India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

CVs, please split the show!

muse10 Senior Member
muse10
muse10

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 2:30pm | IP Logged

Having read all the posts suggesting that Ovi has no right to come back to India to help Onir and that Ovi and Onir should stay away from Arvi (and also having read posts some time ago suggesting that Soham-Gauri should not be given so much screen time because their track is totally boring and takes away from Arvi scenes), all with multiple "like" clicks indicating the number of endorsements – I would like to make two humble requests to the CVs. First, please fulfill these demands. And second, instead of the leap, please split PR into two shows after the 17th when the Arvi wedding takes place. Call it PR1 and PR2 or whatever.

PR1 may have only two main characters – Arjun and Purvi (Pari is too young to be a real character yet).  All others in the show may be people in the office, at the restaurant, on the street, etc. The show may have Arvi in a variety of settings in a variety of costumes but always smiling, or laughing, and romancing frequently – in the office, in a restaurant, at the mall, in Australia, in Switzerland, at airports, inside planes, at the dining table eating breakfast, at the dining table eating lunch, at the dining table eating dinner etc. There may or may not be development of new narrative tracks, but only two central characters always! The sets for this show may use up half the water the city of Mumbai needs for the rain scenes in every episode. But it is alright considering the TRPs it would be expected to generate. The only problem may be who will take care of Pari? But since Arvi are successful business people, they may easily afford a good nanny.

PR2 may have all the other characters and their respective tracks. Sunny and Jignesh may be brought back with hilarious episodes of Savita vs Sunny's mother's fights. Teju-Sunny wedding may take place in a simple informal manner. Soham-Gauri story may be gradually developed with good humored bantering between the two. Ovi's career and a new love interest may be developed. Onir's life may also see new possibilities opening. Sachin may get a meatier role and be linked to Ruchi. Punni-Mittal may be brought back either getting reformed or creating more complications. Even Dharmesh, Vaishali, Vandu and Ajit may all come back with each getting their due. Manav-Archana of course may remain the pillars of the show. 

Arvi may visit this show for functions of various types so that they can see the family but the converse of any character from PR2 visiting PR1 may not be allowed since that may impact the TRP of that show! It is important to give each show a fair chance to draw its best TRPs!

If the CVs accept my humble requests, they can run these two parallel shows for a few months and then can review the TRP situations for both and make decisions for their future depending on them.

Please CVs, make all your viewers happy! 

Balaji is a successful production house, it can afford two shows!

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

drkhalidParmar776pavanthabubbles22amandasookoorsshreeThapelokaya123..CrazyInLove..blahblahs*Maleena*vandithajerupari-kirloskarlittooscs-07_notinuse_ShaktifanSwatiilovedhanjanird-Nags-

Thapelo Senior Member
Thapelo
Thapelo

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 2:47pm | IP Logged
I love you Muse10 seriously BRAVO! BRAVO! Clap Clap I'm guessing everybody now get's a picture the characters as a unit and ensemble cast help the narrative of the show move on not the the individual character/couple, in fact I'd like to see 'PR1' and see how long it lasts for obvious reasons

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pari-kirloskarcs-07ilovedhanjanird

_notinuse_ IF-Dazzler
_notinuse_
_notinuse_

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 3:13pm | IP Logged
Indian serials are probably the ONLY serials in the world that put so much emphasis on cliche romance. I for one avoid any sappy story where it's all black and white and no development of characters or storyline. We have the vamps, the heros, and the decorative pieces aka family members. It's really too 1 dimentional. In the beginning of PR, every supporting characters were multi-faceted. I at times sympathized with certain characters and later felt they were out of line. There wasn't a right or wrong answer. But now it's too animated. There's no depth in any of the characters baring a few.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

muse10ThapeloFireLordPhoenixShaktifanSwatiilovedhanjanirdDabulls23

_notinuse_ IF-Dazzler
_notinuse_
_notinuse_

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 3:18pm | IP Logged
I have to mention that before Ekta came and revolutionized Indian television, there were many mature good shows. Rishta.com, Sarabai vs Sarabai, Jassi Jassi Koi Nahi many sony channel tv shows. But we can't put the blame on Ekta as it is what the audience wants.

Now it's this repetive Boy meets girl, they fight, fall in love, family problems, yawn, more romance, rain, sappy lines about not being able to live without each other, tears and more tears.

Hilarious comment about needing half the supply of mumbai's water for the rain scenes. I wonder where they find all these invisible rocks to slip on for the purpose of romance.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

muse10blahblahsThapeloamandasookoomachar13FireLordPhoenixilovedhanjanirdDabulls23

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 11:27pm | IP Logged
Great idea! :) lol. Why have PR2 at all? PR1 will garner enough TRPs that Ekta will be laughing all the way to the bank so PR2 and its characters will be redundant anyway. Wink

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

pavrishsoniiyaa..PlayfulKiss..jdronamrajunaomihyugaaathya.Peeves..Nikki.peachesnplumspallavi25relentless.

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 11:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PandorasBox

I have to mention that before Ekta came and revolutionized Indian television, there were many mature good shows. Rishta.com, Sarabai vs Sarabai, Jassi Jassi Koi Nahi many sony channel tv shows. But we can't put the blame on Ekta as it is what the audience wants.

Now it's this repetive Boy meets girl, they fight, fall in love, family problems, yawn, more romance, rain, sappy lines about not being able to live without each other, tears and more tears.

Hilarious comment about needing half the supply of mumbai's water for the rain scenes. I wonder where they find all these invisible rocks to slip on for the purpose of romance.

Ekta came AFTER Rishta.com and Sarabhai vs Sarabhai and JJKN! Really? ShockedLOL

Those shows came LOOONG after Ekta started making her typical saas bahu shows, starting with Kyunki ...though she made a few comedies before that! 
But before Ekta came on the scene there were many really good shows like Buniyaad (a masterpiece abt the Partition era), Hum Log (abt a lower middle class family), Rajni (abt a woman fighting against corruption and daily injustices), Yeh jo hai Zindagi (a sitcom) etc. Now those were really BEFORE Ekta times! LOL
Ekta's genre is saas bahu and kitchen politics, not romance. 

..PlayfulKiss..soniiyaa.Peeves.FireLordPhoenixpeachesnplumsrelentless.

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 12:49am | IP Logged
Hey, I like Archu (and the old Manav), I like Soham a LOT! Hes so charming! I like Gauri too when shes not speaking! LOL And of course I love Arvi...so which show would I watch? Shocked
Its not fair to generalize like that! There are many of us who are watching PR from the start and we love Armaan and Arvi and now like Soham too! Accept it or not, Armaan are the lead couple, Arvi are the 2nd leads, Soham Gauri will be the 3rd leads...and the rest are supporting characters in this drama! Thats how a drama works, from the time of Shakespeare and even before that! LOL

blahblahssoniiyaaJShiv.Peeves.soapwatcher1relentless.

ptecvish Senior Member
ptecvish
ptecvish

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 12:54am | IP Logged
Really Good idea, TM.
It will be good riddance to this "ideal" couple who can carry on their "tripping" and "catching" type of romance all over.
While we can peacefully watch other characters independently.
Waiting fr the TRP chart to explode this week!Wink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ShaktifanSwatiilovedhanjanird

Go to top