Calling a spade a spade!

Sujatha.rao thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
I thought Dadi Bua was the most honest character on KTLK...granted her words were harsh...but she spoke the truth all the time..!

It is all very well to mouth polite platitudes...to guard against someone's feelings getting hurt...but sometimes, I think...what is more important...having your feelings protected or knowing exactly where you stand with someone...

I am not saying hurting people is a virtue,,,but is being truthful and upfront a sin..and being ready to accept the same in return,,,lavishing false praise just so someone is happy.,,,aren't you sort of being condescending when you assume someone can't handle the truth..

I think I deserve the truth..I think everybody deserves the truth..and if I have even a small amount of respect for someone, then I must tell them the truth! And if someone has the least respect for me, then they must tell me the truth too!

So, what do you like to hear or tell- the truth or platitudes?
Edited by Sujatha.rao - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

saibanu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I like to tell and hear the truth but if I realize my truth might hurt someone then i prefer silence more than speaking the truth and it worked out well for me ...

Nice Post ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Poolicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The truth... But I may qualify to be a diplomat at times when I know that the truth would make no difference to someone! Nice post Akka... Sorry haven't been around a lot, but loving your presence here!! <3
ariyadasa thumbnail

So, what do you like to hear or tell- the truth or platitudes?

First of all nice to see you are back active in the forum 

An important topic mam 

You know studied in a convent taught me to be a truthful person, and also I get used hear that the people who are telling the truth are God children. so me too carry out this concept " telling the truth " for a long time but this society didn't allows me to continue further as every time when I tell the truth most  of the time return was negative as very rarely I got the positive respond . But now I feel that these religious concepts are not applicable to this society but I don't want to lie to  any body but never going to tell the truth as now I try to remain silent ,as I feel silent is the best option I have to be happy . I am not God sujath ji I am a Human being

I don't mine whether the people are telling me the truth or the lie I give the important  to my heart and my brain and respond to it , because of this most of the people are get used to tell me that I am proud , but I am happy about that as it wants  hurts me .

At last what I would like to say as it's difficult to find people like Mahatma Gandhi ji or Mr. Nelson Mandela any more    

*Dev.* thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I would always prefer truth , but that doesnt means i want to hurt someone by saying truth . 

Nice post mam.๐Ÿ˜ณ
PMithalee thumbnail
Ab main bolungi toh sab bolenge ki bolti hain๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

Bhai hamare baare main toh aap jaante hee ho...main toh jo sach hain vo bol deti hoon,and phir dusro ke feelings ke baare main sochte baitho aur usse vahi galti karne do toh mere liye vo naasamjhi hui...atleast agar jo sach hain vo boldo toh aisa lagta hain ki hum koi beimaani nahi kar rahe hain v r true to them and honest in our relation...

And maine iss forum main ek baat sikhi hain, mere baare main sach bolna ho toh koi meri feelings ke baare nahi sochta toh main kyu duniya ki sochu๐Ÿ˜†...and top of it I HATE JHOOT๐Ÿ˜ก mujhe jhooto se sakth nafrat hain๐Ÿ˜ก ๐Ÿ˜ก mujhe agar koi jhoot bole toh main uski jaan bhi le sakti hoon ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜†Edited by Pardeshi.Mithu - 10 years ago
Anjani9 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I used to prefer being nice to a person rather than hurting them...

But there are many negative outcomes of that
1. I will hurt myself that am not able to talk the truth and will be boiling inside
2. I cannot get work done by people, they take me granted
3. I will not help other person improve...especially during appraisals..

But there is slowly change now...

But sometimes we should praise people also to make them feel good...which is very important...
suku_07 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Well according to me everyone loves truth but no one can handle it... We all says please say everything at my face, dont talk behind the back but no one likes when they say directly to you... so this intimately lie rules..!!
Sujatha.rao thumbnail
Originally posted by: saibanu

I like to tell and hear the truth but if I realize my truth might hurt someone then i prefer silence more than speaking the truth and it worked out well for me ...

Nice Post ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thank you Sai...the problem arises when you are asked to express an opinion...what happens then..do you evade or opt for a tactful response or tell people the truth?
Sujatha.rao thumbnail
Originally posted by: Poolicious

The truth... But I may qualify to be a diplomat at times when I know that the truth would make no difference to someone! Nice post Akka... Sorry haven't been around a lot, but loving your presence here!! <3

Thank you Pooja...that is a very interesting perspective...tell people the truth only when you know it makes a difference to them!