Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

Episode 352 Discussion: 16th August 2013

-MAS- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Episode 352 Discussion: 16th August 2013

Welcome to the Episode discussion thread which we call as Viewer's and Reader's Respite.  That's very apt, don't you think ? πŸ˜‰. And that proves our objective.

Objective behind the thread is 
  1. It helps in keeping the forum clean without much litter. People just need to fall in a habit.
  2. We can have it like breathers at first followed by analysis. 
  3. It also helps like-minded souls and pals bond and gel together to drop in their thoughts for themselves as breathers and for their friends as a peep into the episode and for others to post their reviews. 
  4. And those from different time-zones, who do not get to watch the episode at this time of telecast (Indian 8:30 PM), without any worry to trace or keep track of all their buddy's posts, they can come here, read with leisure and later post their analysis after watching it from their Time zones. 

Note for Newcomers to this thread.
Extremist thoughts and moralizing thoughts are not welcome over this thread. It is entertainment show we are watching. The channel calls their programs as entertainment and we are watching the show. Discussions are welcome in light hearted and in realistic manner. Moral policing is not appreciated.  We do not want to feel stifled into that kind of atmosphere here. 

There are several other social welfare sites that are there to discuss the genuine issues.  If for some reason, it is felt that social concerns have to be addressed and ethical and moral responsibility needs to be exercised for watching entertainment, then; certainly the forum is an open place to create separate ATs and build up that kind of propaganda.

Please heed to this as direct request and conditional requirement to participate in this thread. Strong words such as psychopaths unless used in show, need not be used to instigate riotous atmosphere or start sermonizing.

POINTERS for Writing/Posting of your reviews and thoughts over this EDT
  1. Do not litter the thread with chit-chat conversations. A little is permitted to have the friendly atmosphere, but when you feel like chatting more, it is desired you take your conversation with your buddies to alternate venues like chat clubs, pm mode etc.
  2. Quoting Policy: It is desired that people refrain from single, double, triple and multiple quoting of posts on a repetitive basis. They can pick out the parts that they like to quote as opposed to quoting the entire post. It is often seen that we have  to scroll through the pages when all they have done is quoting and more quoting with one line response to the actual post. IF has a rule that more than three times quoting is not allowed. But nowadays as people read IF posts over phone, it is preferred that people do not quote longer posts and just extract the portions of the post that they like to respond to and if they still find it relevant to their thought process then get the entire quoted text.
  3. Regulate the font size. Keep remembering that. It is really not pleasing to see big bolded letters for no special reason.
  4. The thread becomes a mess when you give your review and do not REST for sometime until others have posted. Please understand, respites or reviews; once or twice are good for few pages...don't make a regular chat thread with your reiterating/whining/complaining on the same point. For the online readers, the thread becomes unpleasant read. There is a separate Complaints thread in Main Forum.
  5. When episodic content is emotional, take a deep breath, give a good lengthy review; that acts as your vent in one single post...and make an exit to calm down your nerves if you still are possessed by only what you've seen.  

For those who cannot watch can have the Live/Written Updates.
Today's LU from : Armu4eva

Note:
  • There are various other threads all over the forum. Please check out those as well. This is just one choice out of so many.
  • Readers are encouraged to post links of other members posts which had been "delightful read" towards analysis of episodic event/s or character analysis. It becomes an easy navigation in the myriad of posts and pages and can easily be overlooked.
  • The link to present day ED thread is always provided in the previous one discussed.Those who participated in previous thread can go to my posts and check the previous thread to get access to new link. 

MAS will also maintain sister threads of Daily EDTs
  • Media Articles, Videos & Future Track Discussion-7
  • Meta Discussion
  • Can't Stop Discussing and Thinking About MBVerse

Indexing of EDTs

Link for December 2012 Index -

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/72894138

Link for January 2013 Index -

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/75172850

Link for February 2013 Index -

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/77151154

Link for March 2013  - Index -

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/79428174

Link for May 2013  - Index -

Cheers,
-MAS-

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-MAS- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
TRPs and GRPs: Week 32, August 4th - August 11th, 2013

This content was originally posted by: river123

Updated the weekly TRP chart.  The top 10 chart is now a top 15 chart, since MB at #13.

MB TRPs are approx. 2.2 rounded (based on rough conversion from TVTs to TRPs.)  TVTs were 4,396 vs. 4,884 the week prior.   The TRP chart tells its own pathetic story, no words are necessary.  

However, can't resist saying this to the channel and PH: 
  • You had THE superstar on your show, interest in his new film was sky high (look at those box office collections) and you totally messed up.  
  • Dragging this track interminably (even with spoilers of LV's potential exit) is not going to get TRPs back.  Close this out, redeem the lead characters that you have successfully butchered, and come up with something cool (that does not mean cringeworthy or disgusting) for your next track.   
  • And please do make a note to self - women do not like to see a woman being terrorized, victimized and manhandled for episodes on end.  

Note: Data converted from TVTs to TRPs from week 31.  Does not take into consideration impact of adding new markets at various points. Size of these markets, viewing patterns, demographics, level of digitization etc. of those markets would impact TRPs.  Also, hard to judge IPL's exact impact. 

The two charts below show: 1) Top 10 shows TRPs and 2) TRP increase/drop for those shows, compared to the week prior. The blue bars on the second chart are the ones that did better, the red are the ones that did worse, and the no bars are the ones that were the same.  

Most shows did worse compared to to the week prior.  But MB's situation was different because of the big ME that was promoted, but that did not seem to have raised TRPs overall.    

PS: all my usual caveats apply - this is a rough analysis etc. etc.  Feel free to point out the holes (I freely admit there's probably some!) 

Edited by -MAS- - 10 years ago
hansa22 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
  • Guys, I was right. I said yesterday that Sikky would have a confrontation with Madhu...i was not too wrong,πŸ˜ƒ Dipali has her confrontation with Madhu!!  Another one of those yuck scenes. She taunts Madhu and behaves really badly, lying on RK's side of the bed, and making vulgar insinuations. πŸ˜‘😑. Sultan and Dipali are fit for each other, why don't they start a new track with them?? 

• πŸ‘ to the MB creative team..100 ways to drag a track...please learn from them. 

Again scene of the day for me: Raji-Madhu-Dipali

Rji stops Madhu from leaving, and tells her she will not leave RK mansion till she says so. Madhu walks down the stairs in a daze, and what else...falls into RK's arms...share an eyelock. Rji notices. Rji calls Madhu into the kitchen, and tells her she has to take up RK's dinner for him, she has to perform her duties as a wife till they are divorced. Rji snubs Dipali very badlyπŸ‘, who was actually planning to take up RK's dinner herself. πŸ˜‘

• RK-Madhu have a confrontation...I don't want to talk about this at allπŸ˜•. The most ridiculous dialogues were exchanged with each other.

•  RK bumps into Dipali outside their door, she gives him his poison, and leaves. 

Edited by Soundarya22 - 10 years ago
river123 thumbnail
How much are they going to stretch this nonsense, without moving the story forward? I feel like leading a protest or something.    All right, and here's some random thoughts:
  • The Matriarch.  I'm liking this Radhaji - the take control, and try to fix things woman: 
    • Forcing Madhu to stay back.  Saying she is going to get to the bottom of it all. 
    • Watching Madhu in RK's arms when he saves her from tripping.  
    • Asking Dips to focus on her own husband - nice!  By any chance did Radhaji overhear Dips muttering about Sultan?  Am too dejected with this show to hope for it.  
  • Rishbala: 
    • RK saves Madhu from tripping on the stairs.  Hum hai deewane BG.  Poor RK's expression as he holds Madhu - spot on.   Radhaji watches. 
    • Did like the RK-Madhu scene, because it reminded me of why I watch this show (Rishbala.)   RK tells her about the love he has for her, and pain that will remain in his heart after she leaves.  VD was really good.  Some of the dialogues were neat - like the "utna hi dard do, jitna tumhare naam par bardaasht ho." At this stage though, between yesterday and today, I think we've seen just about enough of the RK-Madhu pain-filled scenes, thank you very much.  Time for story to move on beyond talk of deceit, pain, betrayal etc.  
  • Delusional Dips:  thinks she has a chance with RK now.  
    • Dips was unbearable, rubbing it in to Madhu.   And getting comfortable on the bed. Gross. 
    • Dips eavesdropping on RK-Madhu convo.  So what's new.   She gives RK a huge bottle of liquor.
The Precap: Radhaji trying to talk sense into Devdas, oops, RK (who's drinking said liquor)  

For those viewers still watching, get really for this mind-numbingly, TRP killing, ridiculous track to continue for a long long time.   Unless CVs decide to take note of the dismal TRPs and figure out that the audience wants this wrapped up - fast!

Edited by river123 - 10 years ago
Rishabala693 thumbnail
When will this track end ?πŸ₯±.Its driving me insane nowπŸ€ͺπŸ₯±
Vipisa thumbnail
I am tired of criticizing the characters, tired of waiting for something good to happen, tired of feeling disgusted with every episode and tired of asking the CVs to end the track. What I am waiting for now...I don't know. πŸ˜”

Madhu lost all my sympathy for her today...she won't get it again until she herself shoots that creep down. I don't think Sultan is needed anymore to evoke disgust in me...Madhu and Dipali are more than enough to do the job. 🀒

The makers - Hope they have a strong heart to see the TRPs of the upcoming weeks!
Edited by Vipisa - 10 years ago
cardio21 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: Vipisa

I am tired of criticizing the characters, tired of waiting for something good to happen, tired of feeling disgusted with every episode and tired of asking the CVs to end the track. What I am waiting for now...I don't know. πŸ˜”

Madhu lost all my sympathy for her today...she won't get it again until she herself shoots that creep down. I don't think Sultan is needed anymore to evoke disgust in me...Madhu and Dipali are more than enough to do the job. 🀒

The makers - Hope they have a strong heart to see the TRPs of the upcoming weeks!

@bold, I hate to agree with you, keeping madhu n Dips in one list.. yuck!!  Madhu is doing the same thing that RK did to her during the unwedding, no matter what the reason is. I can never accept or appreciate her decision. 
And RK now has an excuse to put his 2 n 2 together in a different direction altogether...😑

RJ was the only one who I could appreciate in today's episode, I loved her bbb to her DILs especially Dipali.
but RK had some good dialogues..
Hi2life thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Dipali and her perversion doesn't evoke the disgust madhu does with her fake claiming of u know what,,, madhu lost all sympathy,,, is she gaining some sadistic pleasure in hurting RK

I keep a straight face when dips said all her nonsense, she is harmless and is always kept at her right place by everyone, 
Radhaji seems to be in her senses, trying to do the right thing, though I don't know what does she want Rk to do to stop madhu,,,,beg her plead for mercy, when she is the one walking out of the relation

I felt really bad for Rk, when Radhaji said " he is been eating jail food till now and though he is home he dint eat a grain" , 

CVS ARE THE BIGGEST SADISTS EVER,,, though their track is a super flop they still r not giving up

The small fraction of audience watching the show are people in love with the leads

All Rk need to do to call madhu bluff off.  is get himself into hospital and let Bittuji tell madhu that he met with an accident while driving drunk,,,,,,,oh no that is for the old smart Rk, now here it is the new renovated Rk, who lost all his grey cells

Edited by Hi2life - 10 years ago
Shazzie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Can someone explain to me what is going on in Madhu's mind? What is her thought process & what's her plan? That creep forces her to divorce RK and in return he would spare RK's life.  So,  Madhu instead of taking help from Bittujee or from anyone, decides to agree to what he says. Reason she gave to RK is that she loves Sultan. Her dialogs today are cementing the fact that she feel that she loved the wrong person (RK) and after marriage suddenly she fell out of love  with her loving husband and fell in love with a gangster who was spoiling her husband's name! 🀒   Does she not realize that how much she is hurting RK with this?  So, she is leaving RK for his life but ensuring that his life is destroyed in worst way.  RK sure has a very bad luck in love & relationships.   All around him are people who hurt him in worst possible way - be it his mom, or his ex-gf & now his wife!  He surely doesnot need any enemies when his near & dear ones are worse than his enemies.  Targeting his pride, defaming his name in world and breaking his heart are the best way to ensure that person stays alive!

CVs - Time for you to follow what you say through your characters!
Dukh itna do jo bardaasht ho sake! Show that much crap which is tolerable. What is happening currently is beyond limits.  

Sad to see that MEIEJ fell off the TRP Train! From within TOP 5 to Out of top 10!  Very much expected & next week it might give competition to n the low-trp shows! Great going Writers! BOKWAAS UNLIMITED! πŸ‘ŽπŸΌπŸ€’
leelaa9 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
The episode was utterly and almost entirely *appalling*.
I'm sorry for the intemperate language here, but have the CVs completely lost their minds?😑
*This* is supposed to be how Madhu keeps RK from getting killed?!
She might as well take a knife and plunge it into his heart - and that is *not* a metaphorical suggestion.
His father meant far less to him than Madhu does, and he almost killed himself when his faith in his father was shattered. Almost killed, as in he'd *actually* have been dead if Madhu hadn't pushed that firearm away before he fired it.
So Madhu decides to opt for the method by which RK's faith in Madhu will be shattered so that he can definitely kill himself this time?πŸ˜•
Sultan won't need to do anything, and RK will be dead.
And though this won't happen since both leads are under contract for much longer and Sultan track ending before Ganeshotsav is a necessity, it is the precise extremely likely consequence of Madhu's actions.
Are the CVs intent on the delusion that if Madhu does something stupid that will hurt her wifely image, it'll be condoned by the mass-audience if she does it with good intentions?
Her supporting and cordially associating with a gangster and his kid was enough to make RK's remorse low-priority after the unwedding, and gain TRP-audience's passive support and understanding of RK's aggressive moves to get her back into his home and his life.
Then when she 'forgave' RK, if it had been genuine, Madhu's blundering with the gangster would have been forgotten and she would have been on a pedestal of popular support. Instead, she stuck with the 'reciprocal revenge' idea for a few days first, and *then* let it go, effectively losing out on an opportunity to get the mass-audience to completely forgive her naive blundering with the other guy.
Then the debacle when she was shown supporting the other guy and his mother, and completely unmindful of the feelings of her loving husband and mother-in-law who had both also been wronged, but whom Madhu was shown blithely expecting atonement from as if they had done the wrong.
After the resounding mass-disapproval of Madhu in all these gambits, they are now trying to present her sacrificing for her husband in a way that her husband looks very likely to *be* the actual sacrifice, and that too in the 'real deceased corpse' way?

And showing RK as having suffered an inexplicable case of waking up from a few hours of unconsciousness totally convinced that Sultan is dead - whereas just a few hours earlier he absolutely believed Madhu's claim about Sultan being alive?πŸ˜²πŸ˜•
Why are the CVs doing this?

Also that scene with Dipali stretching out on the bed and what she said was unbelievably repugnant, but Dipali isn't important except in a catalyst secondary-character way.
One could ignore her.🀒

But having Madhu showing a case of amnesia about her husband having tried to kill himself just a few days back, and her compete unawareness that her brilliant idea of going along with this nonsensical plan of convincing RK she loves Sultan is likely to result far more surely in the very result she wants to avoid - RK killed, but by himself rather than by anyone else.πŸ˜•πŸ€’

And today, I finally ran out of sympathy for the unbelievable uncharacteristic helplessness of both Madhu and RK in this boring track, but especially of Madhu the way she is being portrayed in yet another backfiring gambit.

There is no way a loving wife tells the husband who tried to kill himself a few days earlier that she wants a divorce, and that too with such reasoning.πŸ˜•πŸ€’

Madhu's love for RK is indisputable 😳, so the CVs need to stop trying to portray a variety of sacrifice that doesn't fit.😑🀒

If Madhu truly felt helpless, her trying to kill herself would be understandable.
Her telling RK, demanding that he act as if he believes her even if he doesn't and make plans accordingly, the two of them fighting this out together, and her killing herself if RK gets killed would be fine as well.
I'm suggesting the latter because I don't think Madhu would be willing to go for actually choosing RK's death.

But her asking for divorce and giving such a reason - that's not saving his life, it's ensuring that he has a much better chance of being definitely dead soon, since it would be much harder trying to keep him from killing himself in any number of ways than it is to keep an outsider from getting him killed.πŸ˜•

These are a Madhu and RK that make no sense, with their inexplicably missing courage and shrewdness for so many days now.πŸ₯±
This 'interesting' track has managed to trump even an SRK guest-appearance to maintain its streak of low TRPs.🀒πŸ₯±
It's unbearable to watch the leads like this - on the excuse that Madhu is emotional or that RK is unaware.πŸ˜•πŸ˜‘
Those excuses are unbelievable, both the leads current behaviour is unbelievable, this wretched boring track is unbelievable.πŸ₯± And the prospect of watching this get worse before it gets better is no compensation for enduring the worse, and not at all appealing as a reason to not skip through the next several episodes until the worse is done.πŸ₯±πŸ˜­
Edited by leelaa9 - 10 years ago