Qubool Hai

India-Forums

Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

Some highly irritating points in Qubool Hai. (Page 2)

GredandForge IF-Sizzlerz
GredandForge
GredandForge

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 3:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jimson

Hello!! Hi!

Ever since Qubool Hai started, all I've been doing is wondering about what the age of Zoya would be, considering the past shows of 4 Lions where the female protagonist has always been 18. And then the love story starts. In Geet, women get pregnant at 18!!
So taking in all the data, 17 years ago Zoya must have been 2 or 3 years old, looking at baby Zoya. Then now she must be around 20. BUT, she said she has a degree in computer software. But no matter HOW MANY credits you have, you JUST cannot finish your graduation in a year!
The problem is the PH never explains the timeline properly. Zoya could've been 4 years old which makes her 21 now and if she then claims she finished her Degree it makes sense coz I did the same.

Then comes Najma. If I distinctly remember, Najma's first birthday was 17 years ago. So right now she must be a little above 18. Who finishes college at 18???? Was Dilshad talking about junior college (high school)??LOLLOL This I agree. Gul Khan should've made it 20 years. That solves half the problems.

And what is up with Gul Mata and freakishly young girls getting married??? I know it's legal to get married at 18 and stuff but which girl belonging to that economic strata gets married at 18? (No offence intended to anybody)The economic strata has nothing to do with it. In fact, I've seen rich young girls getting married even before their comparatively poorer friends. The theory being that they don't have to work. Such is the society still.

Personally I want Zoya to be 25 or 26 and AAK to be 29. So Najma could be around 23, but that's still too young (for me) to get married.India is still majorly rural so they accept it.

And also is marriage the only thing out there which people find happiness in? It pissed me off too much when Dilshad said Najma was sharmaoing as she talked about her nikaah. I mean I didn't expect that from Dilshad!
Marriage is a social norm. Its only in the past few years that people have started to open their minds. Society has a long way to go. 
And if Najma did go to college then what is the use of being the topper (earlier speculations) when she doesn't even use her degree for some productive work (something other than showing the prospective groom and his family that she is educated).
Remember Asad has reservations sending her out? She comes from a conservative family. Asad doesn't like it so Dilshad wouldn't say anything against it. Also, recently Dilshad mentioned how they've always protected Najma. They don't want her to face hardships at all. Its incomprehensible to us but it does happen.
I didn't expect it coming from Zoya when she said "shaadi toh ek na ek din karni hi padegi" or something along those lines. Is she indicating that people cannot be happy without a shaadi.
Where is the career mindedness in this serial. Can she not go out and search for some work experience or set up a business. Is there no such thing in Hindi TV serials called girls working????
Zoya is in love. She would want others to enjoy the same feelings that she's experiencing. Besides, you can't forever go alone. It gets to you sometime or the other. Don't think I'm supporting marriage. I myself don't want to get married but that doesn't mean its wrong.

Its a family drama, we can't see career hereLOL
But yeah, I agree that the shows are regressive. They don't think beyond marriage and love. But thats what sells so we can't blame the makers.
Okay, that's about it for now. But seriously don't you guys think it is going too OTT about marriage here? Would love to see Najma stand up and say that she wants to find a job! And I also want Zoya to work after marriage. 

T.V shows in general need a major revamp. What you call OTT is actually nothing compared to all the other matter being shown.

How come you didn't talk about the women inflicting so much cruelty? Doesn't that irritate you?
What do you guys think? Drop in a comment!
P.S. : It is just my prediction but I think the upcoming track is about who got Billi pregnant since it is obvious that it is not Imraan. Thumbs Up if you think it is Garfield or Tom. Or maybe the cheshire cat, since it is always disappearing. LOLLOL

Comments in blue

Edited by GredandForge - 15 August 2013 at 3:26am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

JimsonMrDarcyfan

sumaiya14 IF-Stunnerz
sumaiya14
sumaiya14

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 3:28am | IP Logged
Agree with you. .
Jimson Groupbie
Jimson
Jimson

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 3:42am | IP Logged
Khushi was definitely not 23-24 as per the Star Plus website where it stated that Khushi is an 18 year old girl.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MrDarcyfan

parthianglory. Goldie
parthianglory.
parthianglory.

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 3:46am | IP Logged
I absolutely agree with you.

Frankly, I find Zoya deplorable at the moment. There's no consistency in her values and opinions. 

She's on an unstable see-saw of extremes - at one end she endorses wearing jeans to religious events (which is a culturally sensitive issue) and conversely she's advocating almost an obligation to get married.

It's unfortunate, because a lot of youngsters are following the show and as an elder sister, I would never want my sister to be influenced by such a jilted character. My sister loves Zoya, but she was confused by why she felt that there was a need for a woman to get married and I had to explain to her that there is no such mandate regarding marriage. 

My boyfriend and I have been dating for three years and marriage has never been a concern of ours and our parents are totally okay with that. I understand that our circumstances are vastly disparate, but Zoya's portrayed as a modern woman and yet she holds onto such medieval orthodox beliefs.

I'm appalled.

Edited by paridhiadhikari - 15 August 2013 at 3:46am

JimsonMrDarcyfan

LoveAsYa222 IF-Rockerz
LoveAsYa222
LoveAsYa222

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 4:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jimson

Khushi was definitely not 23-24 as per the Star Plus website where it stated that Khushi is an 18 year old girl.
Yeah it did but they later showed her as a 25 year old in the show...Check this post if u don't believe me Big smile

Edited by LoveAsYa222 - 15 August 2013 at 4:49am

JimsonMrDarcyfan

nahsjdnusksmsj IF-Sizzlerz
nahsjdnusksmsj
nahsjdnusksmsj

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 4:58am | IP Logged
Agree

JimsonMrDarcyfan

rakshaanra IF-Dazzler
rakshaanra
rakshaanra

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 5:09am | IP Logged
Ironic, as Zoya is pushing Najma to get married, 
Zoya herself was forced to get married the first time and I expect her to have empathy for Najma

JimsonMrDarcyfan

MrDarcyfan IF-Sizzlerz
MrDarcyfan
MrDarcyfan

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 5:09am | IP Logged
I agree with you on the obsession RE marriage, and lack of any professional ambition in women shown in these shows!

Zoya a girl with a degree is sitting at home god knows doing what all day, and living off whom exactly? Does her Api and jiju send her money or is AAK paying for everything? She has been Asad's "meheman for like 9 months now"? (Maybe 3 or 4 months on the show).

As for 4 Lions heroines age...Khushi was around 23 or 24. Some dialogues on the show indicated that she was 23. So probably by the end of the show she was 24. Zoya is probably around 23 as well. (Personally I find this age too young to get married). I was still in university doing a double degree at that age. I don't believe in early marriages personally. Therefore I married after graduating Uni and working for several years. I am still working even after having 2 kids. But that is my personal choice. I don't expect everyone to do the same!(I also live in the West and have done so for most of my life).

But I do agree that Indian TV is Highly regressive in their portrayal of females! They are shown as clothes horses with nothing better to do than just fawn around the house!

The only exceptions I see lately are the females in shows like Arjun or even the lead in Veera who plays a single mum who runs a farm along with caring for 2 kids!!

I would love to see Zoya work and even Najma! Nikhat is educated too? So why can't these girls do something other than just sit at home waiting for "Mr Right"?? Tanveer may be a nasty piece of work, but at least the chick occupies herself plotting and being industrious! :) She does run a business too!!

Edited by MrDarcyfan - 15 August 2013 at 5:13am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

JimsonrakshaanraLoveAsYa222

Go to top