Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Chennai Express (VI) - Reviews/BO Updates! (Page 44)

Che.Guevara IF-Rockerz
Che.Guevara
Che.Guevara

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 1:24am | IP Logged
Shah Rukh Khan surprised by overseas reception of Chennai Express
Dibyojyoti Baksi, Hindustan Times
Mumbai, August 17, 2013
  Email to Author

First Published: 10:52 IST(17/8/2013)
Last Updated: 11:50 IST(17/8/2013)
share share on facebookshare on linkedinshare on googleshare on emailmore.
0  comments 

email  print
Shahrukh Khan and Deepika Padukone perform on the sets of Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon. (AFP Photo)
Shah Rukh Khan's recent Eid release became the fastest Rs.100 crore grosser in Bollywood. Although the rate at which Chennai Express's collections came in did take the trade by surprise, SRK was sure about his popularity in India. 

Until Thursday, August 15, the film made Rs. 156.7 cr nett in India and Rs. 53 cr gross from the US, Canada, UK, Australia, and the Gulf countries. The global success of the film has left him speechless. "I am quite amazed," he says, adding, "It's not just places in India — like Bihar or Mumbai or other places where I (usually) get a good reaction from the audience in the movie theatres. (I've got reactions) from Mauritius to Montana (USA). When you get calls from America, London, South Africa and Peru… it's quite cool." 

The Rohit Shetty film, also featuring Deepika Padukone made headlines for being released in nine languages, in addition to Hindi. 

Shah Rukh adds, "I am surprised by a lot of the overseas reactions, to be honest. Overseas (audiences) normally tend to like basic love stories, or that is what everyone thought. So I am quite amazed. I am now very confident about the film

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Housefull-RaeesRiks-OJ6.0BiraSaysWhaddup....Poojie....blue-ice.

-RaeesRiks- IF-Rockerz
-RaeesRiks-
-RaeesRiks-

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 1:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ...Poojie...

Those asking, Producers have calculated figures 4 y'day!! But they are manipulating it and will disclose higher than actuals.. That's Wrong!

Stern Smile

they are trying too hardLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

BiraSaysWhaddup....Poojie....

PigBenis IF-Dazzler
PigBenis
PigBenis

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 1:29am | IP Logged
I really don't trust twitter handle of Boxofficedetail. His writing is so amateur for a trade analyst. I fully trust Taran only and will believe only his numbersBig smile

With that saying what's taking him so long, just post the figures alreadyAngryLOL

-RaeesRiks-ColdplayingChe.GuevaraBiraSaysWhaddup....Poojie....blue-ice.

Che.Guevara IF-Rockerz
Che.Guevara
Che.Guevara

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 1:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PigBenis

I really don't trust twitter handle of Boxofficedetail. His writing is so amateur for a trade analyst. I fully trust Taran only and will believe only his numbersBig smile

With that saying what's taking him so long, just post the figures alreadyAngryLOL

He is in dispute with some NZ citizen about the Mojojojojo figures D'ohLOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

PigBenis-RaeesRiks-....Poojie....DB_reloadedblue-ice.

BiraSaysWhaddup IF-Sizzlerz
BiraSaysWhaddup
BiraSaysWhaddup

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 1:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by KARAN888

Originally posted by PigBenis

He is in dispute with some NZ citizen about the Mojojojojo figures D'ohLOL

Daal Makhani me kuch safed hai Wink

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

HousefullChe.Guevara-RaeesRiks-DestroyedInLoveblue-ice.

hiddenstar IF-Sizzlerz
hiddenstar
hiddenstar

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 1:33am | IP Logged

Chennai Express continues to set new benchmarks at box office

BT Online Bureau       Last Updated: August 17, 2013  | 11:35 IST
STORY TOOLS
  • Change font size
  • Print this story
  • E-Mail this story
  • Comment
Chennai Express continues to rule box office

Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone starrer Chennai Express continued to set new benchmarks with the movie crossing Rs 150 crore mark within its first week of release.

According to Boxofficeindia.com, the movie's second week trends indicates the film will emerge as the biggest or second biggest domestic grosser of all time.

Chennai Express has till now earned Rs 156 crore including the paid preview thus becoming the film with a highest total at box office in its first week. The film made Rs 6.75 crore in paid preview, Rs 33.12 crore on Friday, Rs 28.05 crore on Saturday, Rs 32.5 crore on Sunday, Rs 12.62 crore on Monday, Rs 11.5 crore on Tuesday, Rs 12.56 crore on Wednesday and Rs 19.6 crore on Thursday, taking the total to Rs 156.7 crore.

The action comedy entertainer is made at a budget of Rs 70 crore . Trade pundits had predicted that the movie could break records over its debut weekend on the opening day itself.

A tale of a north Indian man, who falls in love with the daughter of a don down south, Chennai Express was heavily promoted by its cast and director across all quarters. It managed roaring business not just nationally, but also in foreign shores via paid previews, and on its opening day.

The film has shattered all previous records. It crossed Rs 100 crore mark in three and a half days only, holding the record of speediest entry into the 100 crore club that was previously held by Salman Khan's last Eid release Ek Tha Tiger which made 100 crore in 6 days only.

Source: www.boxofficeindia.com
With IANS inputs

Housefull-RaeesRiks-Che.GuevaraBiraSaysWhaddupDestroyedInLove....Poojie....

-RaeesRiks- IF-Rockerz
-RaeesRiks-
-RaeesRiks-

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 1:42am | IP Logged

Chennai Express is rocking South India. Faring exceptionally well in Tamilnadu, Karnataka, Kerala.

This was supposed to FLOP in SILOL

HousefullMoodyFoodieChe.GuevaraDestroyedInLoveDB_reloadedblue-ice.

-RaeesRiks- IF-Rockerz
-RaeesRiks-
-RaeesRiks-

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 1:45am | IP Logged

Chennai Express Second Saturday Collection Update. Morning and Noon shows.

Posted by Kaalia You May Also Like News on: Shahrukh Khan at Saturday, August 17, 2013
Chennai Express has taken a decent start on 2nd Saturday at the box office. In fact film has taken a better start than on 2nd Friday. Chennai Express is registering an occupancy of around 35-40% on average for 2nd Saturday Morning and Noon shows. On 2nd Friday Morning shows film registered an occupancy of around 25-30%.

Chennai Express in Delhi registered an occupancy of around 25% on 2nd Saturday (2nd Friday - 20-25%) for Morning shows. For the same CE registered an occupancy of around 50-55% in Gurgaon (2nd Friday - 30%) and 45% in Mumbai (2nd Friday - 25%) on 2nd Saturday. So, this is a good news for all SRK and Deepika Padukone fans as film is picking up again on 2nd weekend.

Question is already Chennai Express has collected more than expected in first week and hence, whatever it collects from now on all is bonus. But the main question is whether the film can break lifetime nett collection of 3 Idiots or even lifetime distributor share of Ek Tha Tiger. For that to happen a very good second weekend will definitely help the matter.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

HousefullMoodyFoodieColdplayingChe.GuevaraDestroyedInLove....Poojie....DB_reloadedblue-ice.

Go to top