Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Alka bashes todays singers - Page 3

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
I hate the excuse older veterans give than "today's music dosent have any meaning...old songs had melody...todays songs dunt have melody"...
are u kidding me?

firstly todays songs are much more diverse in their geners (rock, jazz, indian folk, classical, western, trance...etc) and are melodious...MDs experiment with different voices and singers and its not always that shrill female voice that is considered good... and todays lyricists are soo extremely talented...they dunt just write variations of "hum tumse pyaar karte hai" or "aap hamare dil mein rehete hai" or clich stuff like tht...I mean, look at the lyrics today "Ankaheen" in lootera,or "Zinda" in BMB, or "Tum tak" in Raanjhanaa...soo innovatively written... ..and melody dosent always mean kumar sanu singing to a dhol beat...

I find today's music absolutely wonderful in terms of he way a song is arranged, written and composed...

Edited by pathaka - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
All she said was that she doesn't admire the new singers. So what's wrong in that opinion of hers? She doesn't need to 'work' anymore. She had made enough fortune to sustain for the next so many decades. She is absolutely right - today's singers are crap!

A. Their pronunciation of basic Urdu words sucks!
B. The tunes are pathetic.
C. Their is absolutely no poetry - Ae Ganpat, chal daru la - for example!
D. Way too much impurity in the language - Hindi mixed with English and so on.
.Anamika. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Every season on Indian Idol and Sa re ga ma, there are so many amazing singers that are introduced! The competition is incredibly fierce right now and there isn't a monopoly in the music industry like there used to be before when only Lata M. would sing for pretty much every single movie.

Shreya Goshal and Sunidhi still dominate to some degree but I'm glad that new singers are being given a chance too. There are some really nice, interesting voices we can hear now. People like Neeti Mohan, Arijeet, Neha Bhasin, etc. There's more variety in music today and so there has to be more voices as well. 
This content was originally posted by-chammakchallo

never liked alka's voice so shrilly and shrieky

have u heard her song baazigar o baazigar..her voice is breathtaking in that song ..listen it one more time😃
toothbrush13 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
You have to change with the times; a career of two decades is no longer the sole definition of success.  I find it kind of sad that she only admires success and not singing talent.

Also "The melodies from the past were songs that had deep meaning"... right, because her songs
-kar de mushkil jeena, ishq kameena
-kissi disco mein jaayein, kissi hotel mein khaayein
-aila re ladki mast mast tu aila re
-hai hai mirchi, uff uff mirchi

are masterpieces of poetry with layers and layers of meaning.  Those were just the same as today's Dilliwali Girlfriend.  Every decade had, has, and will have deep melodious songs.  Every decade also had, has, and will have songs purely meant for entertainment.  It's unfair to compare between the two categories. 

monu_tan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Alka always had some issues with Sunidhi. I remember watchi one of the filmfare awards function. She and Sunidhi were nominated together and Alka won the Best Singer award. When Alka went on the stage to recieve the award she bluntly mocked Sunidhi's song saying she would rather be deaf than listening to such song. That was an extreme reaction from a senior singer.
The song she mocked was 'Beedi Jalaile'.
Edited by monu_tan - 10 years ago
Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
There is no monopoly to pick a favorite singer these days which is good for audience in a way because of the variety of voices that we get to hear. What she said was from singer's POV though.. long run and stability because of new talent coming up every day which is true to an extent. Come to think of it, its hard to survive in singing industry compared to acting lol. What surprises me is how 2-3 singers are made to sing the same song and the best one is used in the album. Shalmali was surprised that its her voice in Balam Pichkari and she didn't even know before the video was out! Just wondering how much will each singer be paid?

Today, its all about how novel/fresh/refined your voice is, regardless of whether you are classically trained or not. If I am not wrong, Alka was a threat to Lata Mangeshkar and then Sunidhi to Alka hence the convenient blockout in her comment. 😆 Alka was so besuri in that Aaja ve mahiya lets do balle balle song from Fida and her voice didn't belong to those genres of music unlike Sunidhi who is more versatile than her and Shreya, both IMO. Shreya also can get too saccharine at times.

ViccoTurmeric thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by-toothbrush13

You have to change with the times; a career of two decades is no longer the sole definition of success.  I find it kind of sad that she only admires success and not singing talent.

Also "The melodies from the past were songs that had deep meaning"... right, because her songs
-kar de mushkil jeena, ishq kameena
-kissi disco mein jaayein, kissi hotel mein khaayein
-aila re ladki mast mast tu aila re
-hai hai mirchi, uff uff mirchi

are masterpieces of poetry with layers and layers of meaning.  Those were just the same as today's Dilliwali Girlfriend.  Every decade had, has, and will have deep melodious songs.  Every decade also had, has, and will have songs purely meant for entertainment.  It's unfair to compare between the two categories. 

I totally agree... each generation had its hare of 'Raaste Sa Ja Raha Tha, Bhel Puri Kaha Raha tha''... Every era had these songa on which oeople can stand up and start to dance. Does Alka Ji think that we will start dancing to meledious songs in Disco? Bechara Disco Wala Barbaad ho jayega!
Having said that its insulting of her to bash todays singers... She and Abhijeet(singer saying he will sing for younger ones) are no different - Rather than encouraging new talent they are bringing them down!
SudhaSangeet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Even Lata didi must have said same things about her...
Generation gap is the factor my parents dont like today's music which we love
When we will grow old then we too will say same thing...that aaj kal ka music is not as melodious as it was in our time. 😆

It takes a lot for today's singers to survive in industry...She should appreciate that...
Kya.Bolta.Tu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
^Abhijeet is such a douchebag the way he went on with ban Atif when his songs were so popular maybe he was jealous that his market had no takers!