Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Alka bashes todays singers (Page 9)

Shaitan-Haiwan IF-Sizzlerz
Shaitan-Haiwan
Shaitan-Haiwan

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 7:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zaahira

IMO Shilpa Rao, and Monali Thakkar are great. Shalmoli Kholade, and Anushka Manchanda are good too. She forgot Sunidhi Chauhan, who is a far more versatile singer than Shreya Ghoshal and IMO has a better voice too.

The songs aren't as great these days, and neither are the singers, but they're not as bad as some people are making it out to be. Every now and then some great songs come our way, and most of them get their due in terms of awards and popularity.

Sunidhi is not more versatile. She always sings the same kinds of songs. Those fast item type songs.

Whereas Shreya can do melody and fast numbers. Chikni Chameli being the strongest example.

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 7:34am | IP Logged
Once people are past their prime they sound so bitter. Alka is no better. But she is talented and no one can take it away from her. I do hope she finds another outlet for her talent. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

TheAquaCapribriahna.Bongsookie.

TheAquaCapri IF-Dazzler
TheAquaCapri
TheAquaCapri

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 7:38am | IP Logged
Alka is one of my favorite Bollywood singers, and i partially disagree with her because there are good talented singers this gen as well. Being a legendary she should motivate young talent and not discourage.
.Bongsookie. IF-Sizzlerz
.Bongsookie.
.Bongsookie.

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 7:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shaitan-Haiwan

IMO Shilpa Rao, and Monali Thakkar are great. Shalmoli Kholade, and Anushka Manchanda are good too. She forgot Sunidhi Chauhan, who is a far more versatile singer than Shreya Ghoshal and IMO has a better voice too.

The songs aren't as great these days, and neither are the singers, but they're not as bad as some people are making it out to be. Every now and then some great songs come our way, and most of them get their due in terms of awards and popularity.

Sunidhi is not more versatile. She always sings the same kinds of songs. Those fast item type songs.

Whereas Shreya can do melody and fast numbers. Chikni Chameli being the strongest example.

Udi, Ishq Sufiyana, Mere Haath Mein, Chor Bazaari, Mehboob Mere and Bhaage Re Mann aren't your typical fast numbers. Her slower rhythmic numbers are just as melodic and powerful as her faster songs.

Shreya has only Chikni Chameli and Radha as fast songs to her credit otherwise she sings the same type of songs.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Hello_kittaChameli_billi

MeeraXD Goldie
MeeraXD
MeeraXD

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 6:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ronshaan

Originally posted by aavshi

Her time is up so she is just bashing other new singers... you NEED A LIFE WOMAN!! plus most new singers sound better and are more versatile than you... its true!

i do not agree with u
that's why old music last more then new music
that's why we remember old songs and dont remember the new songs
I know that it is your point of view... but c'mon lets face reality here. Why would she say that all singers except Shreya Ghosal cant sing? Firstly that's a rude thing to say and coming from a professional like her just shatters the sense and epitomic value of her own music. I agree that Shreya is a great singer, but there are other singers, for example, javed ali, amit trivedi etc who have delivered great masterpieces which too an extent I believe will be remembered in the future. And talking about the future here, how can we say that today's music would not last? (unless we have a time machine or something). Coming back to alka, I still think that she is just out of work like Abhijeet who keeps making nasty comments about the music industry... forgetting that they were once part of it. Alka was good in her time but that doesn't mean that she makes such unevaluated comments about today's singersOuch.

woow... I need ranjhana playlist now!!Wink
Hello_kitta IF-Rockerz
Hello_kitta
Hello_kitta

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 6:57am | IP Logged

Udi, Ishq Sufiyana, Mere Haath Mein, Chor Bazaari, Mehboob Mere and Bhaage Re Mann aren't your typical fast numbers. Her slower rhythmic numbers are just as melodic and powerful as her faster songs.

Shreya has only Chikni Chameli and Radha as fast songs to her credit otherwise she sings the same type of songs.

Thumbs Up

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Chameli_billi.Bongsookie.

music_masti Goldie
music_masti
music_masti

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 7:44am | IP Logged
alka dint bash any one...all here are bashing alka...

the words from alka interview

"I really don't admire any of the singers. You need to see how long they'll sustain their careers in the industry because the music world is changing. I don't see anybody apart from Shreya (Ghoshal) who is stable."

what bashing she do...

yes she said

"

what really matters is your run in the music world race. Earlier, people might have been in the industry for two decades, now that's not the case." 

this is why she said shreya is stable...she dint said abt versatile or anything...all here were saying sunidhi verstile blah blah...she only said shreya is stable in her posotion..no other singers is not giving any competition to her...that;sy she said they lack hardwork...

at alka's time...lata and asha were prominent...but alka, kavitha, saadhna...and even poornima got as much songs to be in the race and competition...

even award function..we can see the nomination for diffrnt singers...

but today's case hows it...3 songs of shreya...1 song of sunidhi..a.nd one sonmg another singer for the purpose of nominations...

i made one thrd saying..now in movies noo songs for female singers...still how shreya only manages to get good 3-4 songs...that shows shreya's calibre and alka's stement right...
pathaka IF-Dazzler
pathaka
pathaka

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 3:52pm | IP Logged

not to forget, Bhumro, Meri zindagi mein aaye ho, kaisi paheli zindagani, mast, aa zara, mere haath mein and plenty of other slow/rhythmic numbers... 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Bongsookie.

Go to top