Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

CVs, please split the show! (Page 4)

muse10 Senior Member
muse10
muse10

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 5:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by soapwatcher1

Dear Muse10, hope you are having fun on your vacation! What are you doing visiting this forum? Leave it to when you come back, enjoy your time away from this reel madness :)

I have a lit background too but to counter your post, I think (maybe wrong) that most viewers watch the soaps for light relief and time pass so a serious plot with shaded characters might not fit the bill. So we have a little bit of romance, a little bit of preaching (the dreaded sanskars), a lot of black and white characters (so as not to make it too taxing for us leisure time viewers), and hotch potch story lines for us to ridicule and argue over the logic of it all :)

As for my post about your recommendation to splitting PR1 and PR2, it was written tongue in cheek, (even) I would be bored of watching saccharin sweet romance day in and day out :)

Hey Soapwatcher1!

Well -  who am I to say why everyone else is watching? So, be as it may, it is good to know. 

Thank you yaar! This was getting addictive for me!

I have been fairly regular on this forum only for four weeks or so! Until then I posted rarely, though I read WUs regularly to see if I wanted to see an episode! 
You brought me back to my old state (or so I hope)! Thank you so much!

Edited by muse10 - 17 August 2013 at 6:01am

littoos IF-Dazzler
littoos
littoos

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 5:24am | IP Logged
wow never thought of such a possibility but if balaji consider ur idea...it wld be great...nice thinking and superb post
FireLordPhoenix IF-Rockerz
FireLordPhoenix
FireLordPhoenix

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 8:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PandorasBox

Originally posted by pallavi25

Hey, I like Archu (and the old Manav), I like Soham a LOT! Hes so charming! I like Gauri too when shes not speaking! LOL And of course I love Arvi...so which show would I watch? Shocked
Its not fair to generalize like that! There are many of us who are watching PR from the start and we love Armaan and Arvi and now like Soham too! Accept it or not, Armaan are the lead couple, Arvi are the 2nd leads, Soham Gauri will be the 3rd leads...and the rest are supporting characters in this drama! Thats how a drama works, from the time of Shakespeare and even before that! LOL

Actually there are many great shows that doesn't center around the same old wine sold in a new bottle. "How I met your mother", "Friends", even daily soap like "general hospital" doesn't do that. We're invested in every character, not just a few. That's what makes a good show. Not the focus put on 2 people and the rest becoming cardboard pieces serving only as a catalyst for those 2's story.

@ bold - Hi! It's like Pallavi25 said, that with desi dramas, usually the focus is on the lead characters while the rest are just there to serve like you said as catalysts for those two characters. Last year, a friend sent me an article on the director of a hugely popular romantic show. What stood out was what the director said about the two main characters - basically that the story should always be about them and that any supporting characters are there to just promote, so to say, those characters. Like for instance, if two supporting characters are having a conversation about something, they must bring up the lead pair's names (even if they have nothing to do with the conversation) as a way to remind the audience the focus of the show - the leads and no one else. In short, for that director, he basically said that no one else matters as much as the lead characters, that the audience is not interested in any of the other characters but just the leads. So while other characters may have more interesting stories than the leads, most shows think that it's only important to show just the leads and their trials, obstacles, journey, etc. 

Edited by FireLordPhoenix - 17 August 2013 at 8:48pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

muse10

Go to top