Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

Jodha: Mother of two heirs (Page 5)

rehann IF-Rockerz
rehann
rehann

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 12:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chinuchinu

somewhere in the show too they have shown rukkaiya was interested to have a child but was not conceiving acc. to my search  Embarrassed from goggle too have read rukkaiya was childless she never conceived n it was jodha only who gave a son to akbar Embarrassed Smile  Wink  may b in the show too they will show the same thing 
Clapthis what i want!!Approve

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

yoga23priyachinuchinu

chinuchinu IF-Sizzlerz
chinuchinu
chinuchinu

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 1:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rehann

Originally posted by chinuchinu

somewhere in the show too they have shown rukkaiya was interested to have a child but was not conceiving acc. to my search  Embarrassed from goggle too have read rukkaiya was childless she never conceived n it was jodha only who gave a son to akbar Embarrassed Smile  Wink  may b in the show too they will show the same thing 
Clapthis what i want!!Approve

me too want them to show the same thing Big smileEmbarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

yoga23priya

doyelpakhi Goldie
doyelpakhi
doyelpakhi

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 3:03am | IP Logged
Ok... so here is my information from Vincent Smith's book -

That European historian did a lot of research on Akbar and left no stone unturned to find his misdeeds Wink and were critical of him on many aspects. Still he had to admit that Akbar was a great general, an able administrator and a visionary.

Coming to Akbar's children -

he first had a twin - mother is unknown - Akbar named them Hassan and Hossein but they died within months.

Jahangir mentioned in his memoir that till Akbar was of 28 years old, none of the children survived.

Shahzada Khanam - Jahangir's sister was born to one of the Royal concubine's after three months' of his birth

Both Murad and Daniyal were born later and their mothers were royal concubines as stated by Salim

Bibi Daulat-Shad gave birth to two daughters  -----  Shakaru-n-nisa Begam and Aram Banu Begam.

So it means Akbar loves this Bibi more than anyone else ErmmLOL

According to Salim, Shakaru was a compassionate polite woman but the other sister was not so polite. But Akbar loved his daughters dearly, specially the younger one.

Smith confirms that Akbar's first Hindu consort gave birth to Salim. Salim doesn't give his mother's name. In his own case, he gave the names of wives who bore him children, but  he just mentioned about his two sons given birth by concubines.

Though he does not state explicitly that his mother was concubine, but the way he does not mention about his mother's name,it's a bit odd.

Jahangir, wrote about Raja Mansingh -

" I made Raja Man Singh' who was one of the greatest and most trusted noblemen of my father, and had obtained alliances with this illustrious family, inasmuch as his aunt had been in my father's house (i.e. was his wife),* "

Salim write with so much detachment about his own mother, that sometimes it seems as if Harka Bai was not his mother.  Confused A person from Mughal lineage as well as RAjput family from Jodhpur had  said that Jodha Bai did exist and she got married to Akbar...perhaps, Jodha gave birth to Salim and she was not Akbar's first Hindu wife... As time passed, Jodha became synonymous with Harka and gave rise to myth ... God knows the truth!

Also Salim was married to Raja ManSingh's sister i.e Bhagwan Das's daughter. Akbar, in his later years was against marriage b/w near relations and still he let that marriage happen!

Anyways, enough of my rant... LOL

Edited by doyelpakhi - 16 August 2013 at 4:00am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sjnpyoga23priyaParijatrocks

qush3 Newbie
qush3
qush3

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 5:40am | IP Logged
Maybe Jodha supported Akbhar, when Salim rebelled. Therefore Salim being Jodha's son was still holding a grudge.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

doyelpakhiyoga23priya

Go to top