Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

ADDICTED!! SEASON 2 - PART 4 (Page 19)

bluebolt Senior Member
bluebolt
bluebolt

Posted: 02 October 2013 at 5:07am | IP Logged

Meeting No. 3

That night I went home dreamy eyed. I looked at myself in the mirror and I couldn't stop my lips from curving into a huge smile. I was losing my mind. Suddenly, in between my assignment, I would blush and smile and close my eyes in embarrassment. I could not believe that this was really happening in my life. It was like a sweet thrilling dream.

The next two days I did not see him as I was busy with school. I have classes all day on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. My thoughts would betray me and keep going back to him intermittently during my classes. I could not talk about him with my father, for obvious reasons and Swetha would have lectured me to stay away from the playboy. So, for now, the word is mum. And anyways, we just talked. Nothing beyond that. But, somehow, it didn't really seem like that. It felt like so much more, like I knew him since forever - that there was a deep undeniable connection somewhere. Isn't that strange?

It was Friday and it was work day. This was going to be my schedule for this semester. I was excited to go to work.

Are you excited to go to work or are you excited to see him? I question myself as I look into the mirror and I wasn't quite sure about the answer. All my life I was so thoughtful and logical. Every action was mine had a reason but what is this? I had no explanation for my wayward thoughts and spontaneous feelings.

I am wearing a rose colored dress and my grey blazer over it. Intentionally, I do not wear my charm bracelets. I look at the time and wearing my wedge heels and grabbing by now overlarge sachet, I run out and... then.. run in again. I quickly go to the mirror and apply some more mascara and another coat of my peachy lipstick and finally get out of the apartment.

At work, I made new friends that day. We had started working on our project. We had made a lists of the galleries in the city that were open or going to be open. We were to visit all of them and make a report. Based on the cost and valuation of the art, we were to buy five pieces for each floor and there were five floors allotted to us. It was a huge budget project and by the end of the day, as we finished making the list, I was exhausted. More than exhaustion, I guess I was a little disappointed as there was no sign of Mr.Cryptic anywhere. Where did he disappear?

At the cafeteria, after the rush hour, I was sitting at the counter with my sketch book, trying to draw for my class. The assignment was to make a sketch. My professor was a really passionate guy. It was so romantic when he said sketch something from your everyday life.  It could be a coffee cup, it could be a tree or a flower. But, it has to have a unique perspective, something that everybody else 'looks at' but does not 'see.'

I kept looking at the coffee cup on the counter to see anything hidden in it that nobody else other than me than find. There were scratches on the bottom that you couldn't see unless you look really, really close. Argh! What am I doing!

I put the cup away and look around bored.

I feel him before I see him. The most handsome guy in the world just walked into my cafe. I wonder if he is just walking into the cafe or into my life - my heart? One look and him and I know the answer. How can a guy I didnt know a week back, have such an affect on me? And he really is much more than what I had been imagining. I guess I hadn't captured his beautiful face in all its essence and glory. He was wearing formals again - a beige colored shirt, work trousers, the same laptop bag and that killer attitude I so vividly remember. All my life, I liked humble, modest and down-to-earth then why this sudden fall for arrogance and attitude?  

I idly wish to see him in casuals or at the beach, in a swimming pool. Woah! talk about stray thoughts !!! Why does he create such a mad excitement within me?

Our eyes lock and he slides the headphones he has on to around his neck and gives me a boyish smile. It was like a scene from a romantic flick, where the guy looks at the girl for the first time and then they show her turn around and smile in slow motion, creating some kind of magic in the air that nobody other than the guy feels. Except that, in this case, the girl is looking at the guy and this isn't really the first time we are seeing each other. How is it that everytime I see him, it just feels newer and the connection stronger?

"Hi...Manvi!" he says, once at the counter, stressing every syllable of my name. Aw, my name sounds so sweet rolling out of his toungue. And is there a hint of tease in his voice? I think so, maybe because he is still happy with himself that he has kept me hanging about his name.

"Hi!" I wanted to smile but I frown.

"The same?" I ask.

"The same." He repeats with a small smile.

Yes, I remember how you like your coffee. I have a good memory, I can actually look at the person and recollect what they had ordered the previous day or the day before that, or...the day before that. Alright, okay, I don't think I remember anybody's order from three days ago. But then you are not someone I can just forget.

"Why the frown?" he asks.

"Uh?" I look at him not understanding his question.

He points towards his burrowed brows and then at mine.

I shake my head and smile, handing him his coffee.

"I think I know why?" he continues.

"Yeah?"

"You are still sulking that I haven't told you my name." he blinks his eyes.

Sulking? Me? How presumptuous!

I was standing in front of the register with both my hands on the counter. "That will be a dollar twenty five...Viraat." I tell him with a straight face.

Immediately, he breaks into a goofy smile and it is infectious, I mirror him. He taps his heart with his fist dramatically as if touched by my words. "You seem very pleased with yourself today." He comments.

"I made good friends at the office." I simply say.

"Stay away from the guys in the building. Arrogant and rude." he shakes his head disapprovingly.

"Including you?"

"Including me." He replies readily.

"I will keep that in mind. Thanks for the tip."

"You are most welcome." He says, handing me the money. He holds his coffee but doesn't move. I don't want him to leave either. Thankfully, this time of the day, there is not much rush. He is looking at my sketch book.

"What are you working on there?"

I roll my eyes looking at the book. "I am out of inspiration. I need to sketch something for my class."

"Oh, this one time, I was a model for a sculpting class. It was the most embarrassing day of my life." he told me, his face holding an expression of shock as if chocking on an unpleasant memory.

"Oh?" I gape at him. Is he saying what I think he is saying? The image of him standing all bare in front of a dozen girls flashes in front of my eyes. And I feel my face warm up at the thought. Gosh! 

He raises his eyebrows and gapes back at me.

"Oh, uh..." I cough. "That sounds um...embarrassing." 

"I am kidding." he laughs staring at my face.

I frown at him as he chuckles. "Ofcourse you are."

"On Friday evenings, we usually go out for a drink at this place about a block away from here." He explained. "I was going go there before I head home. Do you want to come, with me?" he asks and there is a restrained anticipation in his voice.

"We?"

"Some folks from the office."

"Oh?"

"I will wait until you get off your shift. You owe me one anyways, remember?" he was referring to the night at the bar. Weird stranger on the footpath!

"Sure. That will be nice." I tell him, a bit unsure of myself. 

"Awesome." He smiles and settles at the table outside.

Oh my god! What am I going to do now? Did he just asked me out? Well, not really - we will be with other people in the office. But, I am suddenly very nervous. Is this really happening?

Important note: Will be moving to Wattpad shortly. Follow me here --> http://www.wattpad.com/user/BoltBlue

or my facebook page where the links will be posted almost immediately after I update --> https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bolt-from-the-blue/136903189848634

Edited by bluebolt - 02 October 2013 at 5:19am

The following 65 member(s) liked the above post:

mehaj_esmailmysteriousmeAnkita....abc456MariddarizzzzzzzzzzruheeDOLLY_SHARMAabhinav23MNunnatellyroxaieshapatel77aditidixit20JISNA.Devan.monalisanisha22222dania6Udaya2AYARLINNishiarorasimmy7teenaalexishehnazmithanisweettasianu1989..BiLlY..--Lalz--Faria12345SS4MaNanramaniranideepika03X_LifeBhabani90anvyagnihotriSNTGvirmanhusKicha111lujeyn9Polo_skushal90manvilover18macleansmileysmi.jai.daydreamer9chandiniebindanrithyaoSuarez..BlueBird..jia123sagarneha fan1Jannat94-DeeNaa-JESNIAvirman.lovermystery75devilaonmoonpink1roshreb.Yamin.rasp_berrylittlesmileSyed695ShivRajput-LumosMaxima-

roshreb IF-Rockerz
roshreb
roshreb

Posted: 02 October 2013 at 5:07am | IP Logged
agony aunty congrats HeartHug
addicted 2..the transitions from present to past & back again to present..loving it all, though enjoying & more excited for the FB- the flow & pace everything is just perfect..every scene written so effectively...anu u r so brilliant , creating magic with "mere" words & able to engage the emotions of readers(can't praise u more :p)..loving the way uve portrayed manvi's pov & now want virat's views too..she did proved , that she was more excited to see him than going to work.. " I wonder if he is just walking into the cafe or into my life - my heart? " .. i just love this line...so impressive ..mannu is so in "awe" of virat...dnt want other office people with them, want virman alone...awesome update..waiting for next!!

Edited by roshreb - 02 October 2013 at 1:04pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bluebolt

bluebolt Senior Member
bluebolt
bluebolt

Posted: 02 October 2013 at 5:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by roshreb

agony aunty congrats HeartHug

very funny
thanks! <3
Bhabani90 Senior Member
Bhabani90
Bhabani90

Posted: 02 October 2013 at 5:54am | IP Logged
Wow awsum... Manvi is a blush girl, m praying dey should b alone for the club it will b fun. Waiting.
JESNIA IF-Dazzler
JESNIA
JESNIA

Posted: 02 October 2013 at 6:27am | IP Logged
AWESOME
devilaonmoon IF-Rockerz
devilaonmoon
devilaonmoon

Posted: 02 October 2013 at 6:30am | IP Logged
Superb.. am addicted to addicted and I want the next updt asap... Loved how yo described manvis feelings and pov when her eyes met virats... every line had the magic of ur hands... keep writing... and Congrats !!
shaalivirman Senior Member
shaalivirman
shaalivirman

Posted: 02 October 2013 at 6:34am | IP Logged
yipeee...u uppdated...luved it sooo much!!!Heart
omg...how can  write like tis...Hug
awsome...!!!Big smile
continu sooonnn...waiting...!!Smile

Edited by shaalivirman - 02 October 2013 at 6:56am
rasp_berry IF-Rockerz
rasp_berry
rasp_berry

Posted: 02 October 2013 at 6:38am | IP Logged
Awesome updt...okkk f9 ill catch u there on wattpad soon...i hv to make an acct fr that 1st...cont soon

Go to top