Posted: 16 August 2013 at 11:28am | IP Logged
honestly i think i am the only one to agree with her

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ronshaanThe-Voice

Shaitan-Haiwan IF-Sizzlerz
Shaitan-Haiwan
Shaitan-Haiwan

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 11:38am | IP Logged
Also I find it strange that Alka is complaining about the lack of melody and meaning in songs. For an established singer, she doesn't seem to know much about music.

I think Aashiqu2i soundtrack is the perfect example of how WRONG she is. Aashiqui-2 is probably going to sweep all the awards and I find the songs of that movie extremely Indian...meaningful, soulful and melodic

There was also vast appreciation for Lootera as well, another full on Indian album.

So I don't know what she is talking about. She sounds like those old aunties that complain about the new generation. There is nothing wrong with songs like Badtameez Dil, or Balam Pichkari. or even the songs from Race2. That is what the young generation WANTS TO HEAR.

Young people like to party. They need a certain style of music to go with that. Unless Alka wants to them to play melodic songs at the club too? Maybe they should play Sawar Loon at the local club so everyone can get trashed and have fun right?

Songs like Badtameez Dil ARE music and appeal to a different audience as well. Not every song has to sound like Mere Humsafar from Refugee. She needs a reality check.

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 16 August 2013 at 11:38am

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

RangeelaaILoveDramaHakunaMatata.subha_rath2004ForeverSHINeesania_12Onyx.Kya.Bolta.TuBingeTheEmpressAblazedEnigma..ViccoTurmeric.ProperPatolaCHIPPEDCUPReal.MadridTani91-SMay31-.Bongsookie.DestroyedInLovePureBlissSharif.Badmaash

Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 11:39am | IP Logged
I agree and disagree with her. New singers and up and coming talent should be recognized and it is I'm glad that new people are getting chances to sing in bollywood like Arijit, Monali, Papon, Nikhil, Shalmali, Shilpa etc but I do agree that wish there was more versatility for the older singers too I thought it was nice to see Udit sing for Radha in SOTY

As for Shreya - the woman is in a league of her own as is Sunidhi, both are exceptionally talented and versatile with their range.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

subha_rath2004HakunaMatata..Bongsookie.

Kai. IF-Sizzlerz
Kai.
Kai.

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 11:57am | IP Logged
i agree with her regarding lack of melody and meaning in the current songs! Very few stand out and most of them sound similar to earlier songs! 

However, i don't buy the part she is not singing as she doesn't approve of the songs rather than lack of work! Shaan is very vocal about how 90s singers are not getting much work and today's music directors seek for raw voice than for professional trained singers!

The music has also changed in recent times, now demand is more for peppy / club numbers not melodious songs! Alka's voice won't suit!

Btw, Lata even though considered a legendary singer she hardly had sung in past decade or so! She is not complaining??

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

subha_rath2004_Darling_Tani91

pakeezah IF-Sizzlerz
pakeezah
pakeezah

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 8:47pm | IP Logged
There are wonderful singers nowadays, yaar! 

The amount of talent is astonishing. And the amount

of competition...the youngsters face. I commend them.

Alka had it rough because the Mageshkar sisters were

monopolizing it was only later she and Kavita Krishnamoorty

could muscle their way in.

Shreya is a favourite of mine too. Classy confident and grounded.

I love her. 
Krishnala- IF-Dazzler
Krishnala-
Krishnala-

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
she praised only ONE female singer?Confused   Sunidhi is as good as Shreya and she is there for a long time..
Shilpa Rao, Neeti Mohan (Jia re, ishq wala love), Palak (Laapata, chahoo ma ya na) are also rising singers.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Real.Madrid.Bongsookie.

pathaka IF-Dazzler
pathaka
pathaka

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 9:30pm | IP Logged
I hate the excuse older veterans give than "today's music dosent have any meaning...old songs had melody...todays songs dunt have melody"...
are u kidding me?

firstly todays songs are much more diverse in their geners (rock, jazz, indian folk, classical, western, trance...etc) and are melodious...MDs experiment with different voices and singers and its not always that shrill female voice that is considered good... and todays lyricists are soo extremely talented...they dunt just write variations of "hum tumse pyaar karte hai" or "aap hamare dil mein rehete hai" or clich stuff like tht...I mean, look at the lyrics today "Ankaheen" in lootera,or "Zinda" in BMB, or "Tum tak" in Raanjhanaa...soo innovatively written... ..and melody dosent always mean kumar sanu singing to a dhol beat...

I find today's music absolutely wonderful in terms of he way a song is arranged, written and composed...

Edited by pathaka - 16 August 2013 at 9:37pm

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

RangeelaaAbbaDabbaJabba.ForeverSHINeetoothbrush13ILoveDramaHakunaMatata.sensodyneOnyx.Real.MadridAblazedEnigma..Shaitan-HaiwanTani91.Bongsookie.PureBliss

Go to top