Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

*Awarded* TS: The Adamant Couple (Last Part: Page 7) (Page 7)

PSharada IF-Sizzlerz
PSharada
PSharada

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 7:12pm | IP Logged
Hmm Nice start. Loved the way you have used Akash's point of view here. Can't wait to see how you take this story ahead. 

vandana1965 IF-Rockerz
vandana1965
vandana1965

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
nteresting
kushigowda IF-Dazzler
kushigowda
kushigowda

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 10:42am | IP Logged
nice start
bmtdluver IF-Rockerz
bmtdluver
bmtdluver

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 9:26am | IP Logged
Seems like an interesting ts. I like how you wrote in akash's pov
KaaminiJha Senior Member
KaaminiJha
KaaminiJha

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 1:37pm | IP Logged
Epic work...do continue.
..Shweta.. IF-Rockerz
..Shweta..
..Shweta..

Posted: 21 August 2013 at 11:03pm | IP Logged

I typed this on word and the formatting is messed up here. Sorry, will fix later but most if not all of the error squares are quotation marks (" ") ellipses (...) apostrophes (') and/or an em dash (--). FIXED.

Part 2

"Theres a 50% off sale at the mall this Friday! Yes I'm serious Lavanya!" She tried to make sense to her friend.

"Gasping over sales, petty isn't it?" 

She didn't have to bother turning around to figure out it was ... "Mr. Raizada, we meet again."

"It's a pleasure indeed," he went along with her facade of formalities.

"Mr. Raizada. I am more than aware of your opinion on our petty discussions. Your wealth is common knowledge but unlike yourself, there are others who'd prefer saving their hard-earned money from being washed away with $3,000 Gucci cufflinks and an $8,000 Rolex watches that are as sensitive to damage as their owners. And anyways, we're common folk, we prefer saving money at malls, a place obviously too tacky for royalty like yourself," she mocked with a smile, "And Mr. Raizada," she took a moment to take in the beauty of his broken ego, "The pleasure is all mine," she walked away with her head held high and of course Lavanya.

I felt like walking over there and giving her a pat on the back, thats my saali! Err... to-be-saali! To-be-saali-if-Bhai-would-just-suck-it-up-and-get-married-to-someone-already.

In my moment of pride, I almost forgot that there was a man picking up his dignity off the floor standing next to me.

"Bhai are you alri--"

"Ms. Gupta!" he followed behind enraged.

"Actually now its officially Dr. Gupta, I graduated this weekend but adding you to the Grad Party-List must have slipped my mind. Anyways, how may I be of your service? It is unfortunate, but I don't speak Prada," she sighed of sarcastic sorrow.

'It is unfortunate indeed, and the fact that you're walking away with my date for the night is unforgivable,"

"Your date? Lavanya?" she turned to her friend.

"Are you Devyani Aunty's grandson?" Lavanya queried.

"You're the dashing, handsome, and intelligent man Akash was talking about?" Khushi couldn't believe her eyes. 

"He needs a new dictionary," Lavanya commented.

"Excuse me?" The Arrogant Raizada raised a brow. 

"You're excused," Khushi smiled

"Khushi, please it's Aunty's grandson, I'll just hang in there for the rest of the night," Lavanya explained before walking off with the elder Raizada.

So Ms. Kashyap as Dr. Gupta didn't take him into very much liking either. Well they are best friends for a reason right? Oh whom am I kidding this was a terrible idea from the start! I shall go call Payal and report our failure yet again.

The two danced, but it was bluntly obvious neither of the two were actually there. Ms. Kashyap was mentally cursing the creators of the song for its never ending length and Bhai was looking around for the one woman who effortlessly left him tongue tied. Yes he was playing this match dirty. With the forbidden weapon of jealousy.

Unfortunately for him, the victim was nowhere to be seen.

"Look Mr. Raizada, tonight was fun and all but its clearly obvious were not going anywhere, together at least. So if you would please..."

"I'll explain to Nani it didn't work out, breathe."

"Thank you, anyways I think dinner is being served," she looked over his shoulder to find the paneer sabzi she loved awaiting her.

"Shouldn't you be waiting for your friend?" he tried to get a clue on her whereabouts.

"She and Mr. Goddwani had dinner much earlier,"

Mr. Goddwani? This couldnt be the same...

"Yes, Mr. Nandkishore Goddwani," her date for the evening.

First he dare accompany the damsel-not-in-distress that caught his eye, and now he turns out to be Mr. Goddwani, Nandkishore rather, his "friend" from high school. I wouldn't be surprised if Bhai combusted this very moment.

"They planned on spending some time alone and decided to eat dinner ahead of time."

"Spending some time alone? Is this a house-warming party or some sort of college house party where people hook-up in whichever empty closet they could find? he asked exasperated."

"You seem to know quite a bit about closeted hook-ups Mr. Raizada", she sneered, "And mind you, they are not eating each others faces off, we had actually planned a Harry Potter marathon in the in-home theater as a trio before I got stuck with a responsibility with a name," she referred to him.

"Ms. Kashyap I'll have you know I'm not enjoying this any more than you are, and you and your friend should not make the blunder of mistaking my manners for cowardice. And because I'm a gentleman, I apologize for ruining your plans. We can join them at once."

"Dude get the hell out of the bathroom you've been in there for 10 minutes!" I heard impatient knocks.

"Bhai, hows the movie?"

"Terrible."

"Really? You must be in some foul mood then, because they're magnificent."

"Well it's kind of hard to appreciate the film when two people are going at it right next to you,"

"They were... I didn't expect this from Khushi and NK, having se-"

"Oh hell no! They weren't-- ughh, thanks for that disturbing mental image, anyways they were holding hands!!"

"And that is your definition of going at it?" Well, weather she was trying or not, Bhai's hair was clearly on fire.

"Akash I don't have time for this, may I?" He gestured towards the bathroom.

Let's hope this ends well.

*CLANK* *THUD*

"So the sink fell?" Lavanya stared at the pitiful sight of her 4-day-old bathroom.

"On your back?" Khushi was skeptical.

"Are your questions really important at a time like this where I'm dying of pain and possibly bleeding!" he tried to brush of their questions, "And can you call up a doctor?" He suggested biting back his smile well knowing--

She grabbed his wrist and pulled him into a room, "Lavanya pass me the first aid. Nandkishore help him onto the bed and take his shirt off, Akash please shut his aaahs & oohs up, and you," she turned to him, "...stop smiling."

Nandkishore, with a disgusted expression on his face that clearly wreaked of jealousy approached to help him unveil his chiseled features to the room before he was stopped by the patient himself.

"Doctor, I am slightly uncomfortable baring myself to more people than is required," He curled his lips eyeing Goddwani dead center.

The younger Gupta simply rolled her eyes, and gestured towards the open door. Everyone including myself left the room, only they know what happened inside.

*Not Akashs point of view for obvious reasons. Written in the third person*

"And locking the door wouldn't hurt," he grinned.

"Take your shirt off Raizada," she dabbed a cotton ball into some alcohol.

"That is no way to talk to your patients Dr. Gupta! And besides, I think you're missing the fact that I'm BLEEDING."

"Of course," she rolled her eyes helped him with his shirt. Say what she did, he was hot. Her eyes fell on his abs, really hot.

He sizzled in pain as she dabbed the cut, and they reached for each others hand, as if it was the most natural thing to do. "It stings," he whispered.

"No shit Sherlock, it's rubbing alcohol, it's supposed to sting." She sassed, but then softly blew on his cut anyways. He smiled when she wasn't looking.

"Pass me three of the big band-aids," she extended her arm. "By the way, this was really stupid,"

"What?" he handed her the band-aids.

"This I-ripped-the-sink-out-in-anger-and-then-scratched-myself scene. It would be considered psychologically abnormal and I'd have to refer you to a psychiatrist if I didn't know better,"

"Know better?"

"We're more similar than you think Mr. Raizada, to most people your frame of mind might seem irrational, which it is, but people like us...we don't feel and do in rational amounts. We're not angry--we're infuriated, we don't resent--we burn of jealousy, and we don't infatuate--we love.

"I am still failing to understand what you are trying to say but does it by any chance mean you're alright with my little stint there?"

"No! Absolutely not! Because it's still utterly ridiculous! I'm just saying, I sort of understand and I will not deem you as insane and send you off to the hospital," she helped button up the shirt.

"Good because I'm not, and I wasn't jealous either! I just fancy the idea of a gruesome scar on my back,"

"Of course you do Mr. Raizada," she rolled her eyes, "And well, I thought I'd let you know you're excuses are getting lamer by the second," she headed for the door, "Just make sure it doesn't happen again otherwise I will not hesitate to call the psychiatric ward and Delhi State Hospital,"

"I..."

"Khushi! Are you almost done? They have your favorite song playing and I was wondering if you wanted to dance," NK was obviously getting impatient from the hall.

"...can't promise," 

God this man! Never met such a stubborn anything-year-old in her life! 

He raised his brows coyly and before he knew it, her lips were on his, gentle yet passionate, much like herself.

"How 'bout now?"

"A promise it is."

He was about to ask for a bit more, it was the least he deserved after the weeks of torment, but they were interrupted with an impatient knock on the door. 

"Are you two lovebirds finally succumbing to Cupid's arrow?" Akash knocked again.

"This never happened." She commanded.

"Agreed."

There is no next part, it was a two shot, and I'm pretty satisfied.

-Shweta

Edited by -ForeverYours- - 26 August 2013 at 12:25pm

The following 78 member(s) liked the above post:

LovenallipkndFanthepelicandivyyasreeprincessep13safi767ritumnoblytr0001McAwesomnessArshian4liferaniii2mythrayeArshinmeNavjotScutyanushkacrazygurlvplh79KushiArnavlilyattitudesumalizyanahmankhushspongebobchickshreyasoniaabayanceinluvwivARHIArmelabhumi16funwe23Crinklez.suri2610richa1792samaz95gatapalaayanThronell..Gungun..llarpitasharmajg12iris_iris2srija.singh04RandomGirllovebarun...arnavbaruncrazyaddictionmeghnasmalosecrackerszonemrin0709EimenEnchantedRhysennRishita.SIholicdevishreeplease6sathyaishsrain10-DobByDoDgeR-arshy4ever-.Pari.-blackdovemastermagiciandaisydee425chulbuli94koiskJaveria3991nadiafarjanaArshi67KishmishMISTIERish_RublesPdroverLyssaPieOmNaMaSteOmOnepoundChicpup03drfizaahmedchavvi16

..Shweta.. IF-Rockerz
..Shweta..
..Shweta..

Posted: 21 August 2013 at 11:06pm | IP Logged

*note moved to the post itself*

Edited by -ForeverYours- - 21 August 2013 at 11:07pm
abayance Senior Member
abayance
abayance

Posted: 22 August 2013 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
nice and refreshing story :)

Go to top