Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Era for flower pot female singers???

music_masti Goldie
music_masti
music_masti

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 2:18am | IP Logged
Can we have a discussion after the success party and fan wars 

i'm a very hardcore music fan...especially bollywood music...last couple of years i feel the female singers is not getting their due recognition in the industry...we have great singers like shreya, sunidhi and the new lot talents...

but how much we are hearing their songs...

last year and this year till now we dont have a good duet song or solo song from them...

this year female solo songs - banarasiya, sawaarloon, sun raha hai na tuu...

all other so called female item dance songs  also captured by the male stars and singers...so item dance song also became duet songs...

and take the love duet songs...now female singers get only 2 or 3 lines in that...

why this is happening...is the music directors doesnt want  females to sing...or the stars and directors want to project male stars only so that they are even cut the songs and even lines for female singers...making heoines and singers flower pots...

i'm taking 2-3 examples .

subanallah from YJHD - the situation is heroine falls in love the hero...hero doesnt feel anything other than his dreams...heroine feels everything...but the song is sung by hero...heroine gets only 2 lines in that song...

same movie kabira song - heroine is sad...she want hero to stop wandering and be with her...but hero soul /heart sings for himself...oooh kabira maan jaaa...

chennai express - heroine asking hero what is their relation...he dont have any answer...but the male voice comes and singss...meherbaani nahi tera pyar maanga hai...

some times i wonder is it heroines heart sounds male voice...

all the stars movie we take...khiladi 786, OUATIMD, Barfi, no female songs...album may be some songs are there...but in the movie..no female songs...

even we take this years romantic duet songs ...like the songs from raanjhana, ramaiyya vastavaiya...in that also only 1 or 2 lines is there  for the female singers

other than aashiqui 2  hum tere song this do we rezally had a good romantic duet song..where...female and male singers got equal parts to sing...

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

narchibaldSakuuKrishnala-ILoveDrama..Scarlett..gossipgurlsgujunpyo.Bongsookie.

aish. IF-Sizzlerz
aish.
aish.

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 2:34am | IP Logged
About Subanallah, I so agree. Even I was like, why is he singing when its Naina who is falling in love?:S

With Kabira, it's more of trying to express his confusion of what to choose.

Same with Tera rastha...It was about how Rahul was confused about his own feelings. Titli expressed Meena's feelings...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

music_masti-Pia-

music_masti Goldie
music_masti
music_masti

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 2:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aishh.

About Subanallah, I so agree. Even I was like, why is he singing when its Naina who is falling in love?:S

With Kabira, it's more of trying to express his confusion of what to choose.

Same with Tera rastha...It was about how Rahul was confused about his own feelings. Titli expressed Meena's feelings...

titli expressed meena's feeling..but g\hero was singing with her...i dont have problem in with titli...Wink

my main concern is why female singers not getting songs...why there is no solo or even equal parts to sing in a romantic song...
narchibald Senior Member
narchibald
narchibald

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 2:47am | IP Logged
A refreshing change from the fanwars.
Many movies are centered around the male protagonist so not suprising if only male singers have solos but suprisingly even duets these days are more like male solos subhanallah being a prime example.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

music_masti

noorsand Goldie
noorsand
noorsand

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 3:28am | IP Logged
Good post! And I agree, even in Cocktail--the song "Tera Naam Japdi Phira" expresses Deepika's feelings but is in a male voice.
But, having a Punjabi background this does not surprises me since a lot of Punjabi songs are sung in a male voice irrespective of whose emotion they are expressing.

music_mastiReal.Madrid

IamaPCmaniac Goldie
IamaPCmaniac
IamaPCmaniac

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 5:19am | IP Logged
good point...
narchibald Senior Member
narchibald
narchibald

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 5:43am | IP Logged
Another song is Kailash Kher'ss teri deewani. Not a bollywood song but an example of a male singer singing a song based on a female's emotions

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

HakunaMatata.

Chippeshwini IF-Sizzlerz
Chippeshwini
Chippeshwini

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 5:48am | IP Logged
Wow, verry cool observation!

ohh reply to narchibald
I read somewhere that Kailash's songs from the female perspective are from the perspective of some female bird, some specific species
who innately pines for her husband partner or something

narchibald.Bongsookie.

Go to top