Balika Vadhu

India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

Was difficulty in Jagya's new life a given? (Page 5)

sectoreight Goldie
sectoreight
sectoreight

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 5:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Skepblun

[ Singhs' obsession with her will affect day to day life for those who live there in BH. It's one thing to love someone but it's different to be so obsessed with someone that you only keep talking about her or comparing others with her or recalling her memories openly in whatever that happens.

I think that this is just a function of time and space .  Currently they are feeling grief over her departure, her wedding has been recent, and there is some type of void in their lives which they have not been able to come to terms with.

I highly doubt that this will go on for years together after the new bahu comes in.

Anandi too has lots of time hanging on her hands, so she rushes to Jayetsar at the drop of a hat.

After two babies and an NGO, she too will settle in to the Udaipur haveli and make herself scarce.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

leavesandwaves

seetha74 IF-Dazzler
seetha74
seetha74

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 6:31am | IP Logged
Another serious point  here.  Some times a character will become so uncontrollable...that  it will grow beyond writer's perceptions...it will develop it's own identity ... outgrow ...beyond the reach of the writer. Great writers like Sarath Chandra  and Ravindranath tagore,[Paru in Devdas... Lalita in Parineeta...KIRANMAYI in Charitraheen  and Binodini in CHOKHER BALI]were once victims of this unique situation...becoming a puppet in the hands of their own creation .--- In BV, Anandi is such an iconic character. The writer has set some goals for this character...after certain time Anandi   outgrow beyond Purnendu's perception...may be because of the great action of PRATUSHA...gave a new definition  to that  role...Amulet to the serial.   The writer was  with bated breath watching his character  with  amazement. .and  stunned for the popularity which got beyond anybody's imagination. Then the change!!!??? of the actress . Here also  I think he was in helpless situation...that iconic character became a mere spectator  with some wrong expressions... Again people confused and the reaction was so serious that ...the writer has to remind us every now and then the greatness of that character. I think that is one of  the main reasons  for this comparison...reminding us the iconic status of that character..  

Edited by SEETHA.K - 19 August 2013 at 6:41am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

koolsadhu1000leavesandwaves

koolsadhu1000 IF-Sizzlerz
koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 7:14am | IP Logged
seetha all the character u mentioned above r my favorites coz bengali literature is a passion

completely agree with ur post

seetha74

leavesandwaves IF-Sizzlerz
leavesandwaves
leavesandwaves

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 7:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SEETHA.K

Another serious point  here.  Some times a character will become so uncontrollable...that  it will grow beyond writer's perceptions...it will develop it's own identity ... outgrow ...beyond the reach of the writer. Great writers like Sarath Chandra  and Ravindranath tagore,[Paru in Devdas... Lalita in Parineeta...KIRANMAYI in Charitraheen  and Binodini in CHOKHER BALI]were once victims of this unique situation...becoming a puppet in the hands of their own creation .--- In BV, Anandi is such an iconic character. The writer has set some goals for this character...after certain time Anandi   outgrow beyond Purnendu's perception...may be because of the great action of PRATUSHA...gave a new definition  to that  role...Amulet to the serial.   The writer was  with bated breath watching his character  with  amazement. .and  stunned for the popularity which got beyond anybody's imagination. Then the change!!!??? of the actress . Here also  I think he was in helpless situation...that iconic character became a mere spectator  with some wrong expressions... Again people confused and the reaction was so serious that ...the writer has to remind us every now and then the greatness of that character. I think that is one of  the main reasons  for this comparison...reminding us the iconic status of that character..  

And there is this Frankenstein's monster too.LOL

seetha74

seetha74 IF-Dazzler
seetha74
seetha74

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 7:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by koolsadhu1000

seetha all the character u mentioned above r my favorites coz bengali literature is a passion

completely agree with ur post
I  am lucky to read all these books when I was in high school. This foundation gave me  an opportunity  to venture in to the  world literature...which opened up new vistas to  my  perception.

leavesandwaves

sectoreight Goldie
sectoreight
sectoreight

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 7:50am | IP Logged
skepblun

I have really been thinking about your post.  I am thinking the comparison to anandi would only be debilitating to people with low self-esteem. 

For people with high self-esteem (i.e. like me LOLLOL) ,  I would decide if the prize were worthy enough to stick it out in that situation ( prize= being jagya's wife)... and then I would set my goal so that instead of people saying 

"sector eight is exactly like anandi",

I would see it as a fun game and ensure that after a while they changed their basis of comparison and said

"anandi is exactly like sector eight"   and turn the tables on the situation

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

I have an uncle who is very famous in India,  his son lived in his shadow a long time.

He was always known as the "son of famous father"   

He didn't like it but worked hard to develop his own identity.

Now the uncle is called "father of famous son"

A person with low self-esteem might have been debilitated by the comparison. But a person with high-self esteem can work hard to form a new benchmark for comparison.

The new benchmark would be "exactly like sectoreight" LOLLOL

Edited by sectoreight - 19 August 2013 at 7:50am

seetha74

sectoreight Goldie
sectoreight
sectoreight

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 9:13am | IP Logged
and quite frankly, this is also a lesson in speaking up for yourself.

If I were bahu # 2,  and people were comparing me to anandi,

I would just flat out say  "Please don't compare me to her. I am unique in my own right.  Just because I don't do things like anandi, it does not matter. She had her way of doing things and that is perfectly okay. I have my own way of doing things and that too is perfectly okay.  We can both do things differently and still be excellent."

Sometimes people don't realize what they are doing, or if it is offensive to you.  You need to tell them when your toes are stepped on, otherwise they keep standing on them. How will they know whether you are feeling pain or not?

And people have different perspectives.

Just the other day, I interviewed for a position, and I found out towards the end of the interview that it was a work from home position because they don't have office space.  The interviewer thought it was a great benefit (extra benefit) that I had the flexibility to work from home.

I on the other hand knew that this was a dead end for me.  I told him flat out.  I need to go to work in an office because it gives me structure and discipline.  I cant work from home, not for me, because my dream job doesn't constitute lollygagging around in my pyjamas until noon every day.   In addition, I cant work from home for extenuating reasons. I have problems at home.

It was just a different perspective and he was stunned because he thought I would do cartwheels, and I outright turned the job down. LOLLOL

What I'm saying is people usually view things from their own perspective, and if we have other views we need to just communicate them flat out.
leavesandwaves IF-Sizzlerz
leavesandwaves
leavesandwaves

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sectoreight

skepblun

I have really been thinking about your post.  I am thinking the comparison to anandi would only be debilitating to people with low self-esteem. 

For people with high self-esteem (i.e. like me LOLLOL) ,  I would decide if the prize were worthy enough to stick it out in that situation ( prize= being jagya's wife)... and then I would set my goal so that instead of people saying 

"sector eight is exactly like anandi",

I would see it as a fun game and ensure that after a while they changed their basis of comparison and said

"anandi is exactly like sector eight"   and turn the tables on the situation

ROFL

I have an uncle who is very famous in India,  his son lived in his shadow a long time.

He was always known as the "son of famous father"   

He didn't like it but worked hard to develop his own identity.

Now the uncle is called "father of famous son"

A person with low self-esteem might have been debilitated by the comparison. But a person with high-self esteem can work hard to form a new benchmark for comparison.

The new benchmark would be "exactly like sectoreight" LOLLOL

Farhan akhtar?

Go to top