Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

The Fifth Black Hole :-D ~INVITES ONLY~ (Page 118)

Heema22 IF-Sizzlerz
Heema22
Heema22

Posted: 28 September 2013 at 8:37pm | IP Logged
Hey you are here ! I came over to say goodnight . I had some fun on the forum . I told you I will start on DV and I did . There are some good weekend posts . 
 How was your day ?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

TBDRESS

TBDRESS IF-Dazzler
TBDRESS
TBDRESS

Posted: 28 September 2013 at 8:38pm | IP Logged
Hey Heema Big smile Hope you are still around.

After you posted that video yesterday, I panicked thinking my results were out too and had to go check...but nothing...maybe this guy took the surgical boards LOL 

I went shopping too today- but actually found a few things I liked- so it was productive.  Had dinner with a old friend at a Indian restaurant- why I keep trying these indian restaurants is beyond me- they are all usually so bad. 

Tanu weds manu- that's the one with madhavan, right?  I've seen it- nothing special. 

Heema22

Heema22 IF-Sizzlerz
Heema22
Heema22

Posted: 28 September 2013 at 8:43pm | IP Logged
If you want  Indian dinner come to my place . I don't go to any Indian restaurant unless I am in New York . That city has some fabulous Indian restaurants .waste of money .
   It must be surgical boards !!  Yours will be out this wk or next . Don't think too much about it. This doesn't measure you .
 tanu weds Manu is OK.i liked the songs . She just finished watching it .

My sisters saw " ye jawani  heyn diwani ". It's on nerdy medical student . They want me to see it . I might . I like Deepika. Did you visit forum ? I said  few bad things . 

Edited by Heema22 - 28 September 2013 at 9:10pm
TBDRESS IF-Dazzler
TBDRESS
TBDRESS

Posted: 28 September 2013 at 8:55pm | IP Logged
Your post on the forum ROFL  I joined in the fun LOL 
Oh nd your pm ROFL  What will his village people think...vacationing with a actress...baap re baap ROFL

Yeh jawani hai deewani is not about medical students- Deepika is supposed to be one in the film- and she is highly unbelievable as one LOL  But movie was okay- just one of those fluffy romances...I did like one particular scene in the end- I'll tell you once you have seen it...

medical student se yaad aya, how was your presentaiton? 

Heema22

Heema22 IF-Sizzlerz
Heema22
Heema22

Posted: 28 September 2013 at 9:01pm | IP Logged
Yesterday I was too tired to say anything about my"  euthanasia " 
I know Kanan will ask about it too.

This weak was the most   Challenging    week of my professional life. I found taking oral boards was easier so you know the depth  of my fear . This wasn't fear of failing because I am not fearful of failing I know I have limitations . It was fear of loosing control and being disrespectful to students . I hate that .. I had so many encounters with lawyers and I have lots of bottled up anger . I never lost court case and never did any mistake on operating table but they have made my  life missable .our  Hospital and  department with excellent reputation but trauma department has high mortality rate  due to nature of the field I just didn't want to displaced my anger on future lawyers and get defensive . I made this very clear to Lynne . I want to stay offensive which is my nature and not judge these innocent  students.
      On Monday we came to know we will face 250  future lawyers . Only 50 ladies in the  audience .  this wasn't good Two very successful ladies presenting to mostly egotistic men . So we force Steave and Neil . ( groom from Rhode Island wedding )no time for them for prep .but we provide needed info  to  them . we were dress to kill just like lawyers and not like over exhausted doctors .

Lynne presented anatomy . I did normal and abnormal physiology .Steve  did slide presentation on brain dead people and Neil did presentation on Brain cancer .
    I opened up the session I introduced myself ( we always do that . No one says any thing about us ). minute I finished one smart ass asked me to describe my self .
  So I told him I am very simple person with simple thinking who got in to very complicated field of medicine who has passion for very controversial subject like " murdering some one who  brain dead who is not in pain which is known Euthanasia  .and he really loved it . He was my friend from start . But Lynne hated that question ,I heard .Lynne muttering  "Schmuck" .thank God , her microphone was not on . She was next presenter . 

We kept the lecture as lectures and didn't open for Q and A  till after lunch . we needed to regroup and get our thoughts together .

Q and A was surprisingly pleasant  but went on till 5 PM . 8 to 5 was longest seminar I have  ever done . they asked very good questions mostly on medicine . Ethics .  Working against  families , no code . living will . and methods used  and about our feeling and  conscious   And guilt .

They asked me how do I know ,  That person is not in pain.and what right I have to tell family " it's time " 

So without getting angry, defensive , or rude we all did very well .many questions were fair . No religious fanatics no lunatic . We only get them in meds school . I had encounter with my rude  lawyers son . We were waiting to see if he had   violated HIPPA he did but the kid was just too good so we ignored it .I hope , we will nnot regrets our  mistake but we shouldn't hold any grudges. His father is a  jerk not not him . 
  Long rant . BTW Shama came over and sat In for entire session. ( last time my husband   snuck   in ). She told me that "I was too easy on these  future basters " what can I say. Hoping for the best for all of us.

Edited by Heema22 - 28 September 2013 at 9:04pm
TBDRESS IF-Dazzler
TBDRESS
TBDRESS

Posted: 28 September 2013 at 9:18pm | IP Logged
Gosh, thats a long presentation!  Glad it went well.  I just don't appreciate the fact that the legal system tries to impose its moral code on individuals, especially when it comes to end of life issues that only affect the said individual.  If I want euthanasia for myself and go thru a rigorous process to ensure that it is appropriate, who is the govt/legal system to tell me that I can't do it!  It amazes me how people/gov/tlegal system could care less when my poor diabetic pt goes years and years without being able to afford his/her medications, but gosh when he/she is in the icu septic form her uncontrolled diabetes, then damn, we better spend a million dollars in a span of 2 days to acheive nothing!  Makes me terribly mad! 

Heema22

Heema22 IF-Sizzlerz
Heema22
Heema22

Posted: 28 September 2013 at 9:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Walden

Gosh, thats a long presentation!  Glad it went well.  I just don't appreciate the fact that the legal system tries to impose its moral code on individuals, especially when it comes to end of life issues that only affect the said individual.  If I want euthanasia for myself and go thru a rigorous process to ensure that it is appropriate, who is the govt/legal system to tell me that I can't do it!  It amazes me how people/gov/tlegal system could care less when my poor diabetic pt goes years and years without being able to afford his/her medications, but gosh when he/she is in the icu septic form her uncontrolled diabetes, then damn, we better spend a million dollars in a span of 2 days to acheive nothing!  Makes me terribly mad! 

Let's not get started on US politics , lawyers and the  system . Most politician are lawyers and that's a problem . Before we get into this non ending discussion I want to say GOODNIGHT ! Shama is bugging me to see SNL , Goodnight see you tomorrow l have a great day l,we are thinking about going for movie ? GN Hug 

TBDRESS

TBDRESS IF-Dazzler
TBDRESS
TBDRESS

Posted: 28 September 2013 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
Have a GN- read and comment on my posts in jlz forum tomorrow Big smile

Heema22

Go to top