luvlovely

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 9:23am | IP Logged

'I really don't admire any of the singers now'

Aug 16, 2013 - Natasha Coutinho
  • Email this page
  •  
  • Printer-friendly version
T7.jpg

Playback queen Alka Yagnik, whose mellifluous voice was last heard on the Bombay Talkies soundtrack, says there isn't any singer from the current generation whom she admires, apart from Shreya Ghoshal.

In a chat with this correspondent, Alka shared that she doesn't like to sing what is offered to her these days. "The melodies from the past were songs that had deep meaning. If I get something like that again, then I will definitely take it up," she said.
Explaining why she doesn't admire much of the singing today, she said, "I really don't admire any of the singers. You need to see how long they'll sustain their careers in the industry because the music world is changing. I don't see anybody apart from Shreya (Ghoshal) who is stable. What really matters is your run in the music world race. Earlier, people might have been in the industry for two decades, now that's not the case." Udit Narayan, Shaan, Abhijeet and Sonu Nigam are among the male counterparts that Alka professes admiration for.
Incidentally, Alka holds the record for the highest number of Filmfare awards for her singing, jointly with Asha Bhosle. She has also won two National Awards. How does that make her feel? "I am very humbled by it," Alka said. "I feel proud about what I have achieved. Ashaji and Lataji are goddesses of music and there is no way that I can compare myself to them. As for the awards, I'm honoured that people love my voice."

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

redballrose-girlronshaan

Shaitan-Haiwan IF-Sizzlerz
Shaitan-Haiwan
Shaitan-Haiwan

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 9:29am | IP Logged
Sounds like someone is upset because of lack of work haha...she shouldn't bash the new singers, how unprofessional and sad.

Even the legendary Lata encourages and supports contestants on the Indian Idol show. So who does Alka think she is?

Love how she conveniently left out Sunidhi Chuahan, who is just as iconic as Shreya.

The following 46 member(s) liked the above post:

angelcutie09Qirat.RangeelaaAbbaDabbaJabba.irene_cHariOmkaamchorniHakunaMatata.sweetmadhuriKrishnala-subha_rath2004EvashILoveDramaForeverSHINeeKya.Bolta.TuNoThanksAngel-luvs-sDimdim.-RaeesRiks-Pirated_FunMizz_Sunshin3ViccoTurmericVintageWineaish.TargaryenTheEmpressReal.Madrid.khoobsurat.Parachute.Kai.nikitagmcchimchimcher-eeDestroyedInLove.Bongsookie..ProperPatolaSunshine797HotMessani_grPureBlissruky786Cup-Of-ChaiIWishICouldMR.KooLTheRagerDB_reloaded-SalShah4eva-

chammakchallo Goldie
chammakchallo
chammakchallo

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 9:35am | IP Logged
never liked alka's voice so shrilly and shrieky

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

TuesdaysChildHariOmForeverSHINeeNoThanksDestroyedInLovechimchimcher-ee.Bongsookie.VintageWineIWishICould

ForYourEyesOnly IF-Sizzlerz
ForYourEyesOnly
ForYourEyesOnly

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 9:36am | IP Logged
too sum extent she is right..bt now competition is high,so young singers cant be blamed

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

Rangeelaarose-girlabhishahsubha_rath2004.Anamika.HakunaMatata.MadhuriDixitKai..ProperPatola.Bongsookie.ani_grfire_gun

ViccoTurmeric IF-Sizzlerz
ViccoTurmeric
ViccoTurmeric

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 9:37am | IP Logged

Alka Ji You are a good singer

But half of female singers right now in industry ARE BETTER THAN YOU!

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

RangeelaaMeeraXDForeverSHINeePirated_FunTargaryen.Bongsookie.chimchimcher-ee.khoobsurat.Cup-Of-Chai

AbbaDabbaJabba. Goldie

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 9:53am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nkapoor3

SaalaDonkey IF-Dazzler
SaalaDonkey
SaalaDonkey

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 9:54am | IP Logged
I actually agree
Aaj kal log aisa gaate hai jaise kisi ne kutta chod diya ho unke peeche ,most of them 
Examples- Balam pichkari and that badtameez dil Dead

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

badtameezdinki24Alpenliebesunflower52Hakuna-MatataaKai.-StrAnGer-ilovedhanjanirdronshaanruky786ani_gr.Mishh007.fire_gunSharif.Badmaashblue-ice.

A_la_mode IF-Dazzler
A_la_mode
A_la_mode

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 9:55am | IP Logged
jealous much eh AlkaLOL She is a decent singer but nothing special & must be upset with lack of work lately!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Pirated_Funchimchimcher-ee

Go to top