what we have come down to...Ouch

So well said. I don't know whether to believe that kumud conveniently forgot to mention that her husband not only is a sharaabi, hasn't accepted her but was violent too? Or have the desais decided to be ignorant on that matter as they can't see what an alcoholic is capable of?

Haven't seen the epi but dil Beth sa Gaya hai. Kumud all out to change Pramaad n Saras playing Cupid...show ka hero kahi sidekick na banjaaye and kumud Pramad in the end saying that's bye bye to their messiah who will smile and walk away towards the sunset! THE END!

OR is this show really gonna follow the novel? Pataa nahin? Not read it but from wiki I didn't think it was abt saras uniting the two? I thought he would help Mr B get his position and then move on until he stumbles upon Kumud again? Are they gonna follow this route? If so then there is umeed Ki kiran! Don't give up on it yet!

I am also getting very super annoyed at how CVs who showed how desperate sunny was looking for saras..it was his idea to want to meet Kumud...infront of him VC says abt pagphere and yahaan Saab ka kuch pataa nahi? Why hasn't kusum informed him that kumud is back so he can then find out?

The problem here has always been the lack of cpmpleteness in characters. They show something then lose focus just like dukbaas husband! He was out to get badlaa n all n it just fizzled out with Kumari never really saying that she met him etc n the very obvious one is Danny! What was the need of having him if he was gna be boycott like this!

Sach mein I feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall saying the same things but nothing changes!

I watch this show for Gautam Rode and to support him because he is a gem of a person warna I wudve been done with this show the day the confession happened(like for many of us...)

Kat, incomplete threads, half baked characterization seems to be the order here. Story tracks are haphazard, anyway, I hope that the story will end in a couple of months. A speedy death and a quick burial and we shall all be at peace

Arshi in a matter of two days they have reduced us to wanting the show to actually end!! When it was announced that SC may get replaced we were all dying with worry inside but kya maha butchering ki ke we all praying that it ends!

Sach mein perhaps Starplus have learnt from past that to get fans off their backs if they stop the show awein...lets crucify it to cringe worthy material ke audience se Saha na jai aur morcha nikaaley ke for our sanity iss show ok bandh Karo!

Sach mein mujhe Novel ka ending manzoor hai but not this whole Saras making it his life mission to make sure Kumud's marriage works!

Actually kat, believe it or not, what we term cringe worthy, actually does generate mass viewership!

So I think, this masala is actually towards mass popularization of sc! Only it will be a different kind of viewership, but its a number game, and sp has always been about mass appeal and not catering to a niche.

Arshi it's beyond me to understand that this is appealing to the masses. I thought masses would want kumud and saras to unite. This asides that has no logic...aren't the masses all abt new India now? Abt freedom to women and all.

Anyway after a good nights sleep i feel more calm and a part of me does understand Kumud's stance...she feels she can change him n make her marriage work then fair play cos end of the day she hasn't been in this marriage for years and years n seen no change but still keeps going.

She stood up to Pramaad once she became all sherni n kind of like has taken the avtaar of maa kaali. She will bring that change in him, destruct all the bad in him.

But they still needed to show the family put on a bit of a fight but is that because of how kumud has always been? They have always listened to her and had faith in her decisions. This is consistent. Her decision has always been heeded to be it right or wrong.

The logical and more real to the novel will be that they keep Pramaad the same n she is pushed out of the BD mansion. Pramaad then does and the rest we all know! But still change the ending so boys n girls there is still hope.

The parts I still don't agree to is sunny's dissapearance n supposedly kusum's appearance in BD mansion Ouch
Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 1:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hotdogg

CB 31 May P5...

Vaishali,

methinks he went there to kill himself...there were dialogues about 'coming to meet you mom types'...the guilt he felt had no other way to be absolved because he finally realised that in addition to kumud...he has destroyed an entire family AND there is no reversing the clock...then before the final dip...he again remembered kumud...and felt that what is she was forced to also take the path of her mom to end it all going forwards...

that's when he said I will forget my lov and better her marriage...which in turn is resetting everyone to previous state...a happily married kumud...But without saras...

Oh! That I completely missed out! Phir se dekhna padega. 

But is it in Saras's nature to do something so drastic? Isn't he a fixer? The one who takes on burdens of work to ease burdens of souls - a part of his inflict pain on self! And by giving earned gains where he can't give love? 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

happychappy

shubsmayur Groupbie
shubsmayur
shubsmayur

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 2:00am | IP Logged

Originally posted by shana0127

frankly speaking i am bored now ...even my hopeful heart is going hopeless now...i think i need a break now ...will watch monday episode of saras saving kumud...if that episode gives hope for samud will continue my watch or...just stop watching...coz i cant see a show when i myself am hopeless 

Come on, Shana, abhi toh hero ne nasha mukti Kendra khola hai. 30 din main sharab churvayaen varna paise wapas! 

Saath main patniyon ke liye pati to vash main karne ka mantra free! Mahan jyotish acharya Sri Sri 

Saraswatichandra Navin ji ki kripa se! 

@ arshi-very true LOL, i really don't understand this trp game, the same kind of story  people are not fed with up with it, there are so many shows, where HDDS track have been repeated can't they show something new, there are so many options according to today's scenario, she can divorce pramad and live a very dignified life, she can run business of her father stand on her own feet no need to marry saras in haste took her own time and rethink abt. their relationship lots of other ways to deal with the story but tv shows and creativity both never go hand in hand until this trp game prevails.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ShanUlas

Go to top