Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

DC Reflection - 31

redwine1 IF-Rockerz
redwine1
redwine1

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 7:59pm | IP Logged

"Aapko Shaadi karne ki itni jaldi thi ..."

Welcome to yet another edition of Reflections, todays episode can be called a " Tale of 2 sisters" the episode was dedicated to the SISTERS ... both passionately trying to protect & nurture their sibling ... Both inadvertently trying to TAKE THEM away from their DESTINY ... but they say na ... "Muddai Laakh bura chahe toh kya hota hai ... wohi hota hai jo manzure DM hota hai" 

It was a bright sunny day ... nary a cloud in the sky .. it was in the middle of a deserted abandoned road ... a place Arnav always goes to when he is unravelled .. when he wants answers ... so was it any wonder ...  that he pulled a hurt bewildered khushi out of the car ... & asked her ... 

"Khushi mujhe batana zaroori nahin samjha?" 
to which she replied ... " aapko shaadi karne ki itni jaldi thi ..."

The clouds which covered their love ... the clouds which shrouded their love .. were removed that day .. it took them time to find the path amidst the glare of the sun ... but find the path they did ... but the clouds sure took a long time to move away ... 

The clouds which formed on a stormy rainy night ... got cleared on that bright sunny day ... 

Clouds when they create such a dense cover ... they sometimes part ... sometimes overflow .. & then only bright sunshine can clear it away .. similarly Arnav & Khushi's love ... the cloud of denial covered their love .. a denial to accept ki .. " farak padta hai" ... a denial to accept that ... " saansein ruk jaayengi" ... that love sometimes over flowed when it could not be contained .. viz  Diwali, dhaba, Teej, Payash wedding , Holi , heer ranjha .. etc etc ... but it took that trip down the abandoned road to clear the cloud of their relation ...  

A couple of days back i had written about the significance of the abandoned road & shown u the link of the same with Arnav's abandoned & cheated  feelings ... now if u sit back & think .. wasnt it absolutely BANG ON .. that Arnav found FAITH ... & BELONGING in the middle of the road ... 

Okay now to the above dialog .. which spoke it all that day .. Khushi told him ... "aapko shaadi karne ki itni jaldi thi" ...  superbly brings about the irony that was IPK ... 
when i sat to watch episode 31 ... i had this ridiculous grin on my face when i heard Arnav pronounce to all & sundry ... DO U WANT UR DAUGHTER TO MARRY A MAN  ... WHO DOESNT WISH TO MARRY ...

La's dialog to Anji on the day she left Shantivan .. came hurtling into my mind ... " ASR shaadi karenge jab unhe theek lage ga ..."  
Some one on DC beautifully likened Arnav's name to that of an ocean .. that's what it means ... & so true was that ... a reflection of which u can c in todays episode .. an ocean cant be contained .. an ocean cant be made to toe a path .. an ocean cant be made to bend ... an ocean gets stormy .. it envelops u in calm & love .. it also can destroy in rage ... which accurately sums up Arnav ... 

Arnav was totally rattled ... in the past few days .. his emotions went thru the most devastating wringer ... he felt acute passion for a chit of a girl ... his anger raged out of control .. he battled his feelings .. till the time he could not control himself .. & had to run & protect his heart .. his happiness .. his peace of mind .. his Khushi ... 

On saving her .. there was no peace to be had .. coz he was not able to apologise to her ... he was not able to tend to her .. he was not able to hear her speak .. ... its this unravelled young man who comes home ... to be bombarded by his family on Lavanya ... WHO THE HELL IS LAVANYA .. is the thing he wants to roar ... I DONT CARE ABOUT HER ... she is my safety net ... amidst all this a voice inside him bursts out in a small whisper ... 

"PATA NAHI KYA KIYA HAI " 

someone on DC mentioned .. that it was DUTY which made Arnav run to the guest house to save KHUSHI ... well .. i have a different take to it ... ofcourse it was not LOVE ... LOVE as a word was unknown to these 2 misguided lovers ... BUT it was a NEED ... It was a debilating need to PROTECT .. that which was HIS ... a need he knew he had .. a need he had yet to understand why he had ... hence the above dialog ... 

PATA NAHI KYA KIA HAI ... he is unravelled by the feelings she instills in him ... DESIRE he understands ... but this NEED TO HAVE & TO HOLD ... this is a need he has no understanding of ... accept in the terms of his sister ... a woman who is his whole LIFE ... the need to protect her .. is the mantra of his life ... hi DI was his LIFE ... & now a chit of a girl .. had given birth to the same feelings in him ... 

he knows how all encompassing his love is ... thats the reason he does not give it that easily ... he knows the responsibility that loving someone brings on him ... he knows how protective his love is .. how possessive ... he knows for him LOVE IS LIFE ... & fledglings of those feelings are being evoked in him by KHUSHI ... now connect this to La's dialog to Anji 
(which i have written above) ... ONLY a need to HAVE & TO HOLD what is HIS ... will make him take that ULTIMATE STEP ... MARRIAGE ... 

Now to the episode ... 

A tale of 2 sisters ... wasnt that what this episode was all about ... 2 sisters battling to protect & nurture their siblings ... WAS IT ANY WONDER ... that the same siblings ... loved them with total DEVOTION .. The sisters on this day ... were fighting to PROTECT their loved ones ... A sister who sees a restlessness in her brother .. calmly tells him .. u have made ur destiny ... ( whoa whoa whoa ... DID SHE UNDERSTAND What she said that day ... YES Arnav made his destiny .. & hers as well .. when he leaked NEWS bits about himself & a young damsel) ... she feels he will calm down when he sits back & settles ... 
A sister who came from a family which was finished DUE TO A FIGHT ... always worried when there was a fight ... in her mind .. a fight leads to a FAMILY being BRUTALLY BROKEN ... so she steps forth ... to end the fight she wants to FIX her brothers marriage .. knowing FULL WELL he will NOT MARRY ... 

Now lets look at the other sister ... 

Payal ... fiercely protective older sister ... a woman of this big a heart so as to embrace a little nobody as a loving younger sister ... her acceptance gave KHUSHI a family ... wasnt it only fitting that for this very sister ... that KHUSHI got a family yet again ... 
Payal is fighting to separate KHUSHI .. from the person she thinks is not right for her ... she wants to take her away ...  

On the other side .. her buaji ... is also fighting to keep her away ... & the seeds of a creating a match with the devil is born in her mind ... 

SO what did we get this episode ... 

We got an entire family fighting to keep the 2 lovers away ... one by fixing his marriage ... one by removing her from his orbit ... but they say na ... " Muddai laakh bura chahe toh kya hota hai ... wohi hota hai jo manzure khuda hota hai" ...

Arnav proclaimed HE WILL NOT MARRY ... & Khushi proclaimed ... she was going to GO TO OFFICE ... & THEN RESIGN .. she wanted to LOOK INTO HIS EYES ... she wanted to feel his presence .. when she CUT HERSELF OFF from HIM ... 

The result of this we all know ... they met .. they fought .. they separated ... but the IMPACT of that meeting made their heart beat in tandem ... 
For her even after telling him to go to hell .. she would not rest ... for him .. he could still not speak what was in his heart ... that " Hamesha Sambhalta Rahoonga"

DIRECTOR'S CUT ... 

Now if some of u have read my takes in DC's first avatar or my alma mater Redux .. u would've read my "Main aur Mr. Khan" tales .. mr. Khan being Arshad Khan the director of the show ... 

I have waxed lyrical on him ... but more times than not .. he brought out my acerbic side ... tonite .. let me resurrect that talk ... 

As i sat to watch episode 31 ... ( now the beginning episodes of IPK .. were being managed by the master of romance on TV .. Nissar Parvez ..& u can see the difference why )... let me point to u a small but a huge significant moment in episode 3 & 31 ... its the viewing of JALEBI BAI ... 

The need to make jalebi ..in times of stress was extremely important .for KHUSHI . just like Arnav's drive to the abandoned road ... (will give u my version of jalebi bai one day) ... NOw if u notice in episode 3 & 31 this appearance happens ... Now please grab ur remote & pause at Jalebi making moment ... notice KHUSHI's hands ... she is stressed .. she is worried .. she is unravelled ... all that is reflected in her making of the jalebi .. her hands work super fast .. her mind equally fast .. & amidst all this she keeps consuming the Jalebi  at super fast speeds ... 

Now this episode was directed by Nissar Parvez .. so was the episode 3 ...As the serial progressed .. the directors mantle was taken over by others ... now u can see the difference in the making .. Khushi's hands in later episodes dont work so fast .. her mind is not working as fast ... she is not oblivious to people around her ... she does not consume the jalebi as quickly as she is doing now ... 

completely takes away from the meaning of the JALEBI BAI .. the significance of this is lost ... Arnav's drive had to be fast .. his thots in a quandary .. had to be there for the significance of the abandoned road to make sense ... a good director would understand the nuance of these 2 absolutely IMPORTANT peeks into the psyche of the leads ...

Sadly technicals for which 4 lions always prided itself .. really moved to a downward spiral ... but .. since the content was KING ... it kept us in thrall .

Guys a small one today ... but am really pressed for time ... will definitlly write a longer one on the VERBAL SLAP GAtE episode ... 

ENJOY READING ... 

CU at The IPKs ... 

Edited by redwine1 - 15 August 2013 at 9:52pm

The following 25 member(s) liked the above post:

tweeter13helenManabrissamaria1878supermom1xyzw231kushi0006mukta3112Msserialfan123IpoonaBavarisslmay11spsharmilapriyatnl.GirlOfFireVancouverBCHriju321tvbug2011shuttershikha208msinJyo.Arshi.IPKpup03nishu_shornaArshi.Sugi.IPK

Hriju321 IF-Dazzler
Hriju321
Hriju321

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 8:48pm | IP Logged
Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shikha208

shutter IF-Dazzler
shutter
shutter

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 12:04am | IP Logged

U guys at DC present a new dimension to every character, thought, emotion and dialogues!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just can't get enough of IPK nor the writings of u guys (even though i am but a mere reader ad viewer)!!!!!!!!!

But u ppl are simple fab... ur take and analysis of all the episodes is superb!!!!!!!! even an episode with no connect and other crappy happenings gets a better perspective through ur writings!!!!!!

Hats off!!!!!!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

supermom1Bavariiritz

iritz IF-Dazzler
iritz
iritz

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 12:55am | IP Logged
Marked !

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

helenMshikha208

Jyo.Arshi.IPK IF-Sizzlerz
Jyo.Arshi.IPK
Jyo.Arshi.IPK

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 5:25am | IP Logged
Okay I know its been ages since I cam here and am really sorry !! 

my college timing is kinda crazy ... 7 to 5 and I come back sloshed ... so that practically makes it unable to post regularly here but I will make an appearence whenever possible !! 

coming to DC 31 ... this episode was just bang on !! 

when Khushi came and handed over the resignation ... she may not belong to ASR's world but she did something that no one in his world ever dared to do !! 

She refused ASR and threw him out of her life not care a damn as to what she is doing or who she is up against !! She didnt care ... everyone dies to get a piece of ASR ... a chance to be close to him no matter how he treats them and here was one girl whom told him NO !! 

thats what made this episode special for me ... and she did it in front of his family ... in front of 2 people who know and fully accepts the fact their Arnav isnt perfect !! 

sorry about keeping my comment short but I have to rush !! 

cheers everyone !! Smile

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

anabrissasupermom1VancouverBCBavariHriju321tvbug2011shikha208nishu_shorna

nishu_shorna IF-Sizzlerz
nishu_shorna
nishu_shorna

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 2:55am | IP Logged
Superb post Ruby...as always...and well said Jyo...
Lovebarunie Groupbie
Lovebarunie
Lovebarunie

Posted: 30 October 2013 at 6:03am | IP Logged
Love the analysisThumbs Up

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top