Chat Clubs

The Fifth Black Hole :-D ~INVITES ONLY~ - Page 102

Heema22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
This content was originally posted by: AllThingsNice

Read his autobiography ever? I could not stand it! I don't like him either. 🀒 

I need to run . I will write on this tomorrow . Or I should PM you because stalker might get offended and report me . But I am not his fan for sure . We had insider information . My grandparents !!! And lots of books  I read . Including his Autobiography" hated  it . 
Edited by Heema22 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AllThingsNice thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
You tell me about the Mahatma and I'll tell you about Dusshera celebrations in Mysore. πŸ˜ƒ Final good night. Take care πŸ€—
Heema22 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: AllThingsNice

You tell me about the Mahatma and I'll tell you about Dusshera celebrations in Mysore. πŸ˜ƒ Final good night. Take care πŸ€—

Kanan . These are my views on Gandhi and Neharu . I am not a fan . . My both grandpas and great grandfathers were in " Bharat chodo " andolan .. Jailed many times even went to Kakapani . One was killed during  one of the "swatantra  ladha " this subject very close to my heart . I grew up with stories and later I did lots of reading on my own . Recently I saw pakistani drama Dastan just to see their point of view . 
When I talk about guilty party I include  Nehru,Lord Mountbatten,Edwina Mountbatten, Gandhi and Jinnah.
I personally think Gandhi used to mix politics with religion and his principles and how unsuccessful his methods proved to be at times. Neharu was having passionate affair with Edwina and went along with Gandhi because after partition he was promised highest honor .there were plenty of occasion when our leaders had behaved differently , our country might have gone down an entirely  different path  . Perhaps avoiding partition perhaps divesting  communal violence that followed . There were plenty of situations in which the action of a single leader would have influenced different outcome . Such as Gandhi stooping riots through the sheer force of moral leadership .( wished he save Bhagat sing . He had choice but he was not follower of non violence )    Or Neharu  holding much of India through his personality and moral leadership and political skills .Jinha initially opposed partition but later went along with Brits because he was promised a lot and he wanted to be prime minister of the country and Neharu had that seat . So for personal gain every one of them  sacrificed common man " Praja ki Bali chadai " they were just common peoples who did lots of mistakes  and felled for greed . Brits wanted this and they were serve on silver platter .

Please,  if you have time read this book one if the best book I and my husband ever read .

Indian Summer-The secret history to the end of an empire" is a historical book which is written by Alex Von Tunzelman
her education from Oxford University and now works as a researcher currently residing in London.Indian Summer is her first book in which she details the liberation of India from British Empire.
She is not above the occasional good gossip. Still, she has clearly done her homework; the book is well researched and impeccably documented. In von Tunzelmann's telling, Gandhi, Nehru, Jinnah, and the Mountbattens are no longer merely towering historical figures but flawed human beings just like the rest of us. They did the best they could but often misjudged how things would turn out.

@ bold .
Now your turn to keep promise . 

I
TBDRESS thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This is for Heema and Kanan (so I don't get accused of ignoring Kanan) and Saumya too when she comes back...edit: just realized she's back!  Welcome back Sammy!  πŸ€—Did you swim with Raja πŸ˜†..I had a patient say something very interesting to me today...and reading Heema and Kanan's thoughts on gandhi and nehru, this seems so timely.

But this guy is basically a war vet- I think he fought in the Vietnam war.  But anway, he said to me that the reason India is one unified nation/country today and not divided into 3-4 different parts is because of the Brits.  He said the Brits brought a common langauge to India (english of course) and connected the different regions thru mass transit (railways).  I don't know how true the railway part is.  Initially I wanted to completely dismiss what he was saying but now that I that think about it, I think he's partly right.  My history sucks (so one of you correct me if I'm wrong) but before the Brits colonized the south aisan empire, the area was ruled by local governments- no central/secular government.  If the Brits had not colonized the area, I actually do wonder if there could have been a central/secular government ruling the entire country which is so diverse !  Somewhere I think the area may have disintegrated into different sections.  But I guess we'll never know. 

Edited by Walden - 10 years ago
Heema22 thumbnail
Hi Dia . What a day . I hate funerals . Why people specially children need to give eulogy ?
Second funeral was at work . I said goodbye  to my both groups. Lots of tears hugs and kisses .
I did not use baby or my sister or my physical status as my excuse . I told them that these  group needs group therapy setting and I am not qualified . They now have  psychologist  and psychiatrist ruining the group they can Bill insurance company . But no one was happy . 
Very sad day. πŸ˜­

How was your day ? Do you have diagnosis ??
Heema22 thumbnail
Dia , what your patient told you is 100 % right . Brits did lot of good thing in our country .i am history buff and most of the historian give them credit for good changes .even my parents agreed 🀣that because of Brits we are united country .rail roads, grand railroad stations like one in Mumbai , excellent hospitals , introduce English . Improved roads . Made tunnels through mountains .  Good university like Bombay university . Good colleges ,  they introduced higher education thru out the country . At a same time they looted India . It was our fault that they ruled us but when time came to correct these mistakes and throw them out of our country  our leaders did lots  of  of mistakes . Most mistakes were done for selfish reasons . I think that they could have prevented partition and all the violence during that time .  Without partition India would have been very powerful and Brits didn't want it . So they did lots of good and plenty of bad so take your pick . But never tell be to bow to these great leaders ! 
 Make time and read the book I posted . Most libraries have it l only one needed to know most of the Indian indendenace  war . Very interesting and no fabrication . It has lots of original pictures and documents .you will change over night  for good .
Heema22 thumbnail
saumya darling this is  for you πŸ€—. I never get  tired of this song .
Kab aaoge -jism jan juda hogee kya tab aaoge
 Der naa ho jaye kahee der naa ho jaye
 Aaja re ke meraa mann ghabraye
 Der naa ho jaye kahee der naa ho jaye

Aaja ve mahee teraa rasta ho dekhdiya
 Dar se hattee nahee najar aaja, aaja dil kee pukar par aaja
 Der karna teree aadat thee sahee, der se hee sahi magar aaja
 Aaja ve mahi teraa rasta ho dekhdiya

TBDRESS thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Funerals- never know what to say...especially when the death is unexpected like this. 

Again this is me speaking based on nothing but it seems like the violence during partition could have very well been prevented but the partition itself- not so sure.  I don't think partition is always a bad idea.  People who want to live with a certain set of rules and laws should be allowed to do so.  And that sometimes means making 2 states/nations.  I mean what is the reason to keep them together- like you said- to be more powerful- but powerful against who- another set of people who may not share your values/culture/and religion?    But I agree, the hostility between the 2 nations could have been prevented and seems to have only been perpetuated by the leaders of the time.  . 

Oh god, I ramble way too much πŸ˜†
Heema22 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Walden

Funerals- never know what to say...especially when the death is unexpected like this. 

Again this is me speaking based on nothing but it seems like the violence during partition could have very well been prevented but the partition itself- not so sure.  I don't think partition is always a bad idea.  People who want to live with a certain set of rules and laws should be allowed to do so.  And that sometimes means making 2 states/nations.  I mean what is the reason to keep them together- like you said- to be more powerful- but powerful against who- another set of people who may not share your values/culture/and religion?    But I agree, the hostility between the 2 nations could have been prevented and seems to have only been perpetuated by the leaders of the time.  . 

Oh god, I ramble way too much πŸ˜†

This is exactly what Brits wanted people to believe . They are the  one  who rooted this idea in our head . They started lots of fights . Let's not get started on Brits !! 

Heema22 thumbnail
You had dinner ?  So fast ?What did you make ? Lately I am getting 7 course meals. I am keeping her for good .my husband just send over one nice song . I  am  going post it .
How is your mint plant .?