*Awarded* TS: The Adamant Couple (Last Part: Page 7)

..Shweta.. thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
So apparently this TS was Runner-Up OS of the week. Thanks for appreciating my drifting sarcasm.
Thanks for letting me know "lazyleaves" and "dj_arshifan" about the win.

The Adamant Couple
Part 1

It's been a month. A long month of 31 days both and Bhai and Ms. Gupta alike are churlishly refusing to even acknowledge the bluntly obvious attraction. The former's frustration and the latter's tension make it difficult for the spectators as well.

And well, I have a girl in mind for myself. The older Ms. Gupta, beautiful akin to her younger sibling, yet mature. And I've been courting the older Ms. Gupta for almost a year. Lovely she is, really.

However due to the people and the circumstances in the mansion, it would be foolish to approach Nani with our courtship. Everyone is fretting about Bhai. If he had it his way, he'd be making sure I'd never get married.

I gave myself valuable credit for coming up with the clever idea of presenting to him the younger Ms. Gupta, however had I known she would be no less of a stubborn child than Bhai, I would have never allowed the acquaintance to form.

But the damage has been done. Bhai was clearly smitten, or as close to smitten as someone like Arnav Singh Raizada could get.

For a moment Payal and I thought our prayers had been answered in the form of the younger Ms. Gupta, that was until she made the mistake of hurting Bhai's most prized possession--his ego.

"So your thoughts on friendships, romance...marriage?" Bhai busied, rather gave the pretense of busying himself, with the situation of the handkerchief in his front pocket. Progress was better than I had expected, I couldn't believe he would go as far as marriage on just the first day. 

"Friendships are necessary, romance is an almost inevitable part of life, and marriages are... I don't know something similar to an accessory."

"An accessory?" He was intrigued, "I wouldn't expect that answer from a lady like yourself, the irony is rather bizarre,"

"Marriages are nothing but a stamp on a relationship for society's sake, but I don't cater to society, therefore when in a romance if I decide to get married, I would consider it an accessory to romance. And a lady like me? Did I make an inappropriate statement? I don't appreciate you thinking so highly of my opinion Mr. Raizada," she squelched.

"And I don't appreciate the accusations Ms. Gupta. Your liberated thoughts are indeed something to admire, I was just expressing my astonishment as I expected family oriented women like you do be dreaming about marriage like it was your job. The value of words like Romance and Courtship are lost in times like today where the the center-piece on the tables at your wedding reception have become clearly more important topics to women," he tried to ease the tension of his error.

"Blaming the women, how predictable. I'll have you know Mr. Raizada, I was very impressed with you the moment you walked through that door but sadly you're no different. And of course, words like Romance and Courtship have lost their value due to men like yourself pushing for obtaining this socially-acceptable-sex licence!" She almost shouted.

Before he could argue further, she excused herself for dinner.

Since then, the two have had a few more ego-battles, or encounters as those unaware would say due to the indifference printed on their faces when battling...err...conversing. But clearly each found the other appealing, as both Bhai and the younger Ms. Gupta subtly refused every other proposal. 

Luckily today, I was able to convince him to meet, just meet, with the only Ms. Kashyap, a good friend of the youngest Ms. Gupta. Although I did have to lure him with the knowledge that Ms. Gupta would too be at the Kashyap's House Warming Party. 

Unfortunately, however, I didn't know at the time, that Ms. Gupta would be attending the party...but with a suitor.

Here's the banner for Runner-Up OS:

The story itself after reading it over vaguely resembles Taming of The Shrew by Shakespeare flipped but I wouldn't count on it.
I used Akash's point of view because as silly as it sounds, I was missing him, and I thought it would present things in a manner quite enjoyable and humorous.

I hope you liked it! 

-Shweta
Edited by -ForeverYours- - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Titaliya_AP thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
A

--edited--

I'm still wondering why you thought I won't like it... And mind you I'll get my answer.

Actually when you first said I thought "Oh this will be something dark or angst related." Because although I can read and admire those who write such genres, I have my reasons for preferring lighter stories.

Anyways, before I go on and on, I'll give you what you've been waiting for... My opinion!

Honestly?

Well I wasn't expecting Aakash's point of view. But I've been missing the Raizada siblings. I for one had loved all the IPKKND characters including Aakash, but sadly they killed his character! I used to love the subtle way he teased Arnav!

"Yeh kaun si ladki hai jisne gaadi se zyada ASR ke dimaag pe dent kar diya." I die everytime at this dialogue! Bahahaha!

Whoops... Back to the TS...

What I liked was the twist with showing PayAsh as Cupid rather than ArHi! What a treat to read! :)

I always love Khushi, but I just adore this Khushi! Mwah!

If there's an Arnav Singh Raizada and a Khushi Kumari Gupta then how can there not be such... discussions. ;)

And you my dear are such a tease! What a place to end! Actually I'm glad with that, because I always see Arnav going out with some other girl or something and then making Khushi jealous, I hardly see a jealous Arnav with including a jealous Khushi :P

So I'll be waiting very IMpatiently till you update the next part! ^_^
Edited by Titaliya_AP - 10 years ago
Kishmish thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Where ever there is Arnav and Khushi ... there is bound to be fire works ... 😆
Their verbal battle was just awesome ... 
If Arnav thinks that he is smart he just doesn't know what has hit him right now ... 
Khushi's "if I decide to get married, I would consider it an accessory to romance... " hahaha 
Poor Aakash and Payal just don't know how to handle the duo ... 

Thanks ... Waiting eagerly for the next one ... 
Edited by Kishmish - 10 years ago
aycma98 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I loved it. It has a mix of wit, sarcasm and humor. I was clearly not expect such answer from Khushi, but it seems like the roles are reversed, and I can't wait to see how the story unfolds... 
Titaliya_AP thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Edited! That too on time, mind you! Also yeh lamba wala comment hai! :P
Dreamer3003 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome start 👏
I din expect akash's pov 😳
Well written 👏
Continue soon 😊
Chandu2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Interesting...do pm me when you continue!!
Nimie207 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Good to c u aftr sooo looonnnggg..as always mindblowing!!!!!
please6 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Love the concept but plzzz make the next update based on arhi point of view
meghnas thumbnail
very interesting! i love the aristocratic British feel the story has :) looking forward to Arnav's reaction!