Pavitra Rishta

CVs, please split the show! (Page 2)

_notinuse_ IF-Dazzler
_notinuse_
_notinuse_

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 12:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pallavi25

Originally posted by PandorasBox

I have to mention that before Ekta came and revolutionized Indian television, there were many mature good shows. Rishta.com, Sarabai vs Sarabai, Jassi Jassi Koi Nahi many sony channel tv shows. But we can't put the blame on Ekta as it is what the audience wants.

Now it's this repetive Boy meets girl, they fight, fall in love, family problems, yawn, more romance, rain, sappy lines about not being able to live without each other, tears and more tears.

Hilarious comment about needing half the supply of mumbai's water for the rain scenes. I wonder where they find all these invisible rocks to slip on for the purpose of romance.

Ekta came AFTER Rishta.com and Sarabhai vs Sarabhai and JJKN! Really? ShockedLOL

Those shows came LOOONG after Ekta started making her typical saas bahu shows, starting with Kyunki ...though she made a few comedies before that! 
But before Ekta came on the scene there were many really good shows like Buniyaad (a masterpiece abt the Partition era), Hum Log (abt a lower middle class family), Rajni (abt a woman fighting against corruption and daily injustices), Yeh jo hai Zindagi (a sitcom) etc. Now those were really BEFORE Ekta times! LOL
Ekta's genre is saas bahu and kitchen politics, not romance. 

Nope. Ekta came before. Those are just example of good shows.

"Romance" is definitely Ekta's domain. All the frustrated lovers without their suhaag raat is her trademark LOL Even the shows with saas bahu stuff, there's always that useless good for nothing husband lurking around whenever there needs to be romance. Touching hands and long eye gazes with sappy BG music and hawa magically appearing or raining spontaneously or "accidental" slips resulting in the lovers embracing LOL It's like they're not even trying. It's so easy a monkey can do it LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

soapwatcher1FireLordPhoenixilovedhanjanird

MidnightRambler IF-Rockerz
MidnightRambler
MidnightRambler

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 1:03am | IP Logged
LOOOLLL Bahahaha muse10. You almost made me spill my juice!

Great idea. Also, along with the a great requirement for water for PR 1, they will need a large supply of street vendors selling puchkas, gol gappays, and lord knows what else. 

Seeing how many times Arjun and Purvi are driving on the road, you never know when Purvi might have the urge to eat puchkas and will probably yell, point, and wave like a child as soon as she sees a street vendor. 

Edited by ChemistryMajor - 16 August 2013 at 1:06am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

FireLordPhoenixilovedhanjanird

_notinuse_ IF-Dazzler
_notinuse_
_notinuse_

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 1:03am | IP Logged

Hey, I like Archu (and the old Manav), I like Soham a LOT! Hes so charming! I like Gauri too when shes not speaking! LOL And of course I love Arvi...so which show would I watch? Shocked
Its not fair to generalize like that! There are many of us who are watching PR from the start and we love Armaan and Arvi and now like Soham too! Accept it or not, Armaan are the lead couple, Arvi are the 2nd leads, Soham Gauri will be the 3rd leads...and the rest are supporting characters in this drama! Thats how a drama works, from the time of Shakespeare and even before that! LOL

Actually there are many great shows that doesn't center around the same old wine sold in a new bottle. "How I met your mother", "Friends", even daily soap like "general hospital" doesn't do that. We're invested in every character, not just a few. That's what makes a good show. Not the focus put on 2 people and the rest becoming cardboard pieces serving only as a catalyst for those 2's story.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

FireLordPhoenix

MidnightRambler
MidnightRambler

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 1:05am | IP Logged

Actually there are many great shows that doesn't center around the same old wine sold in a new bottle. "How I met your mother", "Friends", even daily soap like "general hospital" doesn't do that. We're invested in every character, not just a few. That's what makes a good show. Not the focus put on 2 people and the rest becoming cardboard pieces serving only as a catalyst for those 2's story.

OMG I LOVE Friends and General Hospital! Tongue

soapwatcher1ilovedhanjanird

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 1:12am | IP Logged

Hey, I like Archu (and the old Manav), I like Soham a LOT! Hes so charming! I like Gauri too when shes not speaking! LOL And of course I love Arvi...so which show would I watch? Shocked
Its not fair to generalize like that! There are many of us who are watching PR from the start and we love Armaan and Arvi and now like Soham too! Accept it or not, Armaan are the lead couple, Arvi are the 2nd leads, Soham Gauri will be the 3rd leads...and the rest are supporting characters in this drama! Thats how a drama works, from the time of Shakespeare and even before that! LOL

Well, thats how Indian shows work! Im sure you're more used to watching American shows so you are not familiar with Indian serials and the way they work! Indian TV comedies have ensemble cast like Friends or ER, but our desi dramas have one or 2 lead couples around whom the main story revolves.
pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 1:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ChemistryMajor

Great idea. Also, along with the a great requirement for water for PR 1, they will need a large supply of street vendors selling puchkas, gol gappays, and lord knows what else. 

Seeing how many times Arjun and Purvi are driving on the road, you never know when Purvi might have the urge to eat puchkas and will probably yell, point, and wave like a child as soon as she sees a street vendor. 

Whats wrong with eating phuchkas! I love phuchakas/ golgappas! And I bet 80% of the girls/women here love phuchkas too! And we all get the urge to gorge on junk food, chaats or golgappas sometimes!
 So now Purvi is wrong for liking phuchkas too? LOL And we have to give Ovi the benefit of doubt for drinking alcohol during pregnancy? Shocked

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

soniiyaanaomihyugasoapwatcher1peachesnplums

MidnightRambler
MidnightRambler

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 1:32am | IP Logged

Whats wrong with eating phuchkas! I love phuchakas/ golgappas! And I bet 80% of the girls/women here love phuchkas too! And we all get the urge to gorge on junk food, chaats or golgappas sometimes!
 So now Purvi is wrong for liking phuchkas too? LOL And we have to give Ovi the benefit of doubt for drinking alcohol during pregnancy? Shocked

DUDEE. Read my post! Did I even mention the word "WRONG"? When did I say Purvi was wrong for eating them? Please do not make my words out to be something they weren't. I didn't say anything like that.

I LOVE eating gol gappays. Haven't had them in so long. 

Edited by ChemistryMajor - 16 August 2013 at 1:33am

ilovedhanjanirdpallavi25

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 1:36am | IP Logged

DUDEE. Read my post! Did I even mention the word "WRONG"? When did I say Purvi was wrong for eating them? Please do not make my words out to be something they weren't. I didn't say anything like that.

I LOVE eating gol gappays. Haven't had them in so long. 

Yeah, Im craving them too with all this talk abt golgappas. 
You didnt say shes wrong but it sure sounded like you were ridiculing Purvi for being childish and asking for golgappas, didnt it? Now admit it! Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

soniiyaa

Go to top