Qubool Hai

India-Forums

Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

Some highly irritating points in Qubool Hai.

Jimson Groupbie
Jimson
Jimson

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 9:22pm | IP Logged
Hello!!
Ever since Qubool Hai started, all I've been doing is wondering about what the age of Zoya would be, considering the past shows of 4 Lions where the female protagonist has always been 18. And then the love story starts. In Geet, women get pregnant at 18!!
So taking in all the data, 17 years ago Zoya must have been 2 or 3 years old, looking at baby Zoya. Then now she must be around 20. BUT, she said she has a degree in computer software. But no matter HOW MANY credits you have, you JUST cannot finish your graduation in a year!

Then comes Najma. If I distinctly remember, Najma's first birthday was 17 years ago. So right now she must be a little above 18. Who finishes college at 18???? Was Dilshad talking about junior college (high school)??LOLLOL

And what is up with Gul Mata and freakishly young girls getting married??? I know it's legal to get married at 18 and stuff but which girl belonging to that economic strata gets married at 18? (No offence intended to anybody)

Personally I want Zoya to be 25 or 26 and AAK to be 29. So Najma could be around 23, but that's still too young (for me) to get married.

And also is marriage the only thing out there which people find happiness in? It pissed me off too much when Dilshad said Najma was sharmaoing as she talked about her nikaah. I mean I didn't expect that from Dilshad!

And if Najma did go to college then what is the use of being the topper (earlier speculations) when she doesn't even use her degree for some productive work (something other than showing the prospective groom and his family that she is educated).

I didn't expect it coming from Zoya when she said "shaadi toh ek na ek din karni hi padegi" or something along those lines. Is she indicating that people cannot be happy without a shaadi.
Where is the career mindedness in this serial. Can she not go out and search for some work experience or set up a business. Is there no such thing in Hindi TV serials called girls working????
Okay, that's about it for now. But seriously don't you guys think it is going too OTT about marriage here? Would love to see Najma stand up and say that she wants to find a job! And I also want Zoya to work after marriage. 
What do you guys think? Drop in a comment!
P.S. : It is just my prediction but I think the upcoming track is about who got Billi pregnant since it is obvious that it is not Imraan. Thumbs Up if you think it is Garfield or Tom. Or maybe the cheshire cat, since it is always disappearing. LOLLOL

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

Sam_Veensumamelbkabhimagic23recoupfromsujiViolet_orchidcosminadivyabelleasya04parthianglory.-Inferno-Noe123Nutella.LoveAsYa222gossipgirlxoxoMrDarcyfansumaiya14

Nutella. IF-Rockerz
Nutella.
Nutella.

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
Highly feminist concerns you've raised there. I don't think they belong. As sad as it is, we might have to give the Indian subcontinent as a whole another couple of decades to surpass these regressive ideologies. Until then, we can all bask in the glory of knowing that at least we are not on a path towards ultimate decadence. Things are improving. Maybe someday you'll see a show where a character doesn't need a man in her life. One day...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

JimsongossipgirlxoxoLoveAsYa222KulfiBaiMrDarcyfan

maha70 IF-Rockerz

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

fromsujiJimsonLoveAsYa222MrDarcyfan

gossipgirlxoxo IF-Rockerz
gossipgirlxoxo
gossipgirlxoxo

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 9:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jimson

Hello!!
Ever since Qubool Hai started, all I've been doing is wondering about what the age of Zoya would be, considering the past shows of 4 Lions where the female protagonist has always been 18. And then the love story starts. In Geet, women get pregnant at 18!!
So taking in all the data, 17 years ago Zoya must have been 2 or 3 years old, looking at baby Zoya. Then now she must be around 20. BUT, she said she has a degree in computer software. But no matter HOW MANY credits you have, you JUST cannot finish your graduation in a year!

Then comes Najma. If I distinctly remember, Najma's first birthday was 17 years ago. So right now she must be a little above 18. Who finishes college at 18???? Was Dilshad talking about junior college (high school)??LOLLOL

And what is up with Gul Mata and freakishly young girls getting married??? I know it's legal to get married at 18 and stuff but which girl belonging to that economic strata gets married at 18? (No offence intended to anybody)

Personally I want Zoya to be 25 or 26 and AAK to be 29. So Najma could be around 23, but that's still too young (for me) to get married.

And also is marriage the only thing out there which people find happiness in? It pissed me off too much when Dilshad said Najma was sharmaoing as she talked about her nikaah. I mean I didn't expect that from Dilshad!

And if Najma did go to college then what is the use of being the topper (earlier speculations) when she doesn't even use her degree for some productive work (something other than showing the prospective groom and his family that she is educated).

I didn't expect it coming from Zoya when she said "shaadi toh ek na ek din karni hi padegi" or something along those lines. Is she indicating that people cannot be happy without a shaadi.
Where is the career mindedness in this serial. Can she not go out and search for some work experience or set up a business. Is there no such thing in Hindi TV serials called girls working????
Okay, that's about it for now. But seriously don't you guys think it is going too OTT about marriage here? Would love to see Najma stand up and say that she wants to find a job! And I also want Zoya to work after marriage. 
P.S. : It is just my prediction but I think the upcoming track is about who got Billi pregnant since it is obvious that it is not Imraan. Thumbs Up if you think it is Garfield or Tom. Or maybe the cheshire cat, since it is always disappearing. LOLLOL

In a small place like Bhopal girls are married early... Also if they are in med or engineering.,. They finish their degree.. But getting married in 1st and 2nd year of college is not unheard of...
As for the age of characters... Gul. Is still figuring it out..
Btw she is very busy these days... Trying to figure out who is tannu's baby daddy

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MrDarcyfan

moniloveasya IF-Stunnerz
moniloveasya
moniloveasya

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 9:43pm | IP Logged
Yes totally agree with u

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MrDarcyfan

jackburton Newbie
jackburton
jackburton

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 1:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jimson

Hello!!

Unlike in the west where girls get married very late, girls in subcontinent or other parts of Asia for that matter get married early on. Though there are pros and cons to everything. Getting married early having children early (though at appropriate time) parents get to spend more time with their kids, the available time helps raising kids properly.

Topping in exams need not be for specific purpose, personal satisfaction is also very important. And what productive use you are talking about. Getting educated and even topping in exams, helps become a better informed person capable enough to handle situations maturely.
What wrong did Zoya said while talking about marriage. You mean to say that people should stay single and amorous like in west engage in multiple affairs and get married only at the fag end of their life. What career mindedness?? There is not restriction or problem in women entering profession, but only if there is any need or desire. In the west it has become a norm for women to be professional, while in subcontinent or in the East it is family that comes first and not personal likes or dislikes. Western women have no apparent choice and thus they think of career and financial indepedence. While here women enter profession if they so desire or when there is a need to, and never for the heck of it.
If Najma or Zoya feel they should work now or after marriage then they can, and not because of norm or standard prevalent practice but because they like to.
viya.mallik4eva IF-Sizzlerz
viya.mallik4eva
viya.mallik4eva

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 2:10am | IP Logged
The age issues have been discussed to death long back and I remember ppl concluding ages then and somehow Zoya is 24,  najma is 21 and nikhat 19. Don't remember the logic lol.

Agree on marriages thing. Unfortunately, conservative families work so. Hoping after this Imran fiasco, they show Najma thinking about career.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

JimsonMrDarcyfan

LoveAsYa222 IF-Rockerz
LoveAsYa222
LoveAsYa222

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 2:15am | IP Logged
Agree with u Thumbs Up Awesome post Hug But one thing I didn't agree with... all 4 lions female leads weren't 18...I think Khushi was around 23-24 Ermm So I'm guessing Zoya is around this age too...

Edited by LoveAsYa222 - 15 August 2013 at 2:17am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

JimsonMrDarcyfan

Go to top