Jodha and her hatred for Jalal

swtngl thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

I am going to take a shot at analyzing Jodha's character. This is just my opinion.

Jodha is proud, courageous, wise, honorable and kind. She does have her faults. Sometimes she is so proud that it borders arrogance. Once she believes she is right then nothing else matters. The other bad thing about her is that she is not a good critical thinker. I feel that right now she is so warped up in her hatred for Jalal that she doesn't see anything outside of the box. Jalal is not making it easy for her either to see his good side.

Beginning of her hatred for Jalal

Jodha hatred for Jalal runs deep and it will take time for her to see the good in him. Jodha has been protected by her family. She finds out that Mughals are looting temples when she saw it herself. This is the first time she get to know about Jalal and wanted his "sar" for daring to loot temples.  Then Motibai attempts to burn herself after she is rescued. In Jodha's eyes, this was Jalal's doing and blamed him for it. From then on her hatred only grew for Jalal as she got to know more about him and his cruelty acts. When Jalal saves Abdul from the jail, Jodha sees this as an act of treachery and cowardness on his part. In her point of view, he is already immoral and cruel but now she can add a coward and deceitful in Jalal's attributes. She doesn't see that he came to enemy territory by himself to free his man instead of leaving him there. In her anger, she does not think outside the box. 

War and Wedding

After Suryabhan dies, the way Jodha picks herself up was admirable. She does not think about what she has just lost instead focuses on her brothers. When her father tells her that he made a promise for her hand in marriage, being a dutiful daughter she accepts it.  Although I was glad that she found out that she is marrying Jalal, her mortal enemy, I also felt sad for her. With everything that happened in the past few months, this topped the charts.  Before she knew, she was marrying Jalal at least she had hope of getting revenge. Now she has lost the hope for revenge and his "sar." Even then she agrees to get married and goes to get the wedding gown.  After Maham tells her that the designer can't make another one like this one or else he will lose his hands, she burns the wedding gown. She is reminded of Jalal's cruelty and looting of the temple when she sees everything he sent. If Maham hadn't said anything, she probably would have just accepted it but then we, the viewers, wouldn't get to see any drama. She gets married to Jalal reluctantly and why not. Jodha hasn't forgotten about Suryabhan, she still has the her necklace he returned to her and the ring he gave her. She was going to marry Suryabhan and like any other girl she had dreams about her marriage life. She probably had thought she was going to be the wife of a brave, honorable, kind, and respectful man, Suryabhan. In Jodha's point of view, Jalal is none of that. She only has her hatred for him. 

Post wedding

For Jodha, Jalal is the reason her life is miserable. Somewhere in her mind, she is probably comparing Jalal to Suryabhan. Everytime Jalal does something, she is thinking he (Suryabhan) wouldn't have done that. Jalal doesn't respect her. He tells her to sing; she refuses and says I am your wife not a maid. Yet he goes again and tells her to sing; only this time she can't refuse. So she sings a song that she knows which angers Jalal. Regarding the mirch incident, her not believing him is his own doing. A few days ago, Jalal pretended to hurt his hand and Jodha fed him only to realize that he was lying. How does she know that he's not lying to obtain her sympathy? She knows how much mirch she added and no one said it was spicy before then why is only he (Jalal) saying it's spicy. Because Jodha did not taste the mirch wala khana, she has no idea that he is saying the truth. Even on today's episode, she says why did he ask me to cook when he can't even eat just a little bit mirch wala khana . After Jalal tells her that he married her for revenge and hates her, she can't help but second guess his motive every single time. Jodha does not trust him which is why she is cautious and indifferent in front of him. Jalal is set on making her life hell and putting her down every chance he gets. If she is to survive whatever Jalal is going to throw at her, she needs her self-righteousness. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweet_5 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
A great post!

I understand what your saying about the stubbornness, I find it quite funny but I think the key is to not go on with the stubborn track for too long because then we would be on a never ending road. I have a feeling we will all start to lose interest quite quickly

It's gonna be hard work on both characters side to let their guard down..one is always going to wait for the other to bend firstEdited by sweet_5 - 10 years ago
riyya6 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
a good post 👍🏼... her hatred towards Jalal is such thats she dun want to see it other way round...😳
ashpat thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: swtngl

I am going to take a shot at analyzing Jodha's character. This is just my opinion.

Jodha is proud, courageous, wise, honorable and kind. She does have her faults. Sometimes she is so proud that it borders arrogance. Once she believes she is right then nothing else matters. The other bad thing about her is that she is not a good critical thinker. I feel that right now she is so warped up in her hatred for Jalal that she doesn't see anything outside of the box. Jalal is not making it easy for her either to see his good side.

Beginning of her hatred for Jalal

Jodha hatred for Jalal runs deep and it will take time for her to see the good in him. Jodha has been protected by her family. She finds out that Mughals are looting temples when she saw it herself. This is the first time she get to know about Jalal and wanted his "sar" for daring to loot temples.  Then Motibai attempts to burn herself after she is rescued. In Jodha's eyes, this was Jalal's doing and blamed him for it. From then on her hatred only grew for Jalal as she got to know more about him and his cruelty acts. When Jalal saves Abdul from the jail, Jodha sees this as an act of treachery and cowardness on his part. In her point of view, he is already immoral and cruel but now she can add a coward and deceitful in Jalal's attributes. She doesn't see that he came to enemy territory by himself to free his man instead of leaving him there. In her anger, she does not think outside the box. 

War and Wedding

After Suryabhan dies, the way Jodha picks herself up was admirable. She does not think about what she has just lost instead focuses on her brothers. When her father tells her that he made a promise for her hand in marriage, being a dutiful daughter she accepts it.  Although I was glad that she found out that she is marrying Jalal, her mortal enemy, I also felt sad for her. With everything that happened in the past few months, this topped the charts.  Before she knew, she was marrying Jalal at least she had hope of getting revenge. Now she has lost the hope for revenge and his "sar." Even then she agrees to get married and goes to get the wedding gown.  After Maham tells her that the designer can't make another one like this one or else he will lose his hands, she burns the wedding gown. She is reminded of Jalal's cruelty and looting of the temple when she sees everything he sent. If Maham hadn't said anything, she probably would have just accepted it but then we, the viewers, wouldn't get to see any drama. She gets married to Jalal reluctantly and why not. Jodha hasn't forgotten about Suryabhan, she still has the her necklace he returned to her and the ring he gave her. She was going to marry Suryabhan and like any other girl she had dreams about her marriage life. She probably had thought she was going to be the wife of a brave, honorable, kind, and respectful man, Suryabhan. In Jodha's point of view, Jalal is none of that. She only has her hatred for him. 

Post wedding

For Jodha, Jalal is the reason her life is miserable. Somewhere in her mind, she is probably comparing Jalal to Suryabhan. Everytime Jalal does something, she is thinking he (Suryabhan) wouldn't have done that. Jalal doesn't respect her. He tells her to sing; she refuses and says I am your wife not a maid. Yet he goes again and tells her to sing; only this time she can't refuse. So she sings a song that she knows which angers Jalal. Regarding the mirch incident, her not believing him is his own doing. A few days ago, Jalal pretended to hurt his hand and Jodha fed him only to realize that he was lying. How does she know that he's not lying to obtain her sympathy? She knows how much mirch she added and no one said it was spicy before then why is only he (Jalal) saying it's spicy. Because Jodha did not taste the mirch wala khana, she has no idea that he is saying the truth. Even on today's episode, she says why did he ask me to cook when he can't even eat just a little bit mirch wala khana . After Jalal tells her that he married her for revenge and hates her, she can't help but second guess his motive every single time. Jodha does not trust him which is why she is cautious and indifferent in front of him. Jalal is set on making her life hell and putting her down every chance he gets. If she is to survive whatever Jalal is going to throw at her, she needs her self-righteousness. 

A great in-depth analysis of Jodha!!! I don't think that i need to add anything else to this. The bolded part were bang-on in my opinion. I think there were few posts about mirchi incident which questioned jodha's behavior but ur analysis justifies it.👏

swtngl thumbnail
😊.Thanks. It took me more than 5 hours to write this analysis, I am glad that I could do some justice to Jodha's character. The mirch incident is what prompted me to write my analysis of Jodha. I didn't think her behavior was inappropriate. Jodha has been put through the emotional roller coaster so many times in the last few months from Suryabhan's death till now. She doesn't trust Jalal and nor has he given her any assurance that she can trust him. She keeps second guessing him and he wants her to second guess him. He wants her on her toes. 
Super Kool thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wow!!!! Wow!!!! Wow!!!! Very well analysed post on Jodha...👍🏼
Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Good analysis.

Her pride keeps her from seeing the truth., she is blinded by hatred.
Bushra_Munia thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow... A gr8 post on jodha
teletubby thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
a superb analysis of jo indeed!!!

u r right... jo has her reasons n this MU is going to go on fr some tym as reconciliation is still a long way off! but of course its how thy show it is important,, hope thy dont carry it on to exasperating lengths!!
as fr jo i feel peeps r being too harsh on her n her reasons n motivations hav been made pretty clear by cvs as also stated lucidly by u!! 👏
swtngl thumbnail

Originally posted by: teletubby

a superb analysis of jo indeed!!!

u r right... jo has her reasons n this MU is going to go on fr some tym as reconciliation is still a long way off! but of course its how thy show it is important,, hope thy dont carry it on to exasperating lengths!!
as fr jo i feel peeps r being too harsh on her n her reasons n motivations hav been made pretty clear by cvs as also stated lucidly by u!! 👏

By MU, I guess you mean maha udah rite. Yea it will continue on for a while, maybe months, specially with the news about motibai. I hope she will be saved by Jodha. The CV can't kill her because Jodha's character will never forgive Jalal. They way CVs have portrayed Jodha, she will hold him responsible for it just like she hold Sujamal responsible for the lost war and the death of Suryabhan. Sujamal was the closet person to her. When she saw Sujamal, all she remembered was his betrayal and Suryabhan's death. Even if she thinks of Sujamal, that is what she remembers. If Motibai dies then there will be no chance of her falling in love with him. All she will see in Jalal is that he is responsible for killing my friend.