Chhan Chhan

India-Forums

Chhan Chhan
Chhan Chhan

PLEASE DO SHOW APPRECIATION FOR WRITER OF THE SHOW (Page 2)

showviewer IF-Rockerz
showviewer
showviewer

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by cruze

Originally posted by kbtr

Link?
i guess she's talking abt this

but they did not mention chhanchhanConfused

Yup, thanks for attaching the link. Can the mods tag Chhanchhan on request?

showviewer IF-Rockerz
showviewer
showviewer

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 11:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DiyaS

1 done ... showviewer, is this the writer whose earlier interview you had told me about? The one who was brought in to build up the ChhanMan relationship after Anuj entered ... her forte is relationships. She's doing a great job if she is the same lady ... the ChhanMan relationship after marriage has been really well written! 

No that is Sonali Jaffar who is the story writer of Chhanchhan along with Vipul Shah. Sonali is also a smart, articulate lady who seems to understand the business of TV daily soaps. Did you get a chance to see the YouTube link I posted?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DiyaS

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 11:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by showviewer

1 done ... showviewer, is this the writer whose earlier interview you had told me about? The one who was brought in to build up the ChhanMan relationship after Anuj entered ... her forte is relationships. She's doing a great job if she is the same lady ... the ChhanMan relationship after marriage has been really well written! 

No that is Sonali Jaffar who is the story writer of Chhanchhan along with Vipul Shah. Sonali is also a smart, articulate lady who seems to understand the business of TV daily soaps. Did you get a chance to see the YouTube link I posted?

No, I couldn't find it Ouch ... do you still have it?

Interesting to see more women writers coming into TV ... I hope they start writing women's characters better than the Gopi vhaus and Sandhya beendnis we've been forced to stomach for so long, and also the chirpy bubbly brainless characters ... there have been far too many of those too. The problem is that to write a daily soap, and keep it going for a long time, a writer is almost compelled to make his or her characters brainless at some point or the other. Confused

showviewer

AdorableDevil IF-Stunnerz
AdorableDevil
AdorableDevil

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 11:21am | IP Logged
done 3

showviewer

showviewer IF-Rockerz
showviewer
showviewer

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 11:32am | IP Logged

Originally posted by showviewer

No, I couldn't find it Ouch ... do you still have it?

Interesting to see more women writers coming into TV ... I hope they start writing women's characters better than the Gopi vhaus and Sandhya beendnis we've been forced to stomach for so long, and also the chirpy bubbly brainless characters ... there have been far too many of those too. The problem is that to write a daily soap, and keep it going for a long time, a writer is almost compelled to make his or her characters brainless at some point or the other. Confused

Here you go:

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=FvbF08XTPv4

This interview is before Chhanchhan happened, but gives good insight into compulsions, pulls and pressures of making and writing for Indian telly soaps. It sort of addresses some of the things you mentioned (can't agree more),  have a look and let me know what you think.

Edited by showviewer - 15 August 2013 at 11:47am

DiyaS

Go to top