Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

The Fifth Black Hole :-D ~INVITES ONLY~ (Page 92)

Heema22 IF-Sizzlerz
Heema22
Heema22

Posted: 16 September 2013 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
Hi  Dia . How are you ? Feels like long time no see. HugHug
  How was your day ? Looks like Kanan is back in action and Bachcha is still missing in action.  
  Every one is busy talking . I excused my self to unwind . Some people never get tired of talking
We are back from incredible  rather perfect wedding. Hindu girl and Christian man is the going trend . We were guest so no responsibilities . Very simple unique  destination wedding in vineyard in Virginia  . Prefect place and location and weather  for out door wedding . No mess up no long speeches . Only 85 people . 
  Pitt bull and priyanaka chopra song was hit .they played it 4 x 
  Best part was I  was guilt free. My husband had a dancing partner his  Adhi Gharwali . I rested and I am not in pain and they had a ball .
 While coming back we got stuck in DC shoot out. Traffic was horrible . 
 Now back to hell from tomorrow . 

Edited by Heema22 - 16 September 2013 at 7:45pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

TBDRESS

TBDRESS IF-Dazzler
TBDRESS
TBDRESS

Posted: 16 September 2013 at 7:55pm | IP Logged
Hey Heema, glad to hear that you had a good time at the wedding.  My day was okay...I acutally came here super early, then got called about something...and now I have a horrible headache...so may not be the best company today. 

Heema22

Heema22 IF-Sizzlerz
Heema22
Heema22

Posted: 16 September 2013 at 7:58pm | IP Logged

Did you see this ? I just saw her picture . What do you think about her ? 
"Miss New York Nina Davuluri was crowned Miss America 2014 during the Sept. 15 pageant in Atlantic City. "

Goodnight . You go to bed and rest  . Feel better . I am watching JLZ on Tv . HugHug

Edited by Heema22 - 17 September 2013 at 3:25am

TBDRESS

TBDRESS IF-Dazzler
TBDRESS
TBDRESS

Posted: 16 September 2013 at 8:04pm | IP Logged
Yeah I heard about Miss America- apparently a lot of racist comments pouring thru- really dumb.  Okay hopefully I'll be feeling better tomorrow- see ya Hug

Welcome back Kanan! 

Heema22

Heema22 IF-Sizzlerz
Heema22
Heema22

Posted: 17 September 2013 at 4:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AllThingsNice

[QUOTE=Heema22]Kaddu is back Clap Hug

Oh yes, another wedding you attended! Such fun...so many weddings back to back. One more to go on oct 12Th ,the last one . I love weddings  because it comes with  guarantee that my hubby will be with me . ( no matter what ) and Shama is in US for next one too.

I am at home. Went back to office today after taking all of last week off. I am happy to read you took time of for yourself . Do it again, vey soon .

Sunday was Gauri puja and we cooked five different rice-based items: lemon rice, coconut rice, khichdi, curd rice, and sweet pongal (look this up!). I grew up in Mumbai I don't needs to look up Pongal. Mom used to make it . She had South Indian girlfriend . . Did you keep the Vrat ? I think or correct me if I am wrong . Most unmarried women keep this Vrat for husband ( just like Shankar ) .  They fast or even follow nirjala day  . Usually, its just the family for Gauri puja, but this time, we had uncommon rush. There were visitors from Bangalore who joined us for the puja and added to the general confusion by wanting to do things their way. Finally, my mother lost it and put her foot down.  Way to go . visitor with well wishes is our culture . unavoidable problems . good for your mom . its only way to go .I was very " bad " during Shamas wedding because I was " not respecting " Others advise (?) Assigned cooking to me (imagine!) and the puja to herself and her sister. The rest were mere spectators. You in kitchen ? This makes me happy. So if push comes to shove you are good it it . What a relief . Try it you will love it . Cooking is very easy and satisfying . Great skill to have for a foodie . Not to please any one but to please yourself . 

Monday was Ganesh Chaturthi and we began the day really early. Puja had to start by 9.00 AM. Which meant that at least some part of the prasad had to be ready by then. We began cooking at about 5.30 AM and finished only at around 2.30.I remember this . Hated it then but want to do it all over again . Before you all faint, let me tell you that we had nearly 50 people coming in on that dayPartyGanapati day !! . Not all ate lunch with us, but everyone had to get some form of prasad. Which included modak, karanji, luddoo, kheer, masala rice, curd rice, koshimbhir, dal vada, and dal-chawal.I wished I was in Mumbai knowing bin bulaye mehamans are welcome for lunch or prasad .I wanted tobe one of the fifthy .Believe me, I prefer crazy deadlines to this mad rush. This year was especially rushed because Ganapati was supposed to be around only till Thursday. I caught myself complaining about the number of people...Heema, am not a good kidTongue It was crazy. I was just the same .Even my perfect sister used complain about number of guests and mother used to rant " atithi Devo Bhavo " up to this day we both hate and not believe this expression or belief . Every atithi at our home was pain in the butt . Why was he or she was called " Devo "so your are not a bad child . You are perfect human child ,who hates to do "unnecessary work "Oh  boy, I hated it too and still do .i rather work in my hell .

Visarjan was on Thursday. Cry This is always very sad .big let down. hard to cope .I remember crying after visarjan . The panditji told us that the puja has to be complete by 6 AM. So that meant another day of cooking from 4 AM onwards. But this was far simpler than the puja day and got done without hassle. We took the idol to the beach, did another small puja there and bid them farewell. Until next year. With great pleasure !!I love this festival because its social event and not private family affair and you get to see friends with your nutty family .

That was not a complete vrittant, Saumya, but the best I can manage right now. I have not added the fights and confusions that over-enthu relatives can cause. I wished you added this one too. That's more entertaining . I love when ladies  fight and mother in home has to  exercise her right . My way or highway style !  . Nor the blessings that God showers in the form of good friends who step in to help with the cooking!

BTW, Heema, I went to Lalbaug today for darshan. Wonder what it was...I finished darshan in 45 mins flat. We had heard all types of horror stories about people in queue for 18 hours and so on. I must share my  experience . Very painful  with happy ending . My parents had special privileges to this event but they didn't want their children to get this free . They wanted us to earn this respect . So every year me and my sister visit this sight and come home because of the long lines ( many miles long ) . I tried this every med school year and residency year . Begged my parents but they refused . Finally final year of my residency . One day when I was on call, nothing was happening . Knowing the proximity of the place my coworker and I  went for Kakad Aarati . 4 am and only 100 people were at the Aarati . It was unforgettable  sight. Made my parents proud of me .

I wanted to to use every color and make this very colorful like the festival . But some colors are not readable  . You can tell I had free time at work because now onwards fifth year residents are in charge   of  the Morning rounds ! ( I am so happy)  . So this time will be free of headaches ! 

Heema22 IF-Sizzlerz
Heema22
Heema22

Posted: 17 September 2013 at 4:42am | IP Logged

[QUOTE=Heema22][QUOTE=AllThingsNice] [QUOTE=

Sukhakarta Dukhaharta is beautiful...really very calming. 

Here is the link to Shankar Mahadevan's song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlbJK4rHkD0

ALT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHrvXqWwxGY

Have fun all of you! See you tomorrow!

Hey . Thank you for posting this . Yes , I know this one . And I love this one . I have a CD and we play this all the time . Not for praying but just to relax . Very relaxing to  listen while driving to work at 4: 45 am.

Name Shankar Mahadevan  confused me . Because I thought Atul and Ajay" the brothers "did this one  for  the movie . I forgot the name of the movie but may be I am wrong . I think this is the  one masterpiece !! Very well done .thanks !

Edited by Heema22 - 17 September 2013 at 4:44am
Heema22 IF-Sizzlerz
Heema22
Heema22

Posted: 17 September 2013 at 4:57am | IP Logged

Someone tell me the fate of Ranjiniji's thread about Sumit. Am rather lost. Heema did keep me in the loop, but I am sort of dazed. 

Nothing really happened . It was great   experience   for fans . moderator told us that ,Whatever we write is public property and any gossip news paper can legally use it . They do visit IF forum to get gossips and fan opinion.  l think ,  this is one of  reason for Sumit and Rati  uncomfortable offscreen  relationship .disapproval of this Jodi on HD forum . 
    I think Saumya is right . Vijay  wanted to handle this in private . we will never know about  that interaction .Rajnini should have protested this but she didn't.  But the thread went haywire .( I wasn't surprise ) .

My break is over. Back to hell. Very busy morning. See you for lunch ( I hope) 

_saumya_

AllThingsNice IF-Dazzler
AllThingsNice
AllThingsNice

Posted: 17 September 2013 at 12:48pm | IP Logged

Koi hai? Sorry, got late getting here...hope no one has left just like that.

Heema, Saumya, where are you'll?

Heema22

Go to top