Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

The Fifth Black Hole :-D ~INVITES ONLY~ (Page 60)

_saumya_ IF-Sizzlerz
_saumya_
_saumya_

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 1:53pm | IP Logged
What all do you guys do gaesh chaturthi me... Do you dance ?

AllThingsNice IF-Dazzler
AllThingsNice
AllThingsNice

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 2:08pm | IP Logged

Not really following anything. Nowadays, by the time I get home, its time for those teleshopping ads. So, while eating dinner, I watch bits of some random movie. I often wonder what happened to NBT. On weekends, I think I'll catch up with the epis online, but the weekends fly past with amazing speed! Whoosh!

No dancing whatsoever. Its full of food and puja. We bring an idol of Ganesh and Gauri home. One day prior to Ganesh puja is Gauri puja. Her puja is less elaborate, but nonetheless, its important and has its share of demands. Like we have to cook five rice-based items (sweet and salty) along with fruit and a special sweet dish made of coconut and jaggery. This is exclusive to Gauri puja.

Ganesh puja is really elaborate. Lots of food is cooked (more so because many people come for darshan) and the puja itself lasts four-five hours. We begin cooking really early (round about 6 AM) and bhog items are luddoo, karanji, modak, two types of rice, dal vada, and so on.

Visarjan, this year, is on the fifth day. Thats just prasad of lemon rice, curd rice, and chana usal. Simple fare.

Thats a summary of the few days of the festival. Highly recommend that you visit us next year. Stay with us. I guarantee I'll make you work. Anyone who crosses my line of vision on the day of the puja is put to work! Big smile

Edited by AllThingsNice - 03 September 2013 at 2:15pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Heema22

_saumya_ IF-Sizzlerz
_saumya_
_saumya_

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 2:19pm | IP Logged
Hah... Seems tempting Tongue if i visit you ... I will work but dont expect me to show devotion during puja... If i find it happening i might pester people around with question or if its boring i might sleep. TV and movies me dekh k toh it seems larger than life. Lots of dancing and ho halla before visarjan is the notion i have of it. LOL
DONT WATCH NBT.

Edited by _saumya_ - 03 September 2013 at 2:21pm
AllThingsNice IF-Dazzler
AllThingsNice
AllThingsNice

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 2:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _saumya_

Hah... Seems tempting Tongue if i visit you ... I will work but dont expect me to show devotion during puja... If i find it happening i might pester people around with question or if its boring i might sleep. TV and movies me dekh k toh it seems larger than life. Lots of dancing and ho halla before visarjan is the notion i have of it. LOL

DONT WATCH NBT.

No no...am not expecting devotion at all. Rest assured. Big smile

What you have seen in movies etc are the sarvajanik Ganpatis that belong to different mandals. That's correct. For example, an entire sea of people accompanies the Lalbaug Ganpati on the day of visarjan. And he's not alone. Several such Ganpatis are on the same route. Traffic is redirected and police is in full bandobast on that last day. Mumbai is different during these 10 days. Much like Kolkata during Durga Puja Big smile 

Edit: Chalo, leaving now. Rather late and have a long drive home. Talk to you tomorrow? Take care.

Edited by AllThingsNice - 03 September 2013 at 2:33pm
_saumya_ IF-Sizzlerz
_saumya_
_saumya_

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 2:33pm | IP Logged
Time to leave. Honey left her footprint. Seeyou in morning hopefully

kaddu... I will see you at chaturthi next year ROFL see you tomorrow Hug

edit : i wanted to repeat... Dont try NBT. Well nothing can irritate you like HD but still... You will feel bad about the way show is being handled.

Edited by _saumya_ - 03 September 2013 at 2:38pm

Heema22

Heema22 IF-Sizzlerz
Heema22
Heema22

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 6:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Walden

Anyone?  Big smile

Heema, sounds like you had a blast at the wedding...I love the Chicago botanic garden...is that where you were?   Saumya, I hope you're feeling better or at least have passed on your germs to other family members so you don't have to be miserable all by yourself LOL (just kidding!).  Kanan, hope you finally have some downtime at work :0)  Hope to catch some of you tomorrow.

Hi Dia HugI feel like it has been long time since I said hi to you . Back to pavilion  . Back to hell tomorrow . Fun fill  weekend is over. . Lots of fun. I got to spends some quality time with my husband . 

I loved my trip to your vicinity . I am sad that this was my last trip to Chicago .. Our friends are moving  away from Windy City .. I want to visit Willis towers during winter and want to sway in the  wind  with them 18 inches each direction . What a fun thing !Have you ever done it ?
   The wedding was near the botanical garden and our friends live in  Glenn Ellen . We were in Downtown for two nights and  other nights near the garden .we told everyone that we are flying out on Sunday ! And just had fun . I love that  garden . This was my third visit . We spend the whole day looking and walking and bicycling. . The butterfly festival was Magnificent.we took boat ride  on Chicago river and saw the Incredible architecture . Love the old terra-cotta buildings and Aqua building  designed  by female architect and shows it .  We also attended  Jazz festival  at Millennium park . this was great for us music lovers .

Wedding was good very classy . Bride wasn't painted ,very simple and good . Barat  was wash out . Lots of rain on wedding day . But reception was one big disaster !!Bidai was perfect . No crying !!
  Only 150 invitees perfect size for wedding . but for reception 150 guests from brides side but  groom side 450 . I never seen this before .Example for everyone how not to do wedding or reception .
It was horrible . This was was on demand . Every one   from India and every relative had a speech this went on and on7 to 10PM , food got cold . Most Americans left .dinner was severed after 10:30Pm . People had dinner and left . Bride and groom were very upset .their friends in disbelieved .  I saw tears in  our friends eyes . This was half a million dollars Affair ( I hate to see when people spend this kind of money ) DJ had nothing to do . Finally my husband went to the manager and extended hours to 3 more hours so younger one had chance to enjoy . This was the first and very important wedding we sat out . This was pathetic . Holding some else's wedding hostage ? Or did they hijack the wedding ? Bride and groom only 22 yr old . Wake up  Saumya !! 

Edited by Heema22 - 03 September 2013 at 7:22pm

TBDRESS

TBDRESS IF-Dazzler
TBDRESS
TBDRESS

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 7:06pm | IP Logged
Hi Heema!  Hug it does feel like its been forever...now you must post a song dedicated to our reunion ROFL 

Seems like you did more things in Chicago than I ever have LOL  Swaying in the Sears tower (sorry, can't get over this stupid name change to Willis tower)- I've been up there once but no swaying ROFL  But now they have that glass deck that you can stand on- that I believe is the newest attraction at the sears tower. 

3 hours of speeches sounds like a tad bit much- those are only enjoyable if they are kept brief. 

If you ever come back to Chicago, come back during the winter around Christmas time and ideally with some snow on the ground- the city just has a whole different charm during those days. 

Heema22

Heema22 IF-Sizzlerz
Heema22
Heema22

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
How about ths song? 
Koi Jab Raah Na Paae, Mere Sang Aae
Ke Pag Pag Deep Jalaae, Meri Dosti Mera Pyaar

I hope you like this one !
   The speeches were very long and boring and irrelevant to the occasion. I like when friends roast the couple or sometimes parents . We just sat at the table in disbelieve . Hortible .i think one or two speeches and one good Toast to roast is enough . After eveyone left young kids had lots of Bollywood .
  Chicogo in winter is next attraction . During my last  trip I went to see the glass deck . It was big trill . 
 I love American cities around X mas !

BTW did you see Kanan only invited Saumya for Ganapati Festival  at her place . We are step friend  !!

Edited by Heema22 - 03 September 2013 at 7:23pm

TBDRESS

Go to top