India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Take 0 - Satyanashing 11 [IO] (Page 64)

-Vee05- IF-Sizzlerz
-Vee05-
-Vee05-

Posted: 26 August 2013 at 4:13pm | IP Logged
Should i be completely honest? No shoes and maramari ok? 

I kept IPK2 out of my mind while watching and I really didnt mind the show. Starting the show with Ganesh aarti they had me there...the lord of problem solving is much needed here Wink

I dont see ASR because he is not ASR and shes not KKGSR either...they are a different individuals and it is a different show...so comparing it is pointless and kinda unfair because their efforts seem to be gone to waste since everyone is just humming on with the title...

My honest suggestion? Take it from someone who was very involved in the real IPK and the layers behind it all...watch the show with a clean slate and dont compare because then only heart ache and anger will surface...as a franchise more power to them  i dont agree with it but then who am i in the grander scheme of things?

As pure entertainment value...not bad... Smile

Aastha is Faith...Shlok is song ...a man who has no faith in women...a woman who hate's his gut's...will she bring his faith back? We will see Wink

Edited by -Vee05- - 26 August 2013 at 4:26pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-tulip21meens80savvy05PSharada

savvy05 IF-Rockerz
savvy05
savvy05

Posted: 26 August 2013 at 5:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Vee05-

Aastha is Faith...Shlok is song ...a man who has no faith in women...a woman who hate's his gut's...will she bring his faith back? We will see Wink

Vee.. chances are I may not watch the show after the disappointing first episode but loved what you have written above.

SP is targeting the same national/international audience - ok
Same premise as IPK - ok
Same title - ok, I am quite indifferent at this point because they do hold the final decision mantle
Similar character etches like IPK - ok
Exact same setup for first meeting right from stage to the physical and emotional atyachar - not ok.Angry

My irritation is probably with when does originality really set in?  Aren't you supposed to be coming out guns blazing with creative scenes in the opening episode?
ConfusedConfused

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-dips99meens80Hriju321tulip21soapsuds-Vee05-PSharada

-Vee05- IF-Sizzlerz
-Vee05-
-Vee05-

Posted: 26 August 2013 at 6:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by savvy05

Vee.. chances are I may not watch the show after the disappointing first episode but loved what you have written above.

Same premise as IPK - ok
Same title - ok, I am quite indifferent at this point because they do hold the final decision mantle
Exact same setup for first meeting right from stage to the physical and emotional atyachar - not ok.Angry

My irritation is probably with when does originality really set in?  Aren't you supposed to be coming out guns blazing with creative scenes in the opening episode?
ConfusedConfused

See i agree it's nothing new...now like we were talking about the other day M&B is all the same...same with most of these stories that have gotten popular in the last couple of years...MCPish man with some mommy issue and some timid naive girl and those are stories people get pulled too...ZGH was an exception but the guy had mommy issues and was an ass to say it nicely...

The timing is kinda odd and dumb at 6 pm but jo bhi its a tp type of show...but looking back at November...if theyd have done this then everyone would have been pissed but have accepted this even...for the ones that wanted a show with a "feel" of IPK they should be really thrilled...all those million calls a day wasting money finally became reality LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

tulip21PSharada

PSharada IF-Sizzlerz
PSharada
PSharada

Posted: 26 August 2013 at 6:46pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by savvy05

Same premise as IPK - ok

ConfusedConfused

See i agree it's nothing new...now like we were talking about the other day M&B is all the same...same with most of these stories that have gotten popular in the last couple of years...MCPish man with some mommy issue and some timid naive girl and those are stories people get pulled too...ZGH was an exception but the guy had mommy issues and was an ass to say it nicely...

The timing is kinda odd and dumb at 6 pm but jo bhi its a tp type of show...but looking back at November...if theyd have done this then everyone would have been pissed but have accepted this even...for the ones that wanted a show with a "feel" of IPK they should be really thrilled...all those million calls a day wasting money finally became reality LOL

Vee, I agree with you. SP wanted to get a M&B show because basically IPK season 1 got the international audience to SP like none other. And then they closed down the show and may be that resulted in losses for the channel. So they are trying to woo the audience with a new show by naming it the same name. Till that point I am there with SP even though I absolutely didn't want the title to be the same.

But why couldn't they have a different setup and initial build up. Why should they copy every scene. There are so many M&B stories out there - Heck they print I think few every month. Why couldn't they take another profession as the premise - Maybe both work in a office/Maybe both are business rivals/Maybe the girl is rude for a change and boy is carefree/Maybe the profession is different like doctor or so. For that matter even DMG was slightly M&B. But by taking the same initial scenes they have actually closed out all hopes of this serial getting any bhaav from the audience. And yes the time slot of 6PM is a big let down - Neither the college going girls/office working women or the housewives would be free at this time.

Edited by psarada - 26 August 2013 at 6:46pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-Hriju321tulip21soapsuds-Vee05-Pr1yanka

-Vee05- IF-Sizzlerz
-Vee05-
-Vee05-

Posted: 26 August 2013 at 6:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by psarada

Vee, I agree with you. SP wanted to get a M&B show because basically IPK season 1 got the international audience to SP like none other. And then they closed down the show and may be that resulted in losses for the channel. So they are trying to woo the audience with a new show by naming it the same name. Till that point I am there with SP even though I absolutely didn't want the title to be the same.

But why couldn't they have a different setup and initial build up. Why should they copy every scene. There are so many M&B stories out there - Heck they print I think few every month. Why couldn't they take another profession as the premise - Maybe both work in a office/Maybe both are business rivals/Maybe the girl is rude for a change and boy is carefree/Maybe the profession is different like doctor or so. For that matter even DMG was slightly M&B. But by taking the same initial scenes they have actually closed out all hopes of this serial getting any bhaav from the audience. And yes the time slot of 6PM is a big let down - Neither the college going girls/office working women or the housewives would be free at this time.

Ab har why ka jawab nahi hai mere pass but think about it... Be it Arnav Singh Raizada, Asad Ahmad Khan, Maan Singh Khurana, Christian Grey or any other character of that magnitude written or created...a black or Grey put together suit, hair gelled back (or not for the desi ones) in dynamic situations of power looking down at others (particularly women) has woo'ed the crowds...this by any means isnt a defense for SP but thats what showcases a man's power to whoever the heck is watching...i dont think IPK was the first to do it and i doubt IPK 2 will be the last to use it but why reinvent the wheel? If it works use it and sell it...i didnt think it was identical...it had it's odd moments...it looked like they were trying too hard but jaane do its only episode 1...bottom line its a tv show not the end of the world in my opinion just like IPK 1 and QNH this might win some hearts and fade into the skies eventually...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

PSharada

PSharada IF-Sizzlerz
PSharada
PSharada

Posted: 26 August 2013 at 7:11pm | IP Logged

Ab har why ka jawab nahi hai mere pass but think about it... Be it Arnav Singh Raizada, Asad Ahmad Khan, Maan Singh Khurana, Christian Grey or any other character of that magnitude written or created...a black or Grey put together suit, hair gelled back (or not for the desi ones) in dynamic situations of power looking down at others (particularly women) has woo'ed the crowds...this by any means isnt a defense for SP but thats what showcases a man's power to whoever the heck is watching...i dont think IPK was the first to do it and i doubt IPK 2 will be the last to use it but why reinvent the wheel? If it works use it and sell it...i didnt think it was identical...it had it's odd moments...it looked like they were trying too hard but jaane do its only episode 1...bottom line its a tv show not the end of the world in my opinion just like IPK 1 and QNH this might win some hearts and fade into the skies eventually...

I think when one thing works, people just use the same thing but will not try to invent something different. The same thing 4Lions is doing with QH - it already did with IPK and Geet and actually all 3 were/are successful. So maybe SP is thinking that this will also succeed. I can't fault their thinking. Everyone these days think about only assembly line production without using their creativity.

Well for me - 6PM slot doesn't work out. A career woman with kids, 6PM slot is for my house work. So I will catch this on/off. If it works well and good, else I am not too bothered though I have to say that with giving the same look and same name to the show SP has upped the stakes for this show to garner any praise/followers.

Edited by psarada - 26 August 2013 at 9:56pm

-Vee05-

-Vee05- IF-Sizzlerz
-Vee05-
-Vee05-

Posted: 26 August 2013 at 7:18pm | IP Logged

I think when one think works, people just use the same thing but will not try to invent something different. The same thing 4Lions is doing with QH - it already did with IPK and Geet and actually all 3 were/are successful. So maybe SP is thinking that this will also succeed. I can't fault their thinking. Everyone these days think about only assembly line production without using their creativity.

Well for me - 6PM slot doesn't work out. A career woman with kids, 6PM slot is for my house work. So I will catch this on/off. If it works well and good, else I am not too bothered though I have to say that with giving the same look and same name to the show SP has upped the stakes for this show to garner any praise/followers.

6 pm slot is useless...im barely in the door trying to grab dinner and get stuff done...lets see how long before its moved to the 8:30 slot. 

PSharada

meens80 IF-Dazzler
meens80
meens80

Posted: 26 August 2013 at 7:25pm | IP Logged
I agree that as a stand alone show; it may not be so bad but the makers without realizing have done a huge disservice to the show and actors. By labeling it IPK2 ; they have not only set up comparisons with the leads individually and as a jodi but to the ensemble cast, the music, the direction, dialogues everything; all of which was A1 when we started off at-least.

I doubt ANY IPK1 viewer will watch and enjoy the show as much; if they are looking to tap into a new market using the brand name; that very well could backfire too. If someone has heard of IPK but never had a chance to watch it; suppose they even give this new season a try and then out of curiosity go back to watch the original; many would quit this and catch up on the master piece itself Tongue

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-dips99Hriju321PSharadaNewbiesoapfan

Go to top