Jodha Akbar

India-Forums

Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

Jodha Akbar 43: Round and round the mulberry bush (Page 2)

SonaLuvZaSaf IF-Sizzlerz
SonaLuvZaSaf
SonaLuvZaSaf

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 6:01am | IP Logged
beautiful written up auntyClap n i hv nothing to add more...  thanks for the pm.Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

yoga23priyasashashyam

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 6:31am | IP Logged
Thanks a lot, and I am so glad that you agree with me about the change in Jodha, Suvi! All her complaints to Motibai sound exactly like a wife cheesed off about her husband, there is no anger and no visceral hatred,

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by Super Kool

[QUOTE=sashashyam.

Jalal:  

My thoughts went back to that other scene in one of  the very early episodes, where Jalal, meeting his mother Hamida Banu, reveals how deep is his sense of being abandoned by her as a baby, and  the corrosive bitterness that has never left him for the whole of his life.

And I realized anew how right Sangeeta was when she wrote yesterday on my thread :  I think also the spice thing further enrages Jalal as it opens up that wound of abandonment/not being cared for, b/c after all food is nourishment and a source of comfort. That he wanted her to feed him, I think on a deeper level, he wants her to care about him; and feeding someone is one way to do that. So, that he thinks she mirched it up is not just an insult for him, but another rejection. 

ClapClapClapBrilliant point...Clap

Jodha:  

This is not the old Jodha. In fact it is almost like  a hurt wife accusing  a harsh husband of ill-treatment

@ bold- yup, after hamam scene...this is the second instance where their interaction was that of a typical husband-wife...

Very nice post, aunty...ClapClapStar

Glad to know that you are taking rest...get well soon...take care...Smile

[/QUOTE]

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Super Koolyoga23priya....Poojie....

elasingh IF-Stunnerz
elasingh
elasingh

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 7:05am | IP Logged
Syamala I know you have written in ur post that Jalal has no other friend than Rukaiya and that is why he discusses Jodha with her but I dont like this...I find it crude and cheap...as I have stated in another of ur thread too...

I also feel that he should not team up with Ruku against...Jodha...Somehow  it shakes the very foundation of their marriage...

For him all his begums should be equal...

Superb post once again.

Edited by elasingh - 16 August 2013 at 7:22am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

veil_of_rosesyoga23priyamanzilmukulsashashyamAutumn_Rose

Autumn_Rose IF-Sizzlerz
Autumn_Rose
Autumn_Rose

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 7:31am | IP Logged
Thanks for the lovely post Aunty. We don't mind waiting, do take care of your health. We can wait.

As for jodha,  I think jalal is very intimidating. He is a combination of good looks and power. Maybe that is what scares her. She doesn't really understand him.. 

It might seem strange but I feel bad for jalal.. Not jodha. He seems so lonely.

Edited by Autumn_Rose - 16 August 2013 at 7:43am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

misakiSuper Koolyoga23priyamanzilmukulsashashyamelasingh

meghanajain Goldie
meghanajain
meghanajain

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 7:44am | IP Logged
Great insight to the characters. Always eagerly wait for an email that your post has been published. It is a little strange the sudden change in Jodha's behavior. May be she changed after the wedding itself, but was hiding it well with her pride. Its her parents being here that has left her completely weakend.

Jalal is pretty clear from the beginning. He is attracted to her beauty, spirit, aura and we got glimpses of that in many episodes. As you pointed out so well, its her ignoring him that is getting his old wound fresh! I hope Ekta can show the changes beautifully as she has shown so far. 

yoga23priyasashashyamAutumn_Rose

makeveli_hush Groupbie
makeveli_hush
makeveli_hush

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 8:12am | IP Logged

You know I also thought she felt a bit of jealousy seeing Rahim and his mother...perhaps thinking  'I

should be able to have this or maybe I want this' come on every woman wants a child of their own

especially when you've got no TV and internet to distract you...the worse part is seeing how free the child was Wink

yoga23priyasashashyamAutumn_Rose

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 8:22am | IP Logged
I am so pleased that  you  agree with me on the creeping change in Jodha. It is imcremental, but it has  begun, and it may not, as in this case, have anything directly to do with Jalal , or with her and Jalal. It is here more about what she feels she is missing out on from life, and of course from this marriage.That too has an impact on the relationships within a marriage.

The jealousy was subliminal, and she looked really lost for a moment. I wonder how she will feel when she learns of how this marriage to Salima came about.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by makeveli_hush

You know I also thought she felt a bit of jealousy seeing Rahim and his mother...perhaps thinking  'I

should be able to have this or maybe I want this' come on every woman wants a child of their own

especially when you've got no TV and internet to distract you...the worse part is seeing how free the child was Wink

smiletherapyyoga23priyaAutumn_Rose

Autumn_Rose IF-Sizzlerz
Autumn_Rose
Autumn_Rose

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 8:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by makeveli_hush

About that scene, I thought she found it strange.. picturising jalal as a father.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

yoga23priya

Go to top