Anamika

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!

.KupKakes thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Happy Independence Day to all Indians!!!😃
Today is a really special day for Indians, it symbolizes unity and freedom!

Here is the first speech after Independence by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru -
"Long years ago we made a tryst with destiny, and now the time comes when we shall redeem our pledge, not wholly or in full measure, but very substantially.

At the stroke of midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom. A moment comes which comes but rarely in history, when we step out from the old to the new, then an age ends, and when the soul of a nation, long suppressed, finds utterance. It is fitting that at this solemn moment we take the pledge of dedication to India and her people and to the still larger cause of humanity.

At the dawn of history India started on her unending quest, and trackless centuries are filled with her striving and the grandeur of her successes and her failures. Through good and ill fortune alike she has never lost sight of that quest or forgotten the ideals which gave her strength. We end today a period of ill fortune and India discovers herself again.

The achievement we celebrate today is but a step, an opening of opportunity, to the greater triumphs and achievements that await us. Are we brave enough and wise enough to grasp this opportunity and accept the challenge of the future?

Freedom and power bring responsibility. That responsibility rests upon this assembly, a sovereign body representing the sovereign people of India. Before the birth of freedom we have endured all the pains of labour and our hearts are heavy with the memory of this sorrow. Some of those pains continue even now.

Nevertheless, the past is over and it is the future that beckons to us now. That future is not one of ease or resting but of incessant striving so that we might fulfill the pledges we have so often taken and the one we shall take today. The service of India means the service of the millions who suffer. It means the ending of poverty and ignorance and disease and inequality of opportunity. The ambition of the greatest man of our generation has been to wipe every tear from every eye. That may be beyond us but so long as there are tears and suffering, so long our work will not be over.

And so we have to labor and to work, and work hard, to give reality to our dreams. Those dreams are for India, but they are also for the world, for all the nations and peoples are too closely knit together today for any one of them to imagines that it can live apart. Peace has been said to be indivisible, so is freedom, so is prosperity now, and so also is disaster in this one world that can no longer be split into isolated fragments.

To the people of India whose representatives we are, we make appeal to join us with faith and confidence in this great adventure. This is no time for petty and destructive criticism, no time for ill-will or blaming others. We have to build the noble mansion of free India where all her children may dwell.

Here is one of my favourite poems by Rabindranath Tagore -
Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high;
Where knowledge is free;
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by domestic walls;
Where words come out from the depth of truth;
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection;
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit;
Where the mind is led forward by thee into ever-widening thought and action'
Into that heaven of freedom, my father, let my country awake. 

Here is a little speech I wrote on progress of India after freedom -
66 years after Independence, India has progressed a lot from where it was. But the question is has it progressed enough? How has India settled down to the democratic system of governance? Are Indians using their rights properly and following their duties?

The politicians are as recent revelations have told us misusing their power. They are corrupt and create unrest and inequality in the country. This corruption is the biggest hindrance to the progress of the country.

Undoubtedly, China, Korea and Japan have progressed much more than us. This maybe because of their education system. Our education system does not have fair testing. Also, English is a big barrier for many children. All these countries teach children in their mother tongue. If we were to do this too, our children would do much better in whatever field they choose. It is not good to make English medium the norm for all.

But despite all these problems, India truly deserves her freedom and the Indians deserve to enjoy the freedom!

JAI HIND!
BHARAT MATA KI JAI!!
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!
N HOPE YOU LIKED THE THREAD!

Edited by medha99 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dr.Fear thumbnail
Happy Independence Day to everyonee

Great n awesome post really loved it
ChickenSoup thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Happy Independence Day everyone. Long live our beautiful nation!! I'm extremely proud to be an Indian. JAI HIND!!!
ChickenSoup thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This is the time to remember all those brave freedom fighters and revolutionaries who sacrificed their lives for an independent India. Rani Laxmi Bai, Khudiram Bose, Tipu Sultan, Gandhi Ji, Bhagat Singh, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, Surya Sen, etc. respect to all of them.
sector thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
  👏  hats off medha, well done, a great thread indeed

day and night, my biggest tension is the state of affairs of our country. i'm just an ordinary citizen, and perhaps i am not destined to think for the country, but i just cant help it.

i pick up quarrels everywhere, in electricity offices, railway stations etc, everywhere and anywhere if i see the public being wronged. Recently i had the good /  bad  fortune of travelling in a bus where a senior citizen was talking time in finding his DTC  pass from his purse/bag and the conductor was a rough and burly fellow and a fight ensued and all of a sudden he slapped the senior citizen.   i don't know when and how i was screaming at  the conductor, screaming at top of my voice, standing on top of a seat to get to his height (i am of good height at 5 ft 5 inches ) but there was no place to stand near him.

I did not slap him or anything but held on tight to his wrist, dragged him to the front, stood on top of the engine and told the driver, this bus will now stop only at a Police station.

All this while, i was not in my senses, i did not know what i was doing.  some people were at my side, some were saying yeh pagaal ladki  late karva degi.    But i went on screaming.  Right to the Police station. Only a handful of people came with me, more ladies then men. i hate you men. All of you. The uncle ji told the Inspector (inspector  had come out at my screams or the noise),  that the conductor was about to beat him all the more if this girl had not intervened.  A case was not registered, but he made the conductor fall down at Uncle Ji's feet and beg forgiveness.

Next day, my office, two young handsome colleagues (they always line maro me at other times)  said, Madam, we got off the bus when you turned it towards the Police station, so atleast we got on time to office, this much anger is not good for a Female, in DU, such girls used to be raped.  These are the exact words of the two boys who are always dressed up like Akshay kumar.

This was 7-8 months ago.

i can go on and on at what i do.   But i won't, so that aap bhi late na ho jao becoz of me.  one last more, please.   when these netas come at election time to our sector i ask for their phone numbers and tell people (scream again, i don't carry a loud speaker around)  to see if these phone numbers will work after elections. i ask them to first go and get details of the chain snatching at my sector,  status of theft cases, and also tell them please come tomorrow in the  evening and lets see how many street light work.  i am an idiot for doing so, but i don't know what happens to me.  i am an aries and aggression is my first love.

However, due to these habits,( like i don't bribe anyone be it any ticket, any bill, any paperwork) ,  i have very few friends. i am so confused at what to do, to listen to the people around me telling me to sober up, or to continue.  i chose the latter, because i feel their are a very few people left with a concious for the state of affairs.  However, other things hardly bother me and i am very happy most of the time. Have you ever ever seen my aggression at any of the threads for example, where  some of us do pick fights at what we don't like.  so please don't go away from me, i am harmless like a pomerian otherwise. i only acquire Alsatian or doberman or German shepherd Avataar when someone is wronged. i just hope i don't have a violent end one day, like those boys said.  even if i do, i hope some good comes out of it, some souls awaken becoz of that.

But i need a definite guideline. candle lights at india gates are not for me. my only regret in life is that i was not born in 1890's or so, becoz then, i would have been young by 1915's or 1920's.

An appeal to who so ever cares is to please guide people like me as to what else can we do besides fighting corruption and injustice around us.

I salute the Afghanistani girl who had a bullet in her head and just refused to die. i salute the young lady who a few days ago fought two men on a bike who snatched  her neighbour's chain. She got a bullet in her body but did not let go of the boys and later refused to die. i salute all the people who have had bullets in their body fighting for justice and told death  - i'll  die another day.