Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 6

Why blame Salman? Note : 9 (Page 8)

VirManForLife Senior Member
VirManForLife
VirManForLife

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 1:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by CestMoi

Originally posted by VirManForLife

I'm not shoving my views down anyone's throat. I am only expressing them. Difference is I respect others views even if I don't agree with them, which unfortunately does not happen with my views
.Innovative steps can't be easy, because what's easy has already been done before. That's why it's called innovation, to go a step further on the same steps. This statement which i posted before is the same as the definition given by you. Something which hasn't been done before=new. Oops, looks like my take is the same as the dictionary's!Wink

@Bold: Why can't they be easy, because you say so LOL And you say you aren't shoving your opinions, too bad your intent and words don't match up LOL

Let me copy and paste your definition: "Innovation is through never seen before, out-of-the-box, wicked hard steps" <--- Now tell me how is this same as the definition I posted. Yes you did say new and out of the box, but you are also equating hard steps to innovation, which doesn't fit in the definition at all. Innovation means something new, it doesn't have to be hard steps. It can include anything, from simple to hard steps to anything in between. 

So talking about the actual definition, I will say you are contouring the meaning and trying to impose your views on others. Even after this if you can't see it, go right ahead and question the the dictionary, all yours.

Edit: Typo

Because to innovate means to go a step further on the same old idea. "To innovate means to introduce changes and new ideas in the way something is done or made."- Collins Dictonary
Since innovation is an ongoing process since the beginning of the world, what is easy has obviously been already thought about. To innovate, you need to put a twist on steps. And let's not forget, how our "esteemed" judges are only wowed by insane lifts and kicks...what's a choreo to do? Do you understand me now? Or do I need to re-explain?

VirManForLife
VirManForLife

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 1:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Paris4Helen

So, the Salman Fans think its DDs Fault. Any way it has to be either of the two for not being able to perform. Unless the fans take responsibility of their poor performance Wink LOL

It's nobody's fault! Why are we so hasty in pointing fingers at people? They are trying their level best, all of the couples. They are breaking their backs, losing their sleep over this competition. If you can't appreciate them, then at least don't degrade them. However, I still don't understand why you have to single out ONLY Salman and Drashti, which is quite evident by your replies to posts. This post, is a result of such negative posts and replies. 
VirManForLife
VirManForLife

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 1:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by CestMoi

Easy things are finished, so innovation means difficult things ... ROFL

I swear, the things people say crack me up. I mean since when do the definitions have subjective meaning to it LOL

Everything in this world is treated subjectively. That's why people are called "judgemental". But i'm not even being subjective here. I've given you proof.
VirManForLife
VirManForLife

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 1:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by enigmatic_zephy

Ever since JDJ has started, there have been posts popping up on how Salman is a bad choreo, how he's lost his touch, that he only did well in Season 5 because of Isha's skills. Upto a point, even I agreed with these posts and started seeing Salman as a limited choreographer with no imagination. But when I thought about it today, I realised that he is being challenged and disadvantaged due to many factors. Firstly, Drashti is a non-dancer. Now obviously, most of the contestants are non-dancers. But in Drashti's case, they have only around 2-3 days to practice. Plus, Drashti works around the clock, which leaves her body tired and inflexible, especially as the episodes progress. The same case was seen with Sid and Sonia, in which all the blame was placed on Sonia, and we all know what a fantastic choreo she is(Mahesh Manjrekar and Baichung Bhutia). What we need to understand, is that these choreos cannot recreate the same magic they did in previous seasons. This is a show which requires not only dance, but smart planning and strategy. Salman only has two or three nights to teach Drashti, and that too a tired and hassled Drashti, whose body and mind both are supposed to be resting. How can he possibly be innovative and teach her difficult steps in such conditions? Just because a choreo is unable to deliver past results and falters, we should not start doubting his/her talent. That, is one thing I understood today.

so r u saying DD is the reason for his failings this season?

No, DD is not to be blamed either. None of the contestants or their choreos are to be blamed. It's their vastly disparate situational factors, and our negative mindset that is the culprit. We all know what challenges each couple is facing. Keeping that in mind, we can judge them, but there is no way we end up bad-mouthing them. A little bit of sensitivity never killed anyone.
VirManForLife
VirManForLife

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 1:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -niti-

Slaman ,as a choreo he should be  able to hide Drashti's  weaknesses just like Shampa did last season 

And Drashti should  provide him  with more time for practice  ...

IMO , either  Salman is  not capable enough to hide  Darshti's weaknesses or Drashti  is not  strong enough to hide  Salman's weakness as a choereographer 

IMO, judging on what I saw in the last season, Shampa and Gurmeet were just as good/bad as Salman and Drashti are now. Gurmeet really struggled in the competition, and his flaws were clearly visible, though he got a bit better by the end. I can see the same happening with Drashti. The only reason Gurmeet won was because of his fan following, which may happen with Drashti as well. So, they seem equally suited to me, unless you can prove otherwise.
VirManForLife
VirManForLife

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 2:03am | IP Logged

Uncle ji ... Buddha ho Gaya, phir bhi, logic dena bhi apko nehi ata... Take iodized salt, woh badam kaam nehi kar raha hain...LOL

You are saying he has lied, I'm not saying... So when you deny a Salman fan when he puts the blame on DD for poor performance, then I can see, been kidhar se baaj raha hain ..

Don't put words in my mouth, and don't try to present my views in a twisted way. I'm not blaming Drashti, I'm just not a fan. Big difference there. And yes, I'm a Salman fan, but I'm also a Tushar fan, Sonia fan and Shampa fan. Now please tell me you finally understand. Or do I have to spell everything out for you in big letters? Considering the rate at which you assimilate, you need the baadaam and iodized salt, instead of anyone else.
VirManForLife
VirManForLife

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 2:07am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Arnav90

Originally posted by Arnav90

UNCLE JI, YOU ARE MISSING YOU GLASSES, READ TMs OWN COFESSION OF BEING A SALMAN FAN, UNCLE JI... THAT SHOULD MAKE HOU HAPPY LOL ANY DIFFERENCE?

DO THE DD FANS NOW DISOWN SALMAN FANS?? SO THE FIGHT HAS BEGUN THEN ... MARRIAGE OF CONVENIENCE IS BROKEN?? THAT'S GOOD TO KNOW ...
Aunty Ji atleast stick to ur own words, Did'nt u named me as 1st grade kid who did'nt know counting LOL Lagta hai Aunty Ji ki yaadashat kamjor hai LOL LOL TM kya hai we know very well 4m last one year LOL

You know him for last one year? And then still you refused uncle ji, I don't think it's a class one problem, but a case of memory loss, old age problem... Unless its a deliberate attempt...
Wink Wink

Tum toh Andha bho ho..., LOL I have to go by symptoms displayed in each place.. ... LOL

So, DD fans have started disowning Salman fans Wink that's a good development LOL
Know her for 1 year that why i said She is neither DD fan nor Salman LOL Badam khao Aunti Ji aur ho sakke toh eye drops bhi use karo LOL Tum itni paidal kyun ho LOL

Uncle ji, thanks I know Badam is ur fav to keep the upper chamber in working condition.. I take it for pass time... I feel I'm going to have a lots of spare time now ... LOL

So you want to say, the TM has lied that he is a Salman fan? Or you r disowning all Salman fan the same way?? I can see him claiming to be Salman fan and defending him too LOL

The only reason Salman is being singled out by me, is because all the naysayers and TM's singled him out the most in the first place instead of any other choreographer! So I'm not defending him, I'm questioning your motives for singling a choreographer out like this in the first place.
enigmatic_zephy IF-Sizzlerz
enigmatic_zephy
enigmatic_zephy

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 2:09am | IP Logged

No, DD is not to be blamed either. None of the contestants or their choreos are to be blamed. It's their vastly disparate situational factors, and our negative mindset that is the culprit. We all know what challenges each couple is facing. Keeping that in mind, we can judge them, but there is no way we end up bad-mouthing them. A little bit of sensitivity never killed anyone.

Why shud we be sensitive?

if you are undergoing legitimate unforseen grave personal issue and your performance starts dipping..your ofc folks and clients will give you a leeway once or twice and then either you will be sent on leave or out of the job..

All these folks- judges, contestants and the choreogrphers.. signed a work contract..not a leisure contract and def not a charity event for a viewer...

When they signed it, they knew wat they are expected to do..so its their prerogative to ensure they have the time and will to do it...

Now, they can't come and say we dont have this or that...as viewers initially , at least I have, given a lot of leeway to each..but after 11 odd weeks if they still can't get their act together then that's wrong..

1, Judges are not doing their job - its their duty to research upon all dances being performed that day and be prepared to know wat that dance is supposed to be .. and thus make intelligent comments rather than walking in a designer dress, taking names of contestants whom we are seeing for 11 weeks now, colelcting a cr check and leave...

They need to be bashed, thrown out for being non performers..

2. Contestants: Do they really think they are in a charity show?... You signed up for it..your duty to do justice with it... they have zero right to say they don't have time, or they don't have skills, or that they are awesome and their choreo sucks..watever...

You are getting paid for this..you are doing this for urself..infact you are calling in favours by asking vote..and then you say you don't have time? y the hell did you sign up in the first place..?

Did you think dance takes only 2 hrs of practice daily, or did someone think dance is only abt expressions and walking from one corner to another, or did someone think if she keeps ( read aarti) crying and saying she is working hard that will take care of it, or did someone think she is popular she will win (shweta), or did someone think she comes from a family of dancers, is trained she will rock (mukti), or did she really think...her choreo and her precious 2 hrs twice a week coupled with her mindblowing skills ( which she probably realizes now she doesnt have)...were enough ( read DD),,..?... and many more examples..

3. Choreo: They are here to make the best of the situation..they are choreographers...dancing is not paranormal that can't be taught.. for a person with decent flexibility or lets say with no inflexibility.. a choreo can teach a wonderful dance..

to give you a context, a good Jazz 3 minute items requires max 8 hours a week with a beginner ( someone who has never danced...ever?)...and these 8 hours include 2.5 hours of exercises and 5.5 hours of practice...and I am talking a good routine routine..

another example, a wondergul belly dance routine- on a full 3-4 minute song...requires 4/5 hours...

its the classical dances that actually require a much more hard work... try sitting in half sitting posture (aramandi or murmandi) if you don't know how to dance... and then tell me how many hours it takes you to just learn holding that position..it is damn tough!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The point is, people without information make a lot of assumptions...and then put forth logic that is flawed..

Sorry to say, but no it is not our negative mindset if we pay for sthg and the service provider does not provide..

and for the couples..we understand the challenges,,,? but for how long shud be keep giving them excuses for this?...why are they not responsible for sorting out the challenges in their performance? Why do we have to oversee that every time...?..by that logic shweta's choreo shud hv never changed...

For your topic:

What salman did or did not do in past is immaterial..talk current..

He has a project...is he delivering?..If his challenge is that he himself does not have time..then he needs to make clear what is priority..if JDJ is not as important that why bother this discussion in 1st place when he himself does not respect that show and work..and its free money for him..

If his problem is his student doesn't have time..then he needs to be strict abt it..make it clear to the student...if she has her priorities rt...

quite simple no... they need to work hard towards paychecks rt?.. Viewers can't be expected to overlook every single time..

PS: Cna someone enlighten me why are we ahving these salman vs DD posts suddenly..did sthg happen?

Edited by enigmatic_zephy - 17 August 2013 at 2:13am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Diva-In-Armordesicrowd_charu_mithsi_22HashiBooBeingBlunt-Dhoop-

Go to top