India-Forums

Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

Deconstructing Imraan

antiquegold Goldie
antiquegold
antiquegold

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 2:39am | IP Logged

The characterization of Imraan has been shadowy until the recent track. He is not in the spotlight yet, but the dimmer switch is moving to bright gradually.

Our introduction to Imraan was at the very beginning of Qubool Hai, a clean-cut, good looking guy with the Devils Aunt for a mother! At the risk of stating the obvious, clearly under her  thumb. Through her numerous engagement breaking dramas one could see Imraan making token gestures of protest and looking embarrassed as his mother spilt her crass greed and venom over the Siddiqui aristocrats, fully knowing that they who commoditized honour, dignity and breeding were check-mated by their own fallacies. Whenever his mother broke it  off, he also presumably stopped calling Nikhat. When his mother's bloodlust for money was temporarily satiated, he  resumed.

I think there are two takes on why this is so – why he continued to call and entice Nikhat with soft tones and sweet words, and why he does the same with Najma now.

One is that he is one of a very large male population that take life believing themselves to be emotional victims, and finding women who just can't say no, who are themselves a little insecure and want a gentle, "safe" person, one they themselves can feel strong around.  These males promise undying love, cry unabashedly, are not "emotionally challenged" and swear  that  they,  literally, won't be able to live without their women. The women, no matter how weak or strong otherwise are confused into feeling guilty, into feeling responsible for the mans very existence and will put up with this subtle emotional manipulation. Imagine their chagrin and disillusionment when they find that after a breakup, the very same man attaches himself, like an emotional leech to the next kind and gentle soul!

Imraans  natural prey would be exactly girls like Nikhat and Najma – overprotected girls, overshadowed by loving but domineering family members and brothers, who have never been accountable for their decisions, who have never made decisions on their own. How then, can they think clearly and take decisions regarding their life partners when they just DON'T KNOW HOW TO!?!

The irony is that the predator became prey to our friendly neighbourhood Billi.. She really got him by the balls! Hello Kitty!

Reasons for being this way? Desire to control. He needs to control a woman, because his mother controls him so completely. Feel free to add more!

The other perspective on Imraan, and I would be really excited if this plays out, is that he is far more diabolical than we think. Keep in mind how he laughed when Billi's eye popped out at his party when Razia pushed her and gave her an unforgettable moniker. Remember how he yelled at Nikhat for signing her original name in that cheesy motel, and how soon things got ugly when he atarted talking about Rashid  in that degrading manner.  Ayaan wasted no time in throwing him out then, and got thrown out by Shirin for his pains.  Haseena's  ugly DNA is just below the surface, and it won't take much for it to hang out of his every orifice.  Are we so sure that he did not think he was conning Billo into giving it up for him by playing the nobody loves me card? (I actually thought that Amrapalis OTT crying totally made fun of him. She nailed that scene according to me, and looked rather nice too -  just as long as she does not target Asya or Ayra ! Callous, I know… She is the one person who turned around and conned him back. )

Imraan I am sure knows that Nikhat is Najma's half-sister. Don't forget he has a splendid bungalow waiting for him if he did marry Nikhat. It does not take rocket science to figure out how to ensure the money train does not get derailed, by calling the owner of the bungalows sister, - a fledgling infatuation that ended almost before it began in college. Wearing that locket is not a sign of love, it's the cue for us, the audience, I would not set too much store by it in the fleshing out of his character. He knows that Najma is too scared of her brother and that their infatuation was not strong enough to keep her by his side even then. So the best thing to do is play on her fears. Make her fear his blood on her hands. It's been done in this world more ofteh than putting salt in food!

Reason for being this way? Hereditary greed and avarice. Feel free to add more!

Please comment! Please please please!

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

ojas143...SankaDevi...Niharika17divyabelleksen-khaleesi-..Breeze..KulfiBaiGredandForgeMrDarcyfanstarsinmyeyesnautanki_anu-Hinaloveasya-raneebsumaiya14rogerrocks

moniloveasya IF-Stunnerz
moniloveasya
moniloveasya

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 2:56am | IP Logged
I just hate imraan buss.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

antiquegoldMrDarcyfan

..Breeze.. IF-Rockerz
..Breeze..
..Breeze..

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 2:56am | IP Logged
Imran is not correct in many of his deeds. Firstly if he loved Nazma truly, he wouldn't have let her go that easily in the past. He would have atleast tried to convince her family. Next, he shouldn't have shown fake dreams to Nikhat and give her hopes of a happy life together! If he really wants to give their relation a chance, he should have spoke out which he never did. Last but not the least after knowing the fact of Tanveer's pregnancy he should be honest instead of trying to hide it, but alas! It's too much to expect from a spineless character like Imran. But, I feel bad for him too for being in such a family and making his own life a mess too!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

antiquegold-khaleesi-MrDarcyfan

KulfiBai IF-Sizzlerz
KulfiBai
KulfiBai

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 3:01am | IP Logged
Wow what a wonderful write-up! I dislike Imran but I'm going to hold out my judgement regarding his character a little longer to see how things play out purely because I feel (and this is just my opinion) this Immi-Tamatar track feels a little out of nowhere and slightly convoluted. This is just how I feel though!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Ankaheeantiquegoldnautanki_anuMrDarcyfan

viya.mallik4eva IF-Sizzlerz
viya.mallik4eva
viya.mallik4eva

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 3:02am | IP Logged
Great analysis. Even I get the same picture of Imran. But i have a feeling CVs are gonna make him a helpless prey and redeem him.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

antiquegoldMrDarcyfan

Niharika17 Goldie
Niharika17
Niharika17

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 3:18am | IP Logged
Excellent analysis ...and i loved this statement

Imagine their chagrin and disillusionment when they find that after a breakup, the very same man attaches himself, like an emotional leech to the next kind and gentle soul!

antiquegold-khaleesi-MrDarcyfan

raneeb IF-Stunnerz
raneeb
raneeb

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 3:28am | IP Logged
Yes - you have nailed it! Haseena's crassness and greed has to have rubbed off on Imraan! No way is he as bhola as he tries to appear! The hotel scene, and then mouthing venom when he is cornered! Suddenly he has realised the connection between the two households and so is trying to curry favour with Najma!

"One is that he is one of a very large male population that take life believing themselves to be emotional victims, and finding women who just can't say no, who are themselves a little insecure and want a gentle, "safe" person, one they themselves can feel strong around.  These males promise undying love, cry unabashedly, are not "emotionally challenged" and swear  that  they,  literally, won't be able to live without their women. The women, no matter how weak or strong otherwise are confused into feeling guilty, into feeling responsible for the mans very existence and will put up with this subtle emotional manipulation. Imagine their chagrin and disillusionment when they find that after a breakup, the very same man attaches himself, like an emotional leech to the next kind and gentle soul!"

So true and a perfect example of the  indian Male !

"Imraans  natural prey would be exactly girls like Nikhat and Najma – overprotected girls, overshadowed by loving but domineering family members and brothers, who have never been accountable for their decisions, who have never made decisions on their own. How then, can they think clearly and take decisions regarding their life partners when they just DON'T KNOW HOW TO!?!
"

So true and poor Nikhat and Najma are too sheltered to even realise this! Thank God they have strong minded brothers who will be able to control the madness of Haseena, Imraan and Billo Rani!
What a combination!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

antiquegold

starsinmyeyes IF-Sizzlerz
starsinmyeyes
starsinmyeyes

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 4:00am | IP Logged
You have nailed itClap

antiquegoldnautanki_anuGredandForge

Go to top