Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

The Bride With A Doll..Thread#2/ Completed Arshi SS (Page 66)

vandana.sagar IF-Stunnerz
vandana.sagar
vandana.sagar

Posted: 07 September 2013 at 9:02pm | IP Logged
Hi Jenny, 
I love the way you write this one, the stark difference to your other story, the genre and the style, a tricky concept and yet you do full justice ...proving your expertise as a writer...

I get Arnab's desire, his frustrations and his reasons ...had Khushi been an adult, he would never have dreamed of crossing the line which leads him to infidelity...and it's to protect her that he even decides to go to the courtesan, which probably was an accepted practise that time, especially amongst his social class and standing. The fact that he goes all the same ...and is already opening her buttons and even though he feels what Khushi does not know will not harm or hurt her, yes he does think of her, he has in his head committed adultery ..hence the shame and inability to meet her eyes and the shame he feels manifested in his anger towards the situation by being harsh to her. He has not gone all the way, and realises that girls age luckily ..and the gravity of what he was about to do, and leaves has been written brilliantly ...the confusion and the anguish...he is human and this is natural, but that he could get up and leave makes him the protagonist ...

I am not judging him, I have faith in him and his choices and decisions and it keeps me on the edge of my seat while reading, waiting to know what happens next...  
Khushi as endearing as ever, wants to be a woman for him, craves for his attention not knowing the implications, the time he does touch her was in anger and hence has no comprehension of what being a woman has bit is a bit worried when she is told by thammi to let him do what he wants with her. I loved that ! 
I loved how she is worried for him and runs to him when she senses his arrival and clutches on to him and he shameful just appears callous with her giving rise to her rejection once more.
I loved how she has taken the steps she sees fit and has given by her doll, her solace and her companion in order to expedite her growth towards becoming a woman! Loved how he noticed the doll and immediately decides to go and speak to her and apologise, loved their candid conversation ...her aversion to being referred to as a child by him, his asking her why she is in a hurry to he a woman, her immediate response , so that she can live in his room, his surprise asking her why and her very matter of fact response...I want a baby...shocking him and amusing him like never before...and his laughing, I loved it ...loved it all ...a great step towards the future...I always say love, luck and laughter all three important for a real relationship...waiting for the next part Jen...

I hope I made sense, maybe got too carried away...sorry for the really delayed comment! 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vks11IPK007

vks11 Goldie
vks11
vks11

Posted: 07 September 2013 at 9:21pm | IP Logged
Hi Jenny,
 I love your stories. they are so endearing. I am sure  your Arnav will be instrumental and teach Khushi  to become a woman in the most beautiful way. Because in your stories  Arnav is always that way and we all fall in love with him more and more.

I totally understand  your story in  all ways. those days were all like that. But glad you made arnav come back home. 

Edited by vks11 - 07 September 2013 at 9:50pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

IPK007

MamiaRehman IF-Sizzlerz
MamiaRehman
MamiaRehman

Posted: 07 September 2013 at 10:11pm | IP Logged
thanks for this note Jenny...    it was really helpful to understand this concept more deeply ...

IPK007

khushiiXOXO Senior Member
khushiiXOXO
khushiiXOXO

Posted: 08 September 2013 at 4:04am | IP Logged
thank god for ur note otherwise I was going to ask u abt it..Big smile

wants baby coz better than a doll..such innocence...made me think wat I was doing wen I was 14 yrs old.. aren't we lucky?!

So it's gonna take couple more yrs till Arnav lets her become a woman...dat's if he dsnt die during the freedom struggleWink

IPK007

sreemeera IF-Dazzler
sreemeera
sreemeera

Posted: 08 September 2013 at 4:22am | IP Logged
Superb!!!
Loved this Khushi.  She is so cute and real.
Arnab wants to move away from his father and family.  What about Khushi??
Waiting for the update.

IPK007

Afsha29 Goldie
Afsha29
Afsha29

Posted: 08 September 2013 at 5:12am | IP Logged
wooowww...diss ws simply faaantasssticcc :D excepllent !

IPK007

gifttag IF-Dazzler
gifttag
gifttag

Posted: 08 September 2013 at 7:34am | IP Logged
This Khushi might be very young but she will be his perfect partner.. his soul mate. I can see the strong young woman emerging which will be his equal in every way. I just hope Arnav wait for her to grow up and have iron control on his desires, I know Jenny as you explained that in those times men used to fall under those above mentioned three categories but his wife his partner is in front of him, he might not be in love with her now but if he manages to stay faithful he will not have the feeling of disgust with himself and also will not have any regrets in future.

IPK007

nishu_shorna IF-Sizzlerz
nishu_shorna
nishu_shorna

Posted: 08 September 2013 at 8:49am | IP Logged
When I was 14-15 I was crazy for Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay's novels & Rabindranath Tagore's short stories...Calcutta & Bengali society of early 20th century means their stories to me...while reading this story I can visualize that scenario once again...i dont dare to compare off course,but believe me throughout these 4 chapters all i can remember is those stories...
I admire Arnav's character u know...his situation is really familiar to me...but the way he replied back his father...wanted a difference in life...displeased at the norms of that society...still saw Khushi as a child...I always wanted the leads of those stories like this...
As for his visit to the courtesan...it was common then I guess...but I have faith in him...he will not repeat this again...
What i loved most is he didnt take out his frustration on Khushi...he might behaved rudely but he did apologized...and is really kind to her...
And Khushi...innocence personifies...she is such a kid...trying hard to grow up...but not really understand what growing up means...
I badly want her transition from a child to woman in presence of Arnav...in his company...and fall in love in the process...
really really beautiful...looking forward for more...

I wanted to read your stories since two months now...at last got the time...completed reading them all in three days...they r so awesome...I am grateful to ASR for "his musings" which made me want to read ur stories...

Edited by nishu_shorna - 08 September 2013 at 9:24am

IPK007

Go to top