Saraswatichandra

Crisp Bytes SC - 16th aug 13 - Page 3

hotdogg thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Arshi...

like an addict...I know its bad for my health...but I keep returning to the show for my daily fix...or even like a tiny fix!!!

hmm...so maybe a little sanity today...

following from your marvelous synopsis on POVs in last epi discussion thread...I can relate to kumud somewhat
1) she's been third time unlucky...that's the absolute pits...shouldn't happen to anyone..

2) and there's the huge marriage tied to family pratistha issue tied to VC as head of the house still ...she was always daddy's little girl and subconsiously cannot be the person who blames her dad for the shit she is in..doing so thereby destroys VC's facade of fatherly responsibilty of protecting his little girl...thereby becoming a daughter destroying her own father...thereby destroying one of her identities...a hindi word here...her astitva...without VC the father, there is no kumd his darling daughter...so she's shifted the entire blame to herself by emphatically stating its was her decision...

3) now once she's progressed on this choice path...to backtrack even a little means revisiting #2...

4) so she's stuck once again in this horrible situation like a broken record...first it was her astitva related to her love for saras ...and now its her astitva related to her love for her dad...

5) add to this mixture..her own innate stubborness, guts, never give up spirit

6) her love for her dad is strongest...stronger than her love for saras...so while she may or may not forgive saras...there is no way in hell she is going to go along the path of forgiving her dad because to do so means #2 all over again...where you will need to start with the blaming first... did you notice her emphasis on (i) it was my decision (ii) recourse to #5

7) AND she still knows...though she won't admit it yet...it's all wrong...
To quote from The Matrix:
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. ...that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.

So maybe...the recourse to the all-powerful destiny... its fuzzy logic conveniently explains & fills in the blank / illogic spots cause by the various splinters driven in her mind by everyone...and once she takes recourse in this destiny, she doesn't need to probe further internally...

Loved Ivy's description of this state...her eyes are screaming SOS though her actions are otherwise...

DB / Guniyal-
Nope...no redemption for these two yet...this change seems permanent...sacrificed to TRP Maiya..This is a wrong note both from the novel and the show's earlier adaptation POV..

Got my hopes up when Guniyal started the discussion on Independence Day ...but what a damp squib the subsequent discussion turned out to be!

Raged when DB stopped VC from making kumud promise to tell all whever she's in trouble...I was like Say What!...W*F?? 😡... Why are you tieing up kumud ...Can't you see the screaming SOS in her eyes (Thanks again Ivy!)

A great pity and loss overall...

VC-
Finally he got to see the light...But...
Most illogic reaction...what will a dad nornally do when he realizes he pushed his own daughter in the deep end?...Make corrections...One of which would be to first remove the daughter from the cause of her misery...which is to take up DBs earlier call...PROBE what else is wrong?...is she suffering in any way?...Or no way are you going back... 

But what does our guy do?...Says  I have no face / right etc...So I will accept whatever she says...

That's total bunkum...Yet another smaller sacrifice to TRP Maiya...small because even in the novel..VC's prime motive was log kya kahenge..

Saras-
Finally he gets some of it...He has no locus standii now...He needs to support and forget her..

BTW: In that last scene... I was thinking that the earlier water scene had some dirty pond thing...now where did this large river-like thing come from...but luckily he clarified it...this was the place where his mother ko 'samarpeet kiya  tha'...so maybe this was the river where her ashes were immersed...

Did not get the last line...30 days mein shaadi theek karwa doonga...was ROFL...especially when he said it in the Mr. So Serious half-growl...
1) Is this a cheeky way of the PH (new, old) or SP telling the viewers that 30 days is the new extension?...so all crazies still watching this ...Growl : "please get this / read our lips...30 days and its all over...fin..the end...now go home and get some sleep.."
2) OO hero!...khud ki shaadi to theek se 2 baar karwa nahin paaya...now he's going to go out and make theek se of kumud's marriage!!

To quote from Conan O'Brien's Harvard Commencement speech in 2000:
When all else fails, there is always delusion!

..Pure TRP Maiya...Mr. Hero can't be wrong ever...

Edited by hotdogg - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KK84 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: kaadal

Arshi your yesterday's CB was the best. I didn't like the episode at all. Till now I understood Kumud wrapping up Pramad's character but the family supporting her and Dughbaa too doesn't really go down well with their characters. How can they sent her back like this ? And today Saras vows tohelp Kumud have a good life with Pramad, so reform Pramad. Why am I feeling sad that I am still watching this 😕

So aaj ki naari ladegi apne pati ko sahi raste mein laane keliye, sasural waale kushi se phoole na samayenge itni aagyakari bahu jo mili hai aur apna hero abh sach mein HERO banke apne pyaar ko tyaag kar usse jeewan saathi ke saath kush dekhne keliye shabath le raha hai.

Now if this PH reforms Pramad, shows Kumud as aaj ki naari and Saras happy seeing the married couple as nayi soch, I am going to be so upset for Tripatiji. He didn't write "Saraswathichandra" for this. Sorry for venting like this but from yesterday I don't even understand what I am watching. Why are all the characters in shambles ?

Read my post!! Our thoughts are exact!! Yaar I feel like crying! Not sure what CVs ke mind mein chal raha hai. How is this good for trps?
ShanUlas thumbnail
frankly speaking i am bored now ...even my hopeful heart is going hopeless now...i think i need a break now ...will watch monday episode of saras saving kumud...if that episode gives hope for samud will continue my watch or...just stop watching...coz i cant see a show when i myself am hopeless 
khanrocks thumbnail
Ttuley ate a tragic couple
Arshics thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: KK84

So well said. I don't know whether to believe that kumud conveniently forgot to mention that her husband not only is a sharaabi, hasn't accepted her but was violent too? Or have the desais decided to be ignorant on that matter as they can't see what an alcoholic is capable of?

Haven't seen the epi but dil Beth sa Gaya hai. Kumud all out to change Pramaad n Saras playing Cupid...show ka hero kahi sidekick na banjaaye and kumud Pramad in the end saying that's bye bye to their messiah who will smile and walk away towards the sunset! THE END!

OR is this show really gonna follow the novel? Pataa nahin? Not read it but from wiki I didn't think it was abt saras uniting the two? I thought he would help Mr B get his position and then move on until he stumbles upon Kumud again? Are they gonna follow this route? If so then there is umeed Ki kiran! Don't give up on it yet!

I am also getting very super annoyed at how CVs who showed how desperate sunny was looking for saras..it was his idea to want to meet Kumud...infront of him VC says abt pagphere and yahaan Saab ka kuch pataa nahi? Why hasn't kusum informed him that kumud is back so he can then find out?

The problem here has always been the lack of cpmpleteness in characters. They show something then lose focus just like dukbaas husband! He was out to get badlaa n all n it just fizzled out with Kumari never really saying that she met him etc n the very obvious one is Danny! What was the need of having him if he was gna be boycott like this!

Sach mein I feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall saying the same things but nothing changes!

I watch this show for Gautam Rode and to support him because he is a gem of a person warna I wudve been done with this show the day the confession happened(like for many of us...)

Kat, incomplete threads, half baked characterization seems to be the order here. Story tracks are haphazard, anyway, I hope that the story will end in a couple of months. A speedy death and a quick burial and we shall all be at peace
Arshics thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: hotdogg

Arshi...

like an addict...I know its bad for my health...but I keep returning to the show for my daily fix...or even like a tiny fix!!!

following from your marvelous synopsis on POVs in last epi discussion thread...I can relate to kumud somewhat
1) she's been third time unlucky...that's the absolute pits...shouldn't happen to anyone..

2) and there's the huge marriage tied to family pratistha issue tied to VC as head of the house still ...she was always daddy's little girl and subconsiously cannot be the person who blames her dad for the shit she is in..doing so thereby destroys VC's facade of fatherly responsibilty of protecting his little girl...thereby becoming a daughter destroying her own father...thereby destroying one of her identities...a hindi word here...her astitva...without VC the father, there is no kumd his darling daughter...so she's shifted the entire blame to herself by emphatically stating its was her decision...

3) now once she's progressed on this choice path...to backtrack even a little means revisiting #2...

4) so she's stuck once again in this horrible situation like a broken record...first it was her astitva related to her love for saras ...and now its her astitva related to her love for her dad...

6) her love for her dad is strongest...stronger than her love for saras...so while she may or may not forgive saras...there is no way in hell she is going to go along the path of forgiving her dad because to do so means #2 all over again...where you will need to start with the blaming first... did you notice her emphasis on (i) it was my decision (ii) recourse to #5

What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. ...that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.

So maybe...the recourse to the all-powerful destiny... its fuzzy logic conveniently explains & fills in the blank / illogic spots cause by the various splinters driven in her mind by everyone...and once she takes recourse in this destiny, she doesn't need to probe further internally...

Loved Ivy's description of this state...her eyes are screaming SOS though her actions are otherwise...

DB / Guniyal-
Nope...no redemption for these two yet...this change seems permanent...sacrificed to TRP Maiya..This is a wrong note both from the novel and the show's earlier adaptation POV..

Got my hopes up when Guniyal started the discussion on Independence Day ...but what a damp squib the subsequent discussion turned out to be!

Raged when DB stopped VC from making kumud promise to tell all whever she's in trouble...I was like Say What!...W*F?? 😡... Why are you tieing up kumud ...Can't you see the screaming SOS in her eyes (Thanks again Ivy!)

VC-
Most illogic reaction...what will a dad nornally do when he realizes he pushed his own daughter in the deep end?...Make corrections...One of which would be to first remove the daughter from the cause of her misery...which is to take up DBs earlier call...PROBE what else is wrong?...is she suffering in any way?...Or no way are you going back... 

But what does our guy do?...Says  I have no face / right etc...So I will accept whatever she says...

That's total bunkum...Yet another smaller sacrifice to TRP Maiya...small because even in the novel..VC's prime motive was log kya kahenge..

Saras-
Finally he gets some of it...He has no locus standii now...He needs to support and forget her..

BTW: In that last scene... I was thinking that the earlier water scene had some dirty pond thing...now where did this large river-like thing come from...but luckily he clarified it...this was the place where his mother ko 'samarpeet kiya  tha'...so maybe this was the river where her ashes were immersed...

Did not get the last line...30 days mein shaadi theek karwa doonga...was ROFL...especially when he said it in the Mr. So Serious half-growl...
1) Is this a cheeky way of the PH (new, old) or SP telling the viewers that 30 days is the new extension?...so all crazies still watching this ...Growl : "please get this / read our lips...30 days and its all over...fin..the end...now go home and get some sleep.."
2) OO hero!...khud ki shaadi to theek se 2 baar karwa nahin paaya...now he's going to go out and make theek se of kumud's marriage!!

Loved your post hgg. Oo hero khud ki shaadi to theek se ... Priceless 

Ya, why put a 30 day limit? How illogical. Alcoholism + arrogance+ no love for his wife + inferiority complex - sab yeh 30 din main sort out karke theek kar dega. Maybe through his superb jyotish vidya! 

Ab kya, I hope 30 days and even the story will be over . 
twila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: hotdogg

Arshi...

2) and there's the huge marriage tied to family pratistha issue tied to VC as head of the house still ...she was always daddy's little girl and subconsiously cannot be the person who blames her dad for the shit she is in..doing so thereby destroys VC's facade of fatherly responsibilty of protecting his little girl...thereby becoming a daughter destroying her own father...thereby destroying one of her 

DB / Guniyal-

VC-

Saras-

Hgg Bhaii...

What a Post above   ... Absolutely Brillianttt...   Please take a Bow .   👏👏

You have analysed all the scenes and the characters... everything so Precisely ... Not one word to be added or subtracted ...  Perfect Analysis of the epi ... what a Dear Friend of mine would call 24 Carat Gold ...   ⭐️⭐️  and with just that added touch of  Humour  ...Thoroughly Enjoyed it .        😊

I guess ... this is the spirit with which to go ahead  ... Not take anything too seriously ...Take it as a Masala movie to be enjoyed with its loads of drama ... a tearjerker ... with the  " all Sacrificing  Mahaan Hero and Heroine  ...and laugh at the outrageous .     😊

Thanks once again for a really Wonderful post .  . 

Edited by twila - 10 years ago
smrth thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Arshi,
Actually it was a midway resolution of certain hanging questions. Narrative has broadly tackled VC's guilt. And it also compared SC's share in cohort. Furthermore, the girl also valiantly tried to shoulder the 'guilt' on crutch of her fate-" meri kismet ka faisla, mera faiska". Remember our discussion on 'mera faisala"? Is this narrative assigning any actual 'Decision making' honestly on her? As noted then...
And against all these contexts, first half intercut between Kumud's dialogue and Saras's rumination at Gate was a significant script. .Ivy may analyse it well, I hope. But i dislike Kusum's appearance in Gallary...In bet'n as guessed yesterday, he didn't turn up inside Haweli. Curious, where did he put up? Temple beside the lake? And where is Sunny?  I clap the actor VC, he showed the grief deep...as for our  angers on what we are seeing and 'nonadherence- to- the source'- well, at least on VC- Saras guilt cohort part, the book noted it exactly like this. So perhaps, is it more a frustration over what we want to see but not getting and resultant disappointments?😲

Edited by smrth - 10 years ago
khanrocks thumbnail
Just want samud in one frame
happychappy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks again for the source alignment data Smrth!

What I ws most frustrated about is the murdering of the characters - VC says he has no right to stop K going back. D'ba goes further and will not even let him extractva promise from K that she will keepthem in the loop...The two sisters and Kho-kaki all cheerleaders for K going back to abusive husband! These charcters were not expected to behave in this manner so that causes dismay... They seemed to be clueless about the danger to K... this is not a sport to be cheering from the sidelines!!

Is this how DV is to be tackled? What a message? How many lives are lost/ damaged because of these sort of attitudes... Why did he not show it  as happening in the 19th century?

Edited by happychappy - 10 years ago