Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

The Fifth Black Hole :-D ~INVITES ONLY~ (Page 130)

Heema22 IF-Sizzlerz
Heema22
Heema22

Posted: 03 October 2013 at 9:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Walden

I am by no means defending the brits- obviously they did everything for selfish reasons- but I don't blame them because if India was a powerful country and had the ability to colonize, we would have probably done the same...I only blame the residents of the subcontinent who allowed themselves to be manipulated.  But this idea of "us" vs. "them" is universal and a basic human instinct...its just that people in power often monopolize on this instinct against people's better judgement and ...its just that who is the "us" and the "them" keeps changing from different perspectives. 

I am reading one of you comments in jlz and your autocorrect made me lol " obstetrical without solutions" ROFL

My autocorrect  has  med degree  Only med lingo . So funny . Thanks just corrected it ROFL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

TBDRESS

_saumya_ IF-Sizzlerz
_saumya_
_saumya_

Posted: 04 October 2013 at 9:08am | IP Logged
Ok this is going to be a huge comment... 
 so the index is LOL para 1 - about Andaman
                                 para 2 -  Kalapani
                                 para 3- beaches.
                                 para 4 - 3 islands I covered in a day.

Andaman was awesome. A bit of geographical info, I did not correct Honey last time because I did not have enough time in hand. Andaman and Nicobar is on the east and Lakshadeep on the west. Mauritius in fact is to the southwest of Lakshadeep as far as I remember .  very far away from India. So around 70% of the population is bengali and they were called settlers because they belonged to what is now Bangladesh and had come to India during partition so they were given land to live and cultivate in Andaman. A school teacher I met on ferry told me that.

This was the  best trip I have been on. India me bhi saaf suthri natural jagah hai, I was surprised to see. Itne tourists hone ke bavjood, its clean , hats off  the administration. ( Out of context , but I think its because its a union territory so Lt. Governors rules the place. I find them more reliable than the members of Loksabha ) Anyway, back to the trip, first day we landed there early in the morning and then  we went to kalapani jail. I am sure , all of you have heard of it but I would repeat because Dia had asked about it. Kalapani gets its name from "kaal " which means death and because its surrounded by water its called kalapani . Very few people used to return after being sentenced to kalapani. In jail, prisoners were given two langots (a cloth to be treated as underwear)  and only one set of cloth. citing excerpts from autobiographies of various prisoners , the langot was too small to hide the genitals and they were made to work on kolhu ( I do not remember what they call it in english but Dia, you can think of it as a small oil mill ) and extract some fixed horrendous amt of oil (that I dont remember of course ) plus they had to make rope out of coconut fiber . failing which they were beaten up black and blue and red and purple .  they were made to do other things too but all the inmates found these two very difficult. Prisoners had peeing time too . They could not use wasrooms at other times. Cells were such that no two prisoners could see each other. back of a cellar facing the door to another. SO I can go and on about it and small revolts that happened in the jail, other inhuman acts like standing with bars and hancuffs on for days in rain and so on and so forth. No one could go to court for it because there were no proofs about the ill treatment. Kalapani me ek lightshow hota tha jo ki recently band kar dia gaya hai.

Coming to beaches, I have been to almost every tourist spot in south India and I have never seen itna clean beaches. This is about two beaches in another island (
not the one having Port Blair ) Havelock. Its a very small island. Almost everyone works for tourist agents or hotels. We were ferried to the place . 5 hours from Polair.  First we went to kalapatthar beach . No tourist infrastructure made me happy. The place has been left as it is for the nature . The next is Radhanagar beach ( Asian rank 2 and world rank 7) . Its so f**king clean. I did not feel like going back to the hotel.

Next day we went to ROss island, viper island and north bay. So Ross island tsunami me almost doob gaya tha. but was administrative headquarter in British period for the Andaman and Nicobar. There are a lot of deer, barasingha, different birds there. Viper island was te place jaha kalapani se pehle jail di jati thi. supposedly, there were a lot of viper snakes in the island and hence the name . There were a lot of crocodiles in the area and so no one could escape. Also, there is  gallows at a height of about 10 m from where people who were hung were thrown into te sea with the help of some lever. North bay was where I scuba dived . Big smile It was great fun. I could see fish and corals and sea bed. My guide made me enjoy . You dont need to know swimming to scuba dive in andaman ( The place with corals is not as deep ) . no harbours because corals will get destroyed. there were beautiful fish and colourful corals. you can see them opening and closing and the fluorescent colour... Day Dreaming 

I did not go to Diblipur but the school teacher I met on ferry said that I should have had. So next time may be Big smile 

oH yes... few additions to the trip... Went to Meenakshi devi temple in Madurai. It has changed a lot and I dont quite like the changes . Went to Chennai, mom went to Sankar netralay and she is fine but will need regular check ups. I went to see a friend I had not met for long. We had fantabulous CHinese food. On my way back from Andaman , stopped for 5 hours at Kolkata but did nothing except having amazing food at AAI canteen. It was cheap and yum... My flight was dreamliner of Air India which has currently restarted. It was full of follies. And someone should teach manners to Air India's hostess and stewards. Such ill mannered people. also, Taj should learn to pack things better. What is up with them. they pack things like chhola and curry in such a way that it will falll off the bowl. And the air hostess shouted Shocked on a passenger. I wished she shouted on me so I could teach her a lesson. A passenger forgot his wallet on the seat and the steward gave such a pathetic expression and later opened the wallet Shocked

I will be back on independence and leaders and Britishers. Dia would not want to know of it because she has seen my emotional drama on it. ROFL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

TBDRESSHeema22

Heema22 IF-Sizzlerz
Heema22
Heema22

Posted: 04 October 2013 at 11:27am | IP Logged
Hi Kanan HugHi Saumya Hug
I am here . I am multitasking . 1 want to read Saumya's update 
2 eat lunch 3 review charts 120 before my day ends.
3 banno ko Manao . ( tough job )
So I am around .
_saumya_ IF-Sizzlerz
_saumya_
_saumya_

Posted: 04 October 2013 at 11:35am | IP Logged
yay! I am here... It feels so great to be here after so long Big smile

Heema22

Heema22 IF-Sizzlerz
Heema22
Heema22

Posted: 04 October 2013 at 11:50am | IP Logged
Clap  Saumya. Enjoy reading about  your vacation . So  you had fantastic time . My husband had great time too, .I really need to make plan and go
 Thank you for correcting my  geography I was never good at west and east or northeast and southwest .

I enjoy reading your Kakapani explanation . One of my grandfather was jailed there and we never heard any word from him but we heard lot  from my other family member . He was jailed 6 month prior to  independence and and saved on 15 th of Aug . Came home ,malnourished and close to death , later recovered and lived to be 90 yrs old . I asked him about Kakapani . His explanation was different . island was made by volcano and had ver dark black sand and water looked very dark so Brits called them black waters  and Indian prisoner called kalapani island .  Your definition is interesting . I always like to know these things . 

I am so happy to read that you had great vacation .At your age traveling with parents must be interesting . Did you see  Rajan ? Swimmer ? 

Welcome back   We sure miss you . Don't get me started on Air India and rudeness .Censored
 I want to here your views on independence.  I remember your outburst !!

Edited by Heema22 - 04 October 2013 at 11:56am

_saumya_

_saumya_ IF-Sizzlerz
_saumya_
_saumya_

Posted: 04 October 2013 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Heema22

Clap  Saumya. Enjoy reading about  your vacation . So  you had fantastic time . My husband had great time too, .I really need to make plan and go You definitely need to... I have been to Kanyakumari too... nice place... nice sunrise and sunset... and vivekanand memorial is nice too.
 Thank you for correcting my  geography I was never good at west and east or northeast and southwest .

I enjoy reading your Kakapani explanation . One of my grandfather was jailed there and we never heard any word from him but we heard lot  from my other family member . He was jailed 6 month prior to  independence and and saved on 15 th of Aug . Came home ,malnourished and close to death , later recovered and lived to be 90 yrs old . I asked him about Kakapani . His explanation was different . island was made by volcano and had ver dark black sand and water looked very dark so Brits called them black water and kalapani .  Your definition is interesting . I always like to know these things ' That was an explanation too... well, everything in history has different explanation depending on the historians. Like Viper island is called that because of another reason that was the britisher who was first appointed as a jailor on that island came in ship called viper

I am so happy to read that you had great vacation .At your age traveling with parents must be interesting . Did you see  Rajan ? Swimmer ?  lol... no I did not get his darshan... :P I know travelling with parents is not a very good idea but surprisingly they were ready to pay for my scuba diving too which was completely unexpected... but I convinced them that I dont plan on saving for dowry so we should use the money LOL

Welcome back   We sure miss you . Don't get me started on Air India and rudeness .Censored I know... I so wanted to tell that fatso (not that I am the healthiest person on planet ) that its her job to look good and be polite to customers and she was not good at any of it
 I want to here your views on independence.  I remember your outburst !! I will write but its going to be long so I took a break LOL

Heema22

Heema22 IF-Sizzlerz
Heema22
Heema22

Posted: 04 October 2013 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
Rajan the famous elephant . Who goes under water . Did you get to see him ? Dia found out about it and later Kanan posted pictures . I asked my husband he told me he was the only one didn't see him because    locals told him story behind him .
 You needed this break . So what you were with your parents .?Don't get me and Dia started on dowry . We  just  had it with JLZ forum . We found new S factor . Lots of  new mata ke Bhakt . Every day Mata Di ki Aarati . just our kind of forum we  don't care for the show the show but love the forum wish you were with us . I wrote Jai mata Di for first time on that forum ' god , I miss that phrase ' 
 Try to write about our partition and independence . 
  Me and my husband went to Hawaii Maui   and Kauai  . These islands are very remote and not commercialized . We did scuba diving . In Hawaii you must know swimming for scuba diving . Water is deep . Corals are  beautiful , many shades of orange .  . My husband went every day . I must tell,you it's heaven on earth . Must do experience . I am glad you  did it . 

btw missing you comment on SV profile . Many asked me about you l Antakshari  is going on  strong .

Edited by Heema22 - 04 October 2013 at 12:22pm
_saumya_ IF-Sizzlerz
_saumya_
_saumya_

Posted: 04 October 2013 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Heema22

Rajan the famous elephant . Who goes under water . Did you get to see him ? Dia found out about it and later Kanan posted pictures . I asked my husband he told me he was the only one didn't see him because    locals told him story behind him . I said toh... I did not get its darshan... 
 You needed this break . So what you were with your parents .?Don't get me and Dia started on dowry . We  just  had it with JLZ forum . We found new S factor . Lots of  new mata ke Bhakt . Every day Mata Di ki Aarati . just our kind of forum we  don't care for the show the show but love the forum wish you were with us . I wrote Jai mata Di for first time on that forum ' god , I miss that phrase ' 
 Try to write about our partition and independence . Well, I am sure the magic the diva rati Pandey created can not be created again. I will never get a forum as entertaining as HD. Day Dreaming good old not so peaceful days at forum ROFL 
  Me and my husband went to Hawaii Maui   and Kauai  . These islands are very remote and not commercialized . We did scuba diving . In Hawaii you must know swimming for scuba diving . Water is deep . Corals are  beautiful , many shades of orange .  . My husband went every day . I must tell,you it's heaven on earth . Must do experience . I am glad you  did it .  So am I . I dont know swimming so I am glad LOL but I want to  learn to swim. 

btw missing you comment on SV profile . Many asked me about you l Antakshari  is going on  strong . I will give  my darshan today LOL

Heema22

Go to top